JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any gun owner who doesn't vote for Knute are helping lock in the worst possible forms of gun control and bans. Knute might be persuaded and while I and most others here oppose most gun restrictions, there can be no doubt how horribly bad Kate's will be vs. Knute.
As far as I'm concerned, any gun owners who don't vote Knute are on the wrong side.

I wish i knew haha. He really didnt explain much other than the highlighted line.
Wiah this would have been done with Lars Larson, he would have at least inquired more into it.

Still, if Knute gets too side tracked into muh PERS and muh chillins school funding and with how slow stuff moves in politics he may not likely get too involved in the 2A department until it becomes a sensation.

Not saying we are safe just trying to work with what we got. Hopefully as a moderate he really will take all sides and become too over burdened by the mass needs.

The scary thing is the House/Senate of our state currently stacked against favors that will slow ball everything that isnt a #resist meme.

Knute is our only/best option in this election. It will be him or Brown - no independent, etc. He may be a RINO, but he's far more center than Kate. We know what she wants. We know what she will push for. Knute is likely to just be wishy-washy rather than actively attacking our rights. He will be getting my vote, if for no other reason than to stop KB.

^^^ This ^^^
Kate would NEVER refuse to sign an anti-gun, anti-gunOwner, or tax/spend law or scheme.
If a particularly egregious bill were to land on Knute's desk, I believe he could be swayed to veto it... I don't believe he's an idealogue like Brown.

The key is to topple the D majority in the House or Senate here in Oregon. Fail that and Knute will have an uphill battle. In fact, looking forward, has Bonamici or Blumenauer, or Merckley really done anything truely positive for Oregon?

If you don't vote for Knute you will have effectively cast your vote for Brown. Please don't throw your vote because you don't like him.

Vote Brownstain out! You heard where she's going vis-a-vis gun control. Knute didn't give the best answers either, but my guess is that he will focus on PERS and other issues first... (perhaps that's more my hope he leaves guns off the table...)

Two disturbing things with the debate:

1) the KOIN moderator kept giving Brownstain rebuttal opportunities, inserting HIS influence and favoritism (not surprised) being a member of the brainless mediots.
2) the brainwashing in the schools... every niche group wants to be a protected class. And, never mind a question along the lines of: "How do we preserve 2A...?" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Vote. And vote often! :D

Reality, last 10 years if you consider most conservatives are Republican, state wide on average only 65% voted the last 10 years.
We will not effect change until we look at the big picture. So are people becoming OK with a status-quo majority?

I find it funny to a point the no compromise voice is now dampened to a partial gun nut option.
The reason why I find allot of this funny is when I spoke with the opposition and mentioned it in this
forum, I got death threats years ago.. Now in this forum allows open discussion for and vote for a partial antigun candidate?
Not just talking with one, but actually stating its a option in an election?

I am not really sure how to make out the dynamics at times in this forum, and yea well aware about two maybe three
years ago a full overhaul took place to discourage party line discussions.

And sure I get it, the rules allows allot of varied parties here to voice the opinion, sure I get it.( its more of a don't ask, don't tell policy)
Dang , so is this growth, or troubling.......... definitely enough for research for my book as this is odd to see.

PS, I am not knocking anyones view, and yea I get the idea the best of two bads, that's not my concern.
Hmmmm interesting indeed.:rolleyes:

If the provisions on IP43 don't sound like a good deal, vote Kate out. The only way that happens
is if everybody VOTES Knute. Hold your nose, cuss, whatever gets it done. Personally having my 10-22
classified as an "Assault Weapon" and having to individually register every magazine I have that can
hold over 10 rds doesn't have much appeal--and I can overlook a LOT of RINO crap to keep that from happening.

If IP43 sounds like a good deal (and you can bet the legislature will hang an Emergency Clause on it so you
have no after the fact recourse) then you have some choices. Vote Kate. Don't vote. Write in Sam, or
Mickey Mouse or your dog. Any of these will help get Kate elected.

Seriously---Oregon has had a Democrat Trifecta since 2013, and it needs to stop if the state is to survive.
At least ONE of the Governor/House/Senate need to flip to red or the "progressive" taxes and legislation
will just keep coming. Best chance this year is to put Knute in the governor's chair. He's not what we
would like, but compared to Kate he is what we need.
The BS taxes and fees they keep raising is ,killing the common folk.and puts some over the edge to where they just can't make ends meet. But when KB was asked about it she said I know it's a Inconvenience. But compared to other states Oregon was cheap.

The key is to topple the D majority in the House or Senate here in Oregon. Fail that and Knute will have an uphill battle. In fact, looking forward, has Bonamici or Blumenauer, or Merckley really done anything truely positive for Oregon?

If you don't vote for Knute you will have effectively cast your vote for Brown. Please don't throw your vote because you don't like him.

Unfortunately recent past voting history shows plenty of registered Republicans don't bother to vote in Oregon. Maybe because people keep telling them they've already lost the state, so they've given up. We can't hope to turn the tables in Salem, in the Gov office, or in the legislature, until all voters concerned about the wrong direction that Kate and the Dems are taking this state, get off their lazy azzes and vote - it's mail-in for crying out loud! No excuses.

Vote Brownstain out! You heard where she's going vis-a-vis gun control. Knute didn't give the best answers either, but my guess is that he will focus on PERS and other issues first... (perhaps that's more my hope he leaves guns off the table...)

Two disturbing things with the debate:

1) the KOIN moderator kept giving Brownstain rebuttal opportunities, inserting HIS influence and favoritism (not surprised) being a member of the brainless mediots.
2) the brainwashing in the schools... every niche group wants to be a protected class. And, never mind a question along the lines of: "How do we preserve 2A...?" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Vote. And vote often! :D

In that case the firearms owners should be a niche group and a protected class.

Unfortunately recent past voting history shows plenty of registered Republicans don't bother to vote in Oregon. Maybe because people keep telling them they've already lost the state, so they've given up. We can't hope to turn the tables in Salem, in the Gov office, or in the legislature, until all voters concerned about the wrong direction that Kate and the Dems are taking this state, get off their lazy azzes and vote - it's mail-in for crying out loud! No excuses.

I even thought about finding a way to provide stamps, but they'd still have to fill in the slots and sign the envelop.

Just deleted a couple thoughts to stay within guidelines. Respect to Joe and the Mods.

I'm with you etrain!

The BS taxes and fees they keep raising is ,killing the common folk.and puts some over the edge to where they just can't make ends meet. But when KB was asked about it she said I know it's a Inconvenience. But compared to other states Oregon was cheap.

Most of these "inconvenient" taxes are regressive and hurt working class folks. I remember when I was a broke young man and they kept raising the tax on tobacco. Fifty cents here and there may have been a little thing to them, but it was a big deal to me. I couldn't afford to go snowboarding or go out in Portland, or do whatever other people my age were doing.

The intellectual elite have no regard for how their policies affect ordinary people.

To those who think "We are the minority, doesn't even matter if I vote, no matter how hard we try we are doomed"
I present this.

2014 Measure 88. Drivers cards for aliens. 66% NO, 34% YES, 66.14 voter turnout. I believe that it can happen again, Kate has a really low approval rating.

300px-Oregon_2014_Measure_88.svg.png

Okay lemme spell it out.

Prior to this.
1) came out stating he supports abortion (lost the faith based pro life segment of the conservative bloc)

And now this.
2) in favor of raising age to purchase assualt weapons to 21 (heres a thing, its not defined in Oregon Law yet... that tells ya anything?)

3) banning bump stocks. (Maybe following Trump,.maybe not)

4) supports the extreme risk protection law which confiscate guns. Claims to say its not just that but needs more mental health support :rolleyes:

Now.. all of these together... quite the leftist positions there

What it means.. there's no viable candidate running Centrist/R of center positions, unless ya count "less left than Kate" to be centrist :rolleyes::rolleyes::oops:

Actually, you guys got it wrong, Knute will loose this election on his position of PERS! IT's a death sentence for any one running for office in OryGun! Thing is The PERS funds are not a problem, its' the state's "borrowing" from PERS to pay for pet projects, and then failing to pay that money back that has caused the problem! PERS isn't the states money, it's the public employees retirement fund, and the STATE MUST PAY IT! Saying there is a PERS problem is admitting that you want all that money to play with to fund your little pet projects, and let others figure out where to steal money from to pay those funds back!

LET ME MAKE IT VERY VERY CLEAR, THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH P.E.R.S!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
IT'S POLITICIANS SPENDING MONEY THEY DON'T HAVE THAT'S THE PROBLEM!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

To those who think "We are the minority, doesn't even matter if I vote, no matter how hard we try we are doomed"
I present this.

2014 Measure 88. Drivers cards for aliens. 66% NO, 34% YES, 66.14 voter turnout. I believe that it can happen again, Kate has a really low approval rating.

View attachment 505198

I'm praying for that.

Never mind all the "Art" they love to buy or the upgrades to things so the city of Portland looks purty, spend money on Homeless and waste money on useless programs instead of fixing the roads, funding school security, ect...........

Typical republican logic.

I'm never going to vote Democratic. So there is no way I'll vote for Brown.

This Knute guy isn't a real republican, not voting for him.

Oh look a guy that has like 0% chance of winning. Well he isn't the other two, so I'll vote for him.

Do you have curbside trash pickup? If so, go ahead and cut ALL of your semi-auto pistols, shotguns and rifles into pieces and put them in your trash can. If your wife has a semi-auto in her purse, cut it up; if your kid shoots a 10-22 rifle cut it up. That is EXACTLY what you will be doing if you fail to vote Knute. (Be sure you cut up the action so you don't commit a crime by throwing away a functional firearm; and make sure the guns are unloaded first!)

Lars Larson debate question on guns is at 17:15 in this video:

Knute said in the Lars Larson primary debate that he opposed IP43 - the assault weapon ban initiative. Kate Brown openly says she is for an assault weapon ban; what she doesn't say is that she means making them illegal to own - she doesn't mean making you register them like in IP43 - she means total confiscation of all semi-automatic firearms as a start. With a D legislature and Supreme court, she may get it.

As said previously, Kate's numbers are weak, she is vulnerable and there is at least one ballot measure that will bring out folks more likely to vote in our favor, so I think Knute has a chance. He is WAY better than Kate.

Never mind all the "Art" they love to buy or the upgrades to things so the city of Portland looks purty, spend money on Homeless and waste money on useless programs instead of fixing the roads, funding school security, ect...........
But wait, we're talking about a state that squandered nearly 1 Trillion Dollars on a failed health insurance website and a study for a bridge never built...

Let that sink in as you put pen to paper to vote this November...

And like our democrat amigos, vote early, vote often... :eek:

When deciding on who to vote for, keep this in mind:

Kate Brown's re-election campaign gets $250,000 from gun control group

Updated Sep 24; Posted Sep 24, 2018

Gov. Kate Brown has accepted another $250,000 campaign donation from the gun control group Everytown for Gun Safety, according to state records.

The organization is funded by billionaire Michael Bloomberg, who personally cut a campaign check for $250,000 to Brown two years ago when she was running for election.

Brown received the contribution from Everytown for Gun Safety on Sept. 18.

Kate Brown's re-election campaign gets $250,000 from gun control group

22118675-mmmain.jpg

Kate Brown has received half a million dollars from Michael Bloomberg/Everytown during the past two years. Hold your nose and vote for Knute. Voting third party is a vote for Kate.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads