JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think that one of the problems we suffer from is that the other side actually has sites like "BlueOregon.com" (their petition site from the OP) and there's no "RedOregon.com" to help counteract that. To bad we don't have a RedOregon.com site that exactly mirrors the BlueOregon site, but was the exact opposite wording on every petition. ;-)

I think that one of the problems we suffer from is that the other side actually has sites like "BlueOregon.com" (their petition site from the OP) and there's no "RedOregon.com" to help counteract that. To bad we don't have a RedOregon.com site that exactly mirrors the BlueOregon site, but was the exact opposite wording on every petition. ;-)
I gave up web design a long time ago but trust me...I have been tempted.

What stopped me mostly was being a negative Nancy because the uphill battle seems so insane. I mean think about it like this...Your trying to swing votes and change minds. Almost everything liberals do now is illogical. It's like arguments with a mentally ill person.

What stopped me mostly was being a negative Nancy because the uphill battle seems so insane. I mean think about it like this...Your trying to swing votes and change minds. Almost everything liberals do now is illogical. It's like arguments with a mentally ill person.
So don't argue TO them, argue PAST them to the middle-grounders who can be swung to our side.

Remember how when the media tried to trap and squelch Reagan, he went around them, talked PAST them straight to the people?

Yeah, but that's also part of the problem... We see things that are time-consuming and likely futile, and often just decide to mind our own business and not annoy people or get all worked up, but they don't seem to be like that. They have passion and fury that drive them to take action, and as we've seen, a passionate few can drive the masses and create change, even if the masses don't want it. We're too nice, calm, and assume things will work out one way or another, and then we're surprised when things happen that we don't like. We should be [reasonably] nice and [reasonably] calm, but we shouldn't be lulled into believing that things will work out without getting involved. Frustrating, but that's what seems to be happening.

Regarding this specific issue, though some of us (maybe even many of us) call/write our representatives, I don't know if they count the pro and con calls/letters, and have any idea of how many are for or against something or not, but I'm confident that the other side (who already has much of the legislature on their side) will use the info from our web site to say "look, we started and petition, and we got [some big number] of signatures on this petition on our web site. What numbers do we have to show to counter that? Likely nothing, most of the time.

Unfortunately, the freedom respecting "live and let live" people tend to get run over by those who get all worked up and bent out of shape.o_O

Yeah, but that's also part of the problem... We see things that are time-consuming and likely futile, and often just decide to mind our own business and not annoy people or get all worked up, but they don't seem to be like that. They have passion and fury that drive them to take action, and as we've seen, a passionate few can drive the masses and create change, even if the masses don't want it.
The big difference between us and them is we try to avoid offending people, while they cream their skivvies at the chance to do it.

So the answer is to be a porcupine. "You leave me alone and I'll leave you alone and we'll get along fine... try to take a bite out of me and I'll load your face with quills so fast your head'll spin."

Great, now I'm a porcupine!!!

And here I thought all I needed was to be aware of my environment...
There are worse animals to be compared to... :p like the Dung Beetles that are the opposition.

Could be worse, could be like poor Junior, all the badass look of being a tyrannosaur with no bite to back it up. Guess that explains the little guy's survival strategy of "look cute and steal pizza"...

Last Edited:
The "boyfriend loophole" is one we should all be concerned with. Many of us currently in committed, healthy relationships are one bad argument away from the "crazy ex" situation. :(

I would like to propose a bill to close the Oregon "Poopholes". As is well known, the "Poopholes" are the mouths of most everyone that works as a legislator or Governor in Salem. When the "Poopholes" are open/operating, only bad doo doo comes out, usually the kind of nasty effluence that spews forth with a rotten stench and an unpleasant pallor. It seems this only gets worse every 2 years as no steps have been taken to close the "Poopholes". Instead, they continue to grow at the behest of Portland/Eugene area residents who seem to enjoy swimming in it's warm embrace.

Let us all work together to close the Oregon "Poopholes" before we all find ourselves neck deep in a big pile of legislative bullsh1te o_O

Those are very dangerous proposals. Meant for the abuse of our rights and mens rights.

I have no kids, at times my house is my storage container. You're telling me that if a kid breaks in, according to the law Im now responsible for what that little bubblegum does with my firearm? Because these laws are one size fits all the room for abuse is clear and Id be placed in jail, losing my place, money and potentially my business (if locked away long enough while they sift through the details in court)

Charleston loophole? So you're saying its ok to have my constitutional right pending for months on end costing me and the FFLs time and money.. Oh and all the while leos fiddle around with my records?
Blocking or delaying my constitutional right to access and obtain firearms is illegal.
The system has proven time and time again to be inefficient for some, especially with the same names as others or for petty teenage crimes that the civilian has already paid their dues for.. This too is total bullbubblegum.

Lastly, the boyfriend clause? So if a woman decided to up and report you because shes angry... no questions asked, Im now denied my civil rights and due process? Again, as we've seen time and time again this "idea" has been abused because "one size fits all" politics doesnt account for abuse of the system. Just another reason to stay single I guess.

These anti firearm bigots need to somehow contract the most aggressive form of rectal cancer.

Here's yet another example... I had signed up for Meetup.com for a couple groups involving in software development, open source software (e.g. OpenStack, etc), and other technical topics, and didn't think the site had any political slant, but today I received the following email:

Meetup.comEmail said:
Meetup has always served as an organizing platform for a wide range of political views, welcoming everyone from the Howard Deaniacs to the Tea Party. Meetup will always welcome people with different beliefs.

But after the recent executive order aimed to block people on the
basis of nationality and religion, a line was crossed. At a time when core democratic ideals feel under attack, we feel a duty to spark more civic participation.

Last week, we created 1,000+ #Resist Meetup Groups to act as local hubs for actions on behalf of democracy, equality, human rights, social justice, and sustainability. Already 50,000+ people have joined.

These #Resist Meetups are open to anyone who want to create a bright future that's rich with opportunity and freedom for all.

Meetup exists to connect people so they create opportunity and make the world they want. We hope members take these Meetups forward to be powerful together.

... and including this link:
#Resist : Meetup

Yeah, pretty clear they're not as neutral as I thought. Don't need to be a part of that site anymore... But, this shows, how the other sides get people riled up and organized, such that even a smaller number of them can make things happen (not to mention that the majority of them live in close proximity to each other [e.g. in cities], whereas many who think differently [if that's still allowed :rolleyes:] don't live so close to each other that it's easy to organize)...

Argh...

Yeah, pretty clear they're not as neutral as I thought. Don't need to be a part of that site anymore... But, this shows, how the other sides get people riled up and organized, such that even a smaller number of them can make things happen (not to mention that the majority of them live in close proximity to each other [e.g. in cities], whereas many who think differently [if that's still allowed :rolleyes:] don't live so close to each other that it's easy to organize)...

Argh...
Yeah, that doesn't surprise me at all. When I was making sites it was a while ago. Like back when flash was in it's infancy, I wrote my own html/dhtml on notepad, and go Daddy wasn't anti gun.

Who knows, maybe a few of us should try a project. I'm grateful for off and the nra fighting the left, but it's always the same. Two points of views bashing and hating each other. Each express their discuss for each other but no one has a site that lays out actual documents to show liberals how redundant gun control is. At least not a site that doesn't make a liberal feel their welcome there. I also think the gun industry should push heavy on a pro gay campaign. Stress the importance of not being a hypocrite to freedom.

History dictates I shouldnt hold my breath waiting for help from the NRA but I have a server, & I write code......

you guys write the articles, petitions, promote the site everywhere and I will handle the IT aspect

thats the best I got

History dictates I shouldnt hold my breath waiting for help from the NRA but I have a server, & I write code......

you guys write the articles, petitions, promote the site everywhere and I will handle the IT aspect

thats the best I got
That right there is a most generous offer...

There are several who contribute regularly here that are well spoken and written... I would encourage them to think about being involved to show those on the fence the truth...

'End gun violence now': Gov. Kate Brown backs new gun control measures

Supporting gun control legislation can come with a political price -- one that Prozanski knows first-hand. After backing tighter background checks for gun purchases in 2015, Prozanski faced an attempted recall, which failed to make the ballot. Williamson, who leads House Democrats, said she's not worried about a recall effort or gun lobbyists.

"The National Rifle Association has not been active, at least with our office, on this," Williamson said.

Williamson and other Democrats who have supported gun control legislation are not without their own backers.

Please consider making a donation to OFF

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR