JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How do these things get approved? Positions of authority requires a college degree. What college is sending these people out on the streets to lead?

Why wouldn't it be a good thing for a drill to be as realistic as possible? Isn't that the purpose of drills?

And even though everyone will be aware it's a drill, certain kids who are sensitive for whatever reason should not be on site.

Two trains of thought. Can a drill be too realistic? Too stressful? Is it possible to lay things on too thick? Dunno. Too much smoke? Fire? Screams? Fake graphic injuries? Fake body parts? Fake blood by the barrels? Good acting? Thespians? Flash bangs? Automatic weapons fire? Fake explosions?

Or ... should one just fake the drills and only lay on the basics and tell the responders and support agencies it will be only a staged walk through? A phony baloney feel good only drill? Quarter speed? I for one think a real deal drill should be as realistic as possible. Including LOUD blanks. Full speed.

The intent should be good training. This includes not going by a script. Keep adding unexpected things the first responders must address on the fly. Keep piling it on until everything fails. Then make it even worse. The point of such an exercise is to test the limits of the infrastructure. Anything else is pointless.

Me only.

Sure, then some MSM whack job can leak the video & assessment. Because, you know, ratings.

So real whack jobs can find the holes in the response.

What could go wrong?

It'd be wins and high fives all round....except for the kids and staff put at risk...

There is always the chance of the bad guys studying ways to get into the schools. What the drills might accomplish are better ways to respond after the fact. This might be always the case.

Two trains of thought. Can a drill be too realistic? Too stressful? Is it possible to lay things on too thick? Dunno.

I've seen officers get fatigued during force-on-force training. They know that anytime during the scenario, a gunfight or other use of force could happen. There is definitely adrenaline, noise and pain involved. If we were that wound up all the time, it would be bad. I do believe in training "scars" too.

How do these things get approved? Positions of authority requires a college degree. What college is sending these people out on the streets to lead?
Have you seen the freekin idots that come out of college these days.
That peice of paper with a collage name on the top of it doesn't make you smart .
It just says you spent a lot of money and drank a lot of beer for 4 or 6 or 8 years.
I know people that have been to college for the years doctor .and TEACHER and other stuff that requires a degree.
Some of them can't even check the oil in there car

You want to practice tactical stuff .get some dam paint ball GUNs and go practice.
There is no way deadly ammo can be mistaken and used .put on your goggles and go for it

I would rather see the time, energy and $$ be spent on the teachers and staff. The kids need leadership from someone who knows what to do.

I would rather see the time, energy and $$ be spent on the teachers and staff. The kids need leadership from someone who knows what to do.
This would probably be better but the teachers are a lost cause.most don't want anything to do with self defense classes.of coarse there are some that have training or could be trained.
But that's a another story.
Take @AndyinEverson for instance.combat vet a teacher and it wouldn't take a million dollars to train him .
Uncle Sam already did that.

I don't know @AndyinEverson that well .
But I have been shooting with him a few times .
Had breakfast with him talking to him about his students and his job a little bit.
I can say he would do what had to be done if it came to that.
AND I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE THE GUY IN HIS SIGHTS.lol he shoots pretty good HEHEE

Yea, What could go wrong? Back in 1999 the Rhode Island Popo was doing some hostage training in a school bus and the "Sniper" hadn't checked and cleared his weapon and insured he had blanks, instead he chambered a live round and killed a "Hostage" on that bus! These things happen all too often! What about the Portland Copper who was supposed to be chootin rubber less then lethal and instead fired a round of buck into some dude? Yup, I say it's a bad idea!
Now imagine some armorer having a bad day and got his wires crossed and loaded a few 30 round mags with the real stuff instead of blanks, and issued them to the trainees who are too amped up to check what they are chambering, that's a really bad day for every one!

Yea, What could go wrong? Back in 1999 the Rhode Island Popo was doing some hostage training in a school bus and the "Sniper" hadn't checked and cleared his weapon and insured he had blanks, instead he chambered a live round and killed a "Hostage" on that bus! These things happen all too often! What about the Portland Copper who was supposed to be chootin rubber less then lethal and instead fired a round of buck into some dude? Yup, I say it's a bad idea!
Now imagine some armorer having a bad day and got his wires crossed and loaded a few 30 round mags with the real stuff instead of blanks, and issued them to the trainees who are too amped up to check what they are chambering, that's a really bad day for every one!
I remember that he shot a lady point blank

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads