Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Osama Bin Laden is DEAD!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by swoop, May 1, 2011.

1. titsonritz

titsonritz has left the building. Well-Known Member

Oh come on, our “allies” wouldn’t try to pull any sneaky underhanded BS

2. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

3. Russianfist

Russianfist Sweet home, Oregon Active Member

First I don't wish to be lumped in with the "pig fat" crowd mentality. That is not how I veiw the world nor am I ignorant to how complicated the world is in regards to Islam. While I do not support celebrations over his death I will not condem them either. This country took a very serious moral hit on 9/11 and we lost some of our innocence and freedoms that day. Now the person responsible for is dead. Today we got something back we lost 10 years ago, for some that's a good reason to party. Why would you look down your nose and scoff at them? They are your American brothers and sisters who feel like they gotten something back. I will agree that with you that this asshat deseves nor more than to be the dust under my floormats. Still, if you know the Muslim world you realize he has already reached his immortal status among the zelots and nothing we do will remove that fame from them. What's done is done. Our sacrifices today do not compare to that of 60 years ago and that is not where where I was going in my OP. What I was saying is that after all the crap our contry has gone through in the years after 9/11 we deserve a moral win and a reason to celebrate! Not to mention, a little something for my friends in the sandbox to smile about.

4. RallySoob

RallySoob Salem, OR Active Member

Our country has deep respect for muslim traditions...obviously we would dump the body to honor those traditions. Even at the cost of proving we got the worlds #1 most wanted terrorist/criminal. No one in our gov would ever try to cover anything up or get rid of evidence...That kind of corruption has just never happened before. Ofcourse it took us 10+ years to find the guy...he was hiding in mansion with 18ft walls...those walls were too tall to see over...duh

5. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Honestly? you do?

I really don't know anyone in the USA that is concerned about Terrorists on US soil. I was on a plane to Vegas shortly after the no fly order lifted without a single concern over terrorism.

Terrorism is only terrorism if you let yourself be terrorized and so far the only people that have bought into being terrorized is the US government, not the US people.

6. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

7. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

Absolutely.

8. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I think the fact that they were not given prior notice it was happening and that our forces entered Pakastani soil without permission tells us all we need to know about the level of government involvement.

It was fun watching their ambassador squirm on the BBC today when asked about why the Pakastani government was shoved out of the loop and not notified.

9. RallySoob

RallySoob Salem, OR Active Member

tumblr_lkjsa0vvlq1qzu2tdo1_400.gif

lol

10. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

That compound was 100 yards away from a military academy and several generals live in the houses surrounding his. Pakistan was protecting him the whole time that they were double dealing us, no doubt. Remember it was Pakistan that sent the Talaban into Afghanistan to control it. They are exporting their nuke technology.

The awful truth is it isn't a just few Islamic leaders or governments that want to kill the non believers, it's a movement.

Bad times are ahead, just as we are being weakened.

11. shibbershabber

shibbershabber Vancouver Well-Known Member

He wasnt in the NW region... he was just outside of Islamabad. He was in a populated area, living in a compound surrounded by 15' walls with razor wire... I dont think he went unnoticed. Especially since the town also is home to a huge pakistani training facility.

I contend that everyone, even the US knew where he was all along... this was just his time to go. Just like we used Saddam Hussein as the boogyman for as long as he was useful and once he wasnt... BAM they found him and hung him in like a week.
    So it goes with Osama... Bush pulled a video out every once in a while when it was useful politically. And now, Obama needs a get out of jail free card for something so they take OBL out of the closet and waste him... and then what do they offer as proof????? DNA results? Who saw the body?? OHHHH NO ONE DID! the dumped his *** into the ocean...

All i have to say is..... YEEEEAAHH right....

12. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i keep seeing all this talk about him being found in a mansion near islamabad (which is less than 100 miles from the frontier, BTW) as though this is conclusive evidence that he was being harbored by the pakistani government... how many of you could live on a gated/fenced spread in the middle of northwest portland without the government knowing about it?

conclusions.... they need more info, gentlemen.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  13. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Are you implying that an un-notable person like me hiding somewhere is the same level of diffulty as the most well known and most wanted criminal in the world managing to do it? Are you implying that the US government is similar to the Pakastani government?

14. Ben Beckerich

osama could have been staying at a mansion in washingon DC up until two weeks ago. all you have to do is keep your head down.

either way- i guarantee you he's spent the vast majority of his time in the tribal NW region. the fact that he was finally capped in a "newly built" mansion outside of the tribal area is evidence for that, not against that.

15. Ben Beckerich

what makes you guys think the pakistani government are so squared away that they have any control or influence over islamic fundamentalism in their country? this goes against everything we know about pakistan for the last decade. they're clueless, powerless, and nothing more than a figurative government at best. the only reason they haven't gone to war with india is because they know it'd be their own death blow, and islamic fundamentalism would take over. rich pakis are way too in love with their western vices to want that.

16. JackFrost

JackFrost Central Oregon Active Member

Can you imagine how the dude that pulled the trigger feels right now? After bursts of fire over 40 minutes, 22 people were killed or captured. One of the dead was Osama bin Laden, done in by a double tap — boom, boom — to the left side of his face.

He feels like a God#^%! Rockstar! God Bless our troops!

17. RW-Ore

RW-Ore Oregon Well-Known Member

Nothing in government is done quickly let alone information it will take some time for the whole truth to come out and then it will have to go through the hash and rehash period. it will be a while before anyone knows the truth it is lucky for me that I'm patient

18. coastal steelheader

coastal steelheader Aberdeen Well-Known Member

I know that I'll get flamed for this one, but for once its nice to tell this sitting President that he did a great job. This mission was a risk both diplomatically and militarily and to see it succeed and most importantly Osama in the hottest corner of **** where he belongs is sweet indeed.

19. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

You wont catch any from me. Job well done on ALL accounts. God bless our troops, and God bless America!

20. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

First it was the birthers,, now what do we call the conspiracy folks,,deathers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.