JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who is saying we'll come out unscathed? I know I've not said that. I addressed the 'spearheading' comment in my OP above. I do think we need to pay close attention to what's going on in Salem, but with folks simply saying "we're screwed, it's over", it's hard to have a conversation where something else may happen. I'm not expecting we're off the hook, not even close. But maybe we'll get lucky and they won't dig as deep as we expect.

Do not forget, 2016 is an election year. And let's be very clear, they barely have the majority. And that majority managed to piss some folks off this year, and not just gun folks. They may be stupid, but they're not stupid enough to completely ignore the reality of public sentiment, especially in an election year.

So for the folks that have basically given up, there's not much to say. If there is no chance whatsoever, then I guess we're wasting our time even talking about it here. This fight is not over. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm looking at this as a long-haul fight.
From where I set, there will be payback for SB941 and anything else I can think of come election day. We have to get some of these losers voted out. Keep flooding their e-mails and written letters to your senators and reps and keep reminding them we are a bit miffed.

The cancer that is the democrat party needs to be excised from the Oregon body politic!!! The party has adopted an untenable anti-Constitutional position on guns and we can no longer afford to support even the so-called friendly democrats. They must all be swept from office.
I do agree that the republicans are not much more trustworthy!?!?!?!?!

If you will send me a private message I'll tell you what I really think!!!!

Sheldon

The cancer that is the democrat party needs to be excised from the Oregon body politic!!! The party has adopted an untenable anti-Constitutional position on guns and we can no longer afford to support even the so-called friendly democrats. They must all be swept from office.
I do agree that the republicans are not much more trustworthy!?!?!?!?!

If you will send me a private message I'll tell you what I really think!!!!

Sheldon
Your among friends Sheldon, you can tell us how you really feel...

As for me, if I recall correctly, the forefathers believed the ultimate price for treason was to be hung... I think you get the idea....

Make no mistake the pressure is building... 2016 is going to be a banner year in many ways... My prayer is that by this time next year things will be quieting down and we will clearly be headed in a much more sane direction...

If she REALLY wants to do the right thing. she needs to consider that the law in Oregon does alow carry on post-secondary school campus... but leaves it up to the admin of each campus to make the call for that campus. I saw an article the day after the shooting where the female queen reigning over that school for now made a strong declaration that she has no intention of changing UCC's status as a gun free zone. She's dug in. Well, if KatieGov wants to make a good impression, she can, legally, issue an executive order denying any campus administration the choice to declare their turn a Defenseless Victim Concentration Zone. She won't..... unless, perhaps the entire student body of UCC rise up and DEMAND their right to arms. At least that one is protected under the Constitutioin of the US, and likely Oregon as well. Some of the "rights" (temper tantrum demands) coming down from other institutioins of "higher learning" across the country are pure drivel and worse..... and they are being heard and granted. Hmmm... what would it take for a nationwide canpus carry demand crusade, complete with walkouts until that right is no longer denied?

She's not stupid, she wants to be Oregon's elected governor... And due to her aspirations, she'll play nice until elected...

<snip>

No faith in Oregonians, as a whole, having any sense whatsoever...

Kinda explains Floyd and his ilk, doesn't it???

<snip>
Government officials these days feel no responsibility for governing based on the will of the people. It's more important to listen to the officials of other states, federal officials, and/or special interest groups that support their personal agendas than to listen to their constituents.

irrc, the people in Roseburg were not calling for gun control, but quite the opposite, telling potus to stay away if that was his agenda. The people spoke up loud & clear.

RE: "No faith in Oregonians, as a whole, having any sense whatsoever..."
Are they really Oregonians, or transplanted Kalifornians?
I miss Tom McCall.

As an update to my OP, check out this link, posted on another thread by @Slobray: http://www.opb.org/news/article/salem-gun-control-conversation-ginny-burdick/

Here is the important point from the article:

Geoff Norcross: Will there be any gun bills in the next session, coming from you, or from anybody, for that matter?

Ginny Burdick: In the short session in February, probably not, because the issues we need to deal with are more complex than you can do in a 35-day session. But work has already started in preparation for the 2017 session. I've actually been approached by some of my Republican colleagues on the House side of the Oregon Legislature who want to work toward a bipartisan effort to keep guns out of the hands of people who are clearly dangerous.

Again, it looks like there could be a chance that we could be spared, primarily for political (election) reasons in the short 2016 session. This is by no means a guarantee, but maybe, just maybe, we get a reprieve to 2017.

If that's true, then we have ONE CHANCE to fix this. We need to get a pro-gun majority back in the house and senate, or at least enough to block their anti-gun legislation A majority would be nice because they could potentially reverse SB941.

But, that can only happen if every single person that gives a sh!t about their gun rights gets active and votes, PRO-GUN, in the 2016 election. Sitting back and not voting, because you think it does "no good", is not an option. This is one area where we can overcome the Dem majority in places like Portland and Eugene. We need as many reps and senators from all over the state to be pro-gun so we can block that legislation.

Talk to your neighbors, friends, family, hunting buddies, range buddies. Get the word out, and don't wait until October 2016 to do it. Plant the seed now. It may be our last chance to stop the further erosion of our rights. Voters that didn't show in the 2014 election cost us some key seats that would have stopped SB941 - seats that were lost by only dozens or hundreds of votes. Learn from that and act.

I don't buy that they are waiting until 2017 - this is just a smoke screen. We already know what a liar Ginny Burdick is and we already know her hatred for freedom loving Americans. We caused quite a ruckus last year and they are just trying to get us to drop our defenses, so they can slide it through without the fuss.

Instead of going back to sleep we need to take the offensive and do whatever we need to do to restore balance to Oregon's legislature. This is war, and if we don't win all out rights will eventually be taken away, not just the 2A. Send these creeps packing back to Bloomberg - maybe he will put them up while they look for new jobs.

Last Edited:
I don't buy that they are waiting until 2017 - this is just a smoke screen. We already what a liar Ginny Burdick is and we already know her hatred for freedom loving Americans. We caused quite a ruckus last year and they are just trying to get us to drop our defenses, so they can slide it through without the fuss.

Instead of going back to sleep we need to take the offensive and do whatever we need to do to restore balance to Oregon's legislature. This is war, and if we don't win all out rights will eventually be taken away, not just the 2A. Send these creeps packing back to Bloomberg - maybe he will put them up while they look for new jobs.

I'm not going to let my guard down, but I have to ask - why? Why would she say this in the first place? And look at the audience she's speaking to - OPB - not exactly a bastion of conservative thought.

It honestly sounds to my very hopeful mind, that she was saying this to warn the anti-gun voters that they won't be getting more in 2016. And, there is a good reason for them to possibly put it off. If they pass deep gun control in 2016, it could cost them in the election. Wait until 2017, and they can run on more gun control in the 2016 election.

Obviously we won't know until we get there, but I'll be watching them very closely.

I am looking at the defensive maintenance here that is non existent. If none of the pro-gun leaders are taking a step up to do anything they may have no opposition to speak of and will be a repeat of 2015 and 2014.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews