JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Excuse me RF, but this was one man. To equate the killing of OBL with the defeat of the NAZI threat to the world is ludicrous. We haven't "defeated" anyone yet. The battle of the civilized world against extremism and terror tactics is still fully engaged.

The importance of the end of WWII ops in the European theater is cause for the whole nation to dance, sing and throw parades because the whole nation was involved. Food and fuel rationing, victory gardens, saving metals and stovetop grease for the war effort. Those celebrations were justified.
There is also value in remembering the menace that was hitler and the Nazis.

To do so over OBL's death lends him more significance than he is due.

I say grind him and his name into the dustbin of history, with but a small footnote in reference to his misguided lunacy in the face of civilization.
Because that's all he deserves.

Well, that and a pork suppository! ;)

First I don't wish to be lumped in with the "pig fat" crowd mentality. That is not how I veiw the world nor am I ignorant to how complicated the world is in regards to Islam. While I do not support celebrations over his death I will not condem them either. This country took a very serious moral hit on 9/11 and we lost some of our innocence and freedoms that day. Now the person responsible for is dead. Today we got something back we lost 10 years ago, for some that's a good reason to party. Why would you look down your nose and scoff at them? They are your American brothers and sisters who feel like they gotten something back. I will agree that with you that this asshat deseves nor more than to be the dust under my floormats. Still, if you know the Muslim world you realize he has already reached his immortal status among the zelots and nothing we do will remove that fame from them. What's done is done. Our sacrifices today do not compare to that of 60 years ago and that is not where where I was going in my OP. What I was saying is that after all the crap our contry has gone through in the years after 9/11 we deserve a moral win and a reason to celebrate! Not to mention, a little something for my friends in the sandbox to smile about.

Our country has deep respect for muslim traditions...obviously we would dump the body to honor those traditions. Even at the cost of proving we got the worlds #1 most wanted terrorist/criminal. No one in our gov would ever try to cover anything up or get rid of evidence...That kind of corruption has just never happened before. Ofcourse it took us 10+ years to find the guy...he was hiding in mansion with 18ft walls...those walls were too tall to see over...duh

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

All those sleeper cells are surely going to start activating, and we'll be in trouble. All the guns in the world won't stop them; we need more intelligence and watchfulness inside and out of our country. Keep an eye out folks; but don't just assume it's going to be Middle East looking folks.

So... tying this back into gun politics (because no one here has yet mentioned it), I think this means an uptick in gun sales, and a stronger footing for the pro-gun lobby.

Honestly? you do?

I really don't know anyone in the USA that is concerned about Terrorists on US soil. I was on a plane to Vegas shortly after the no fly order lifted without a single concern over terrorism.

Terrorism is only terrorism if you let yourself be terrorized and so far the only people that have bought into being terrorized is the US government, not the US people.

The thing I taked away from this is Pakistan has some explaining to do. They can't make any excuses any more about not being able to find him in the mountains. You can't tell me that some folks pretty high up in Pakistans military and govt. didn't know who was in that compound.
I think the fact that they were not given prior notice it was happening and that our forces entered Pakastani soil without permission tells us all we need to know about the level of government involvement.

It was fun watching their ambassador squirm on the BBC today when asked about why the Pakastani government was shoved out of the loop and not notified.

tumblr_lkjsa0vvlq1qzu2tdo1_400.gif

lol

That compound was 100 yards away from a military academy and several generals live in the houses surrounding his. Pakistan was protecting him the whole time that they were double dealing us, no doubt. Remember it was Pakistan that sent the Talaban into Afghanistan to control it. They are exporting their nuke technology.

The awful truth is it isn't a just few Islamic leaders or governments that want to kill the non believers, it's a movement.

Bad times are ahead, just as we are being weakened.

gentlemen- i'm sure osama's general location has been known off and on for some time. i dont think anybody has ever disputed that (?). the problem has been getting to him in the middle of one of the most dangerously western-hostile provinces on the face of the earth. the northwestern tribal areas are wild west on steroids- even the pakistani government has to pay a tribute to be granted temporary access.

He wasnt in the NW region... he was just outside of Islamabad. He was in a populated area, living in a compound surrounded by 15' walls with razor wire... I dont think he went unnoticed. Especially since the town also is home to a huge pakistani training facility.

I contend that everyone, even the US knew where he was all along... this was just his time to go. Just like we used Saddam Hussein as the boogyman for as long as he was useful and once he wasnt... BAM they found him and hung him in like a week.
So it goes with Osama... Bush pulled a video out every once in a while when it was useful politically. And now, Obama needs a get out of jail free card for something so they take OBL out of the closet and waste him... and then what do they offer as proof????? DNA results? Who saw the body?? OHHHH NO ONE DID! the dumped his *** into the ocean...

All i have to say is..... YEEEEAAHH right....

i keep seeing all this talk about him being found in a mansion near islamabad (which is less than 100 miles from the frontier, BTW) as though this is conclusive evidence that he was being harbored by the pakistani government... how many of you could live on a gated/fenced spread in the middle of northwest portland without the government knowing about it?

conclusions.... they need more info, gentlemen.

i keep seeing all this talk about him being found in a mansion near islamabad (which is less than 100 miles from the frontier, BTW) as though this is conclusive evidence that he was being harbored by the pakistani government... how many of you could live on a gated/fenced spread in the middle of northwest portland without the government knowing about it?

conclusions.... they need more info, gentlemen.
Are you implying that an un-notable person like me hiding somewhere is the same level of diffulty as the most well known and most wanted criminal in the world managing to do it? Are you implying that the US government is similar to the Pakastani government?

Are you implying that an un-notable person like me hiding somewhere is the same level of diffulty as the most well known and most wanted criminal in the world managing to do it? Are you implying that the US government is similar to the Pakastani government?

osama could have been staying at a mansion in washingon DC up until two weeks ago. all you have to do is keep your head down.

either way- i guarantee you he's spent the vast majority of his time in the tribal NW region. the fact that he was finally capped in a "newly built" mansion outside of the tribal area is evidence for that, not against that.

what makes you guys think the pakistani government are so squared away that they have any control or influence over islamic fundamentalism in their country? this goes against everything we know about pakistan for the last decade. they're clueless, powerless, and nothing more than a figurative government at best. the only reason they haven't gone to war with india is because they know it'd be their own death blow, and islamic fundamentalism would take over. rich pakis are way too in love with their western vices to want that.

Can you imagine how the dude that pulled the trigger feels right now? After bursts of fire over 40 minutes, 22 people were killed or captured. One of the dead was Osama bin Laden, done in by a double tap — boom, boom — to the left side of his face.

He feels like a God#^%! Rockstar! God Bless our troops!

Nothing in government is done quickly let alone information it will take some time for the whole truth to come out and then it will have to go through the hash and rehash period. it will be a while before anyone knows the truth it is lucky for me that I'm patient

I know that I'll get flamed for this one, but for once its nice to tell this sitting President that he did a great job. This mission was a risk both diplomatically and militarily and to see it succeed and most importantly Osama in the hottest corner of **** where he belongs is sweet indeed.

I know that I'll get flamed for this one, but for once its nice to tell this sitting President that he did a great job. This mission was a risk both diplomatically and militarily and to see it succeed and most importantly Osama in the hottest corner of **** where he belongs is sweet indeed.

You wont catch any from me. Job well done on ALL accounts. God bless our troops, and God bless America!

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top