JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OSP can't even keep up with normal firearm purchases. 7+ days just for the BGC to go through. With the gun show this weekend, there has to be over 4,000 people waiting to get approval.

In this video from June 3, OSP answers questions from the Oregon Senate Judiciary Committee about the current BGC delays (starts at about 1:28:00). Without being asked, OSP warns at 1:47:00 that BGC on ammo would be impossible. Now, why does OSP mention that? As a warning, not to pursue this? Was OSP already asked to look into the possibility?

The article is disappointing clickbait by bearingarms.com. It makes it sound like the liberal attorneys general of all these liberal states were somehow holding back the state legislatures from enacting Cali style gun/ammo control, but now have stopped doing so.

That is not to say that Oregon and Washington liberal legislatures wouldn't love to go full Cali, but they know it's not the time quiet yet. The state attorney's general filing an amicus brief is neither here nor there.

The article is disappointing clickbait by bearingarms.com. It makes it sound like the liberal attorneys general of all these liberal states were somehow holding back the state legislatures from enacting Cali style gun/ammo control, but now have stopped doing so.

That is not to say that Oregon and Washington liberal legislatures wouldn't love to go full Cali, but they know it's not the time quiet yet. The state attorney's general filing an amicus brief is neither here nor there.

At the very least, I believe there won't be any anti-gun legislation passed in the legislature until after the November election. I could be wrong. Now some kind of initiative? Maybe. But would there be time for the backers to get signatures/etc.?

Either way, now is the time to buy ammo, not after some law is passed.

Well if that happens, I'll officially be pissed off.

I wasn't buying much this (already stupid) year, but now I guess I'll contribute to the lack of ammo available by selling it and buying all the 22lr I find.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top