JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems to me he handled it perfectly.
Well 'threw him out' left him un-detained leaving him with the possibility to reengage the homeowner. I am going to have to 'side' with those who suggest physical incapacitation of the perp and detain for police removal, or by other means.....

I don't need to know why someone I didn't invite into my house is standing there. I don't need to understand their motivations and I certainly don't need to close the distance between us so that I can get into a H2H situation.

I would have emptied a magazine into his face. Of whatever gun was handy.

End of story. :cool:

The one firearm I still own I keep on me 24/7.. So my answer is no, I would not comply. That and I have a sign stating that Great bodily harm comes to those who enter this building without permission.

If you read the story, the home owner put him in a headlock, took him to took the front door and threw him out!. Seems to me he handled it perfectly.

An incorrectly applied headlock. A properly applied headlock needs to be applied around the neck with excessive compression on the cartoid artery. When properly done, this move will quickly disable the attacker and if left on long enough will cause the subject to go into unrecoverable cardiac arrest.

Anybody remember the " Don't choke em, smoke em" thing

And ricks methods are all very effective. Semper Fi.

Ida shot his a$$. I carry at home. Ya know, friends of mine think im a crazy gun guy but they fail to understand that their home is the most likely place for something to happen. Ive tried to explain it to them but they dont get it. Some of these dudes have CHLs but put their firearm away when they get home thinking its completely safe. I dont get it......

Naw, he went short. At a MINIMUM there should have at least been a boot left up in his arse, and mabey a broken off foot too. o_O:D
Me thinks that maybe they should have had to dig a pellet gun out of his azz whole:D

Ida shot his a$$. I carry at home. Ya know, friends of mine think im a crazy gun guy but they fail to understand that their home is the most likely place for something to happen. Ive tried to explain it to them but they dont get it. Some of these dudes have CHLs but put their firearm away when they get home thinking its completely safe. I dont get it......

I too carry at home, ALWAYS!.

Exactly. A burglar broke into our shop and office at 2 pm on a Sunday afternoon 2 years ago. My wife walked in on him and he fled.

That same year this POS tweaker approached me in my rural driveway and I had to order him off my property with my hand on my holstered 9mm.

I can stop tying on this laptop and reach over and grab my 9mm and LED light and point it at my front door and windows. I put that same weapon on with my 2 mag holder every morning and take it off when I sit down for the night. I have a pistol in my bathroom cabinet. If I have loose shorts on for relaxing, I have a .380 in a pocket holster. A perp can be on your axx before you can possibly react and "find" a weapon.

I am not paranoid, I am prepared. Just because you are on your own property, in your own house does not mean jack sh*t when it comes to shi*t bags committing crimes against your person and property.

I have a dawg with detachment disorder. What ever he bites into detaches from the rest of the perp.

My wife loves razor sharp Japanese swords and is good with them, and she's quiet and fast.

I suspect any perp that gets into my house to be in need of first aid by the time I see em. Of course I carry at home just in case the perp can still walk when I finally get to em.

Yep - home carry or close to it all the time - quick story - several years ago on a weekend afternoon in the summer (typically not a 'threatening' time of day) I get a knock on my door - now without coming off as 'cheesy' I had JUST completed cleaning my replica 1851 Navy and stuck it in the front of my pants and answered the door. There were two 20 somethings standing there and an older car in my drive way - something 'clicked' and I said in a very loud and commanding voice "I want you two off my deck and ten feet out" to which they complied VERY QUICKLY. Asking what they wanted they started to give me a sales pitch about selling magazine subscriptions for a school thing or some BS. I tried to do my best impression of the 'rolling' finger tap on the grips of the Navy (from a movie) while listening to them and told them to leave now and never come back. One of them turned and said to the other "we had better go - I think he is going to kill us" - They left and I immediately called the sheriffs dept. and they sent a resident deputy out who told me the had gotten other calls about them and basically they were harmless just pulling a scam. The deputy got a good laugh out of the Navy pistol issue...

If you need any more reason or situational analysis to understand why you should be carrying every minute you are awake, POS's like this confirm why. My wife and I both carry all day and at home too. Good luck even getting to a knife in my house with a Australian Shepard and German Shepard attached to your nuts, before you meet the homeowners.

<broken link removed>

Boom !!

150524+michael+shawn+harrison+250.jpg

That means that the good ole faithful dog wasn't able too alert me first. Well if you were lucky enough to take him out I would be mad as hell and instantly bulletproof. I would attack knowing two things......defending rover's loyalty to the family and I have received eternal life! What I will receive is better than here anyway.

Only if I see red and blue lights and hear "sheriff department" before they come through the door. Under any other circumstances I will assume that my fate is to be raped, maimed, or murdered. Why else would anyone force their way into my house.

If I'm awake I'm carrying on my body. If I'm asleep I can reach it without taking my head off of the pillow. If the Orc beats feet upon encountering me I sure won't be shooting him in the back. If he orders me to the floor it will be to slide lock, followed by reload. No issues of anger, revenge, etc. - Just the overarching necessity of dealing with an existential threat by a psychotic subhuman. I absolutely refuse to allow some parasitic sack of protoplasm to decide whether my wife and I get to live.

I have a long driveway (1300'), a locked gate, a good dog, locked gates around the yard. One gun is either on the counter or on my hip. The rest are locked in the safe. I live up in the woods, with tweakers in the neighborhood. While not a fortress, some elements are in my favor.

My first option is to run. I'm always the first to enter my house when I come home with my wife and kids. My first reaction would be to run away with the kids and wife. I wouldn't engage an intruder in a situation like that, I wouldn't risk any harm coming to my family. He can have all my possessions, I'll call my insurance company the next morning.
If I have time/space...i will pull out my concealed carry and then run, still wouldn't engage unless it's a last resort and we're trapped.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top