JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I know that I'll get flamed for this one, but for once its nice to tell this sitting President that he did a great job. This mission was a risk both diplomatically and militarily and to see it succeed and most importantly Osama in the hottest corner of **** where he belongs is sweet indeed.

I drank a toast to him last night. After two and a half years the one-termer finally got one right.

I know that I'll get flamed for this one, but for once its nice to tell this sitting President that he did a great job. This mission was a risk both diplomatically and militarily and to see it succeed and most importantly Osama in the hottest corner of **** where he belongs is sweet indeed.

He did a great job of saying yes to a perfect plan. The bulk of the credit should go to the people that set it up, and the seals that executed it.

You won't get any crap from me. I voted for the guy.

I liked how about the time the DEVGRU troops were getting back on-ship President Obama was cracking wise about the moon landing and Donald Trump. That's exactly the kind of presence I want our elected leader to have and not giving any sign that our boys are out doing tough work.

He did a great job of saying yes to a perfect plan. The bulk of the credit should go to the people that set it up, and the seals that executed it.

Except, if it had gone all wrong, he would be getting burned politically right now, like Carter with the hostage rescue mission.
For some insight on long-time Pakistani policy, read Ahmed Rashid's book Taliban:
Amazon.com: Taliban: Militant Islam, Oil and Fundamentalism in Central Asia (9780300089028): Ahmed Rashid: Books
Pakistan Government's main concern isn't terrorism, it's India. Their military doctrine calls for using Afghanistan as a 'deep interior', a place to retreat into in case of Indian invasion. As such, Pakistan Intelligence services ISA basically started up theTaliban as a way (they thought) to bring some order to the chaos then raging in Afghanistan after Soviet withdrawal.Talk about blow-back. This whole deal is about cleaning up one mess after another. Our Mujihadeen pals - "the equivalent to the Founding Fathers" according to Ronald Reagan - turn into murdering nut jobs. So ISA, which had a contract to pass through all CIA funds for the anti-Soviet war - set up the Taliban. Who link up with OBL - a Mujihadeen vet - to declare war on us.

Anyway, there are deep ties between our enemies and the Pakistan military. We need to figure out what the goal is, now that ODL is dead. Because, for sure and no matter what, Pakistan will be there when we do decide to leave (the sooner the better IMO).

You won't get any crap from me. I voted for the guy.

I liked how about the time the DEVGRU troops were getting back on-ship President Obama was cracking wise about the moon landing and Donald Trump. That's exactly the kind of presence I want our elected leader to have and not giving any sign that our boys are out doing tough work.

Well I can't stand the guy, he has done terrible things to this country, but I have to give him his due for being presidential. He basically made the decision to invade another country with US forces to kill a foreign national and potentially civilians of the invaded country without forewarning any other govt. All that and he was on TV hours later saying we did what we said we were going to do. As POTUS, had the raid failed he would have paid the price ala Jimmy Carter in much the same way deserves a pat on the back for the success of this one.

He could have done the more PC thing but he did the American thing, he kicked A$$.

Now I'll go back to hating his policies.

Another good book to read about the history of the area is Ghost Wars by Stephen Coll. It's a very dry read, but extremely informative. This was a recommendation from a friend who spent time in the region in the mid-to-late 90's in advisory role, and he indicated that this book added a lot of context to the role of he and his teammates during that time when he read it years later.

Amazon.com: Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001 (9780143034667): Steve Coll: Books

I contend that everyone, even the US knew where he was all along... this was just his time to go. Just like we used Saddam Hussein as the boogyman for as long as he was useful and once he wasnt... BAM they found him and hung him in like a week.
So it goes with Osama... Bush pulled a video out every once in a while when it was useful politically. And now, Obama needs a get out of jail free card for something so they take OBL out of the closet and waste him... and then what do they offer as proof????? DNA results? Who saw the body?? OHHHH NO ONE DID! the dumped his *** into the ocean...

All i have to say is..... YEEEEAAHH right....

Just for the record .... did the World Trade towers come down from plane hits or from demolition charges? Is Neil Armstrong a liar?

To play along with your conspiracy theory .... if Obama did this for political clout then why now instead of say a few weeks before the election?

Just for the record .... did the World Trade towers come down from plane hits or from demolition charges? Is Neil Armstrong a liar?

To play along with your conspiracy theory .... if Obama did this for political clout then why now instead of say a few weeks before the election?

Agreed. Political momentum will be gone by this time next year from this event. History bears this out if some of you remember Bush I and the '91 walk through Kuwait.

What we saw beyond excellence of execution by our elite troops is a decision that was made with significant political risk to an individual and a country, and was made because our President decided that it was worth the risk to go after a man who has symbolized terrorism and its impact on our collective psyche.

At the end of the day we'll all believe what we want. I choose to believe the man gave the order because he felt it was the right thing to do, political fallout be damned.

Finally justice after almost 10 years! Instead of dumping his body they should have let us Americans drag his worthless corpse through streets as they do to our killed Americans! Sure would have been nice to see his body dragged from new York to California!

Finally justice after almost 10 years! Instead of dumping his body they should have let us Americans drag his worthless corpse through streets as they do to our killed Americans! Sure would have been nice to see his body dragged from new York to California!

And show the world we are no better savages than the Islamic extremists? No Thanks.

Except, if it had gone all wrong, he would be getting burned politically right now, like Carter with the hostage rescue mission.

That was my thinking too. He took a **** of a risk and if the mission failed not only would our country's image suffer abroad, he would cut his own throat come re-election time (keep in mind I didn't vote for him, and won't vote for him). Lets not forget the Seals who could have easily lost their lives if everything went south on this one. If this mission went badly it had the potential to make Carter's failed rescue mission look good by comparison.

I only wish Obama wouldn't be afraid to step away from the lefties in his party more and make decisions like this in regards to our economy, and our Southern Border.

he didn't take a risk- he didnt have anything to do with it! whats wrong with you people? the CIA and DEVGRU did this- obama was lucky if he was even given a freaken courtesy heads-up before they launched the mission.

freaken a.

furthermore- there wasn't a decision to be made, here. they knew where he was, they trained a team and wrote up an opord. at no point did anyone, especially not obama, sit around wondering "should we do this? we might mess up." it's osama bin fricken laden- you don't not jump on that.

Take a deep breath. Not all risks are physical/life threatening. I think we've all been pretty clear about that.

And if you think he was "lucky" to know about the mission, you have a lot to learn about how things work. I don't think you're that naive, so I don't understand your reaction.

Take a deep breath. Not all risks are physical/life threatening. I think we've all been pretty clear about that.

And if you think he was "lucky" to know about the mission, you have a lot to learn about how things work. I don't think you're that naive, so I don't understand your reaction.

I disagree. A mission like this would definitely have had to have a CIC green light.

i was making a point. obama was in no way necessary or even important in this mission. he just happened to be the guy sitting in the chair when the men on the ground put it together. "sounds good, boys. take him down," isn't deserving of any praise.

Dancing around with a dead body will do nothing but backpedal any progress made/put more US service members worlwide at harm. I know it's easy to sit around and be ignorant to the world at large and get a nice Donald Trump US foreign policy mentality going but every action has a reaction, and anti-Muslim low-brow commenting such as "HEY CLETUS LETS PUT 'IM IN A VAT OF PIGFAT" do nothing aside from making you look like someone possessing zero knowledge of ancient, or for that matter current, world history or tact.

Jamie: kudos to your post. I think we should save the Times Square dancing for when the conflicts are over, the economy is back on track, the BP spill is cleaned up and compensated for, those in the south have rebuilt their tornado-ravaged towns, and the credit cards are paid off.

Man, grow a pair!!! They already hate us. They already want to kill is. Do you think that if we show disrespect to their dead they will want us to be even more dead ???
I would have taken his corpse, buried it in a box filled with pig feces and urine and then videoed it and put it on youtube.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads