JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some people have been watching too many movies. ;)

You're right. Due to court rulings such as Mike Stricklands and others i ought to respond the way the justice system wants me to.

I'll hand them over all my belongings including my wallet and side arm. I'd let them take my child so that they can get a good profit from human trafficking. I'd let them beat me half to death.

Once they left, and if I'm still within this physical plane, I'd call the police. Wait 30-60 mins for them to arrive. Explain to them what happened. Let them write up a police report. Go home and microwave my dinner. Wake up, try to go to work, and hopefully still be able to hold some sense of self respect for myself.

At least I won't be seen as someone targeting minorities. On a positive side, I'm upholding equality and promoting a society with reason and civility.

If I am wearing pants, there is a Ruger LC9s in my pocket (holstered) or IWB waist. If not, there is a loaded pistol, rifle or shotgun in a quick access safe only one room away. Except the kitchen, damn! Fridge safe?

Breadbox dude. I have a gun in every room, hidden where the wife and I only know. In addition to the one that is on me at all times, or within a simple arms reach. I also have panic buttons for my cellular based alarm system in every room. Real annoying 110 decibel siren activates immediately upon pressing that, and within 15 seconds of the home mode being tripped. I am a firm believer in keeping them from even gaining access to the house. Kick my door in and you are a legitimate target.

If the GSD grand dog is here, then sh*t is going to get real for an intruder real fast. She is protection trained, but will activate without command if there is a struggle.

You can never have too many hidden guns now a days.

After the kids moved on and left us with a large empty nest I found a few spots to keep a gun. Wife and I are the only ones who know where they are. They are kept in places that the "average" thief would not bother. Serve 2 purposes. If we come home and some scum has found the safe we most likely still have a couple left they did not get. Something to hold us till we can start replacing. The other being that since the safe is in one end of the house we have access to a gun at the other end of the house. Sure we will never need this but makes me rest better. If we both happen to die at the same time I'm sure the kids will smile as they run into guns going through our "stuff". :D

After the kids moved on and left us with a large empty nest I found a few spots to keep a gun. Wife and I are the only ones who know where they are. They are kept in places that the "average" thief would not bother. Serve 2 purposes. If we come home and some scum has found the safe we most likely still have a couple left they did not get. Something to hold us till we can start replacing. The other being that since the safe is in one end of the house we have access to a gun at the other end of the house. Sure we will never need this but makes me rest better. If we both happen to die at the same time I'm sure the kids will smile as they run into guns going through our "stuff". :D
You can use your little doggies for distractions as you shoot.

I giving his central vessel region (middle of the wrist) a good hard push with the thumb (try it lightly and you will soon realize why it works:D). Then toss the gun and give him a good blast of some of my martial arts training to subdue him while I call the cops and hold him there until they get there.

Know anybody that has been through Marine Corps training in the last 15 or so years ?? They can show you some pretty simple ways to incapacitate or kill someone with your bare hands. Even an old guy like me has some pretty nasty moves if I ever had to go hand to hand. You just have to be willing to get pretty brutal and messy about it.

Know anybody that has been through Marine Corps training in the last 15 or so years ?? They can show you some pretty simple ways to incapacitate or kill someone with your bare hands. Even an old guy like me has some pretty nasty moves if I ever had to go hand to hand. You just have to be willing to get pretty brutal and messy about it.
Nope. Nobody in my family on both sides have ever been in the military. That is a mix of my martial arts training and my discovery that if you press hard right there it hurts like hell. I am plenty willing to get brutal and messy. I can be pretty heartless when it comes to serious matters.

You can probably find most on line, but nothing like hands on stuff to train you well. They have to do with things like crushing the larynx, application of physical force to the neck and shoulder in opposite directions at the same time, breaking the arm joints, breaking the wrists, removal of eyeballs, compression of arteries, using the knee as a lever, etc.

Only time I don't have a sidearm on me at home is when I'm sleeping (there's two within arms reach) and when I'm in the shower (there's one within a step or two of the shower.

As I posted in another thread, I carry all the time, even when at home. It's taken the wife a long time to understand and accept that fact. The more she watches the news, the more she understands why...

You can probably find most on line, but nothing like hands on stuff to train you well. They have to do with things like crushing the larynx, application of physical force to the neck and shoulder in opposite directions at the same time, breaking the arm joints, breaking the wrists, removal of eyeballs, compression of arteries, using the knee as a lever, etc.
OK, you guys can stop talking about me, it's embarrassing.

Breadbox dude. I have a gun in every room, hidden where the wife and I only know.

We have a six year old so every firearm is locked up. I bought three of those simplex ShotLock gun vaults from Outdoor Emporium in Seattle this summer. We also have a few cans of pepper spray staged in high areas of the house. I guess I should add one to the kitchen and hall bathroom since I don't like storing firearms in areas subject to high humidity.

We have a six year old so every firearm is locked up. I bought three of those simplex ShotLock gun vaults from Outdoor Emporium in Seattle this summer. We also have a few cans of pepper spray staged in high areas of the house. I guess I should add one to the kitchen and hall bathroom since I don't like storing firearms in areas subject to high humidity.
"since I don't like storing firearms in areas subject to high humidity."
You should care about protecting yourself and your loved ones and not high humidity. Your family is more important than high humidity. Also, if you have pepper spray, it better not be those little containers, it better be Bear pepper spray, the big can, or it's not worth much in a real situation. Don't get bent out of shape. This site is here to help each other in taking care of ourselves with guns. Also when you get Bear pepper spray, I personally change them with new cans every year.
Sifu

"since I don't like storing firearms in areas subject to high humidity."
You should care about protecting yourself and your loved ones and not high humidity. Your family is more important than high humidity. Also, if you have pepper spray, it better not be those little containers, it better be Bear pepper spray, the big can, or it's not worth much in a real situation. Don't get bent out of shape. This site is here to help each other in taking care of ourselves with guns. Also when you get Bear pepper spray, I personally change them with new cans every year.
Sifu

Have you ever used the cans of bear spray?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top