JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

As for warning... I mean... c'mon. It's not as if this whole thing hasn't been in motion for well over a year and we've been living on borrowed time since the voters passed it. How many more warnings or chances do folks really need to get all their purchases completed?? It should have all been a done deal many many months ago. 😁

(I'm just as guilty as any. On average... it's probably 3-6weeks after the last time I "was done" before I realize there is something else I still "need".)🤣
Yep I bought everything I wanted in June 2022 as soon as they got enough signatures to be on the ballot. But guns are so ridiculously cheap now I keep trying to get one more in under the wire. A HK rifle that has been the same price for about a decade all of a sudden went on sale for 60% of its normal price. Could not resist at that price but never would have paid the normal price. CZ shadow 2 is another example at $899. Just saw on CDDN sports a hk vp9 (I think it was) and you can add another 9mm pistol for $99.99 if you want (can't remember brand, probably crapola inc.). Cz75 for $469, cz p-09 for $299 a month ago. S&W 686 6" revolver $639-$699. Just crazy prices for new guns right now.

Last Edited:
It should have all been a done deal many many months ago. 😁
That is not how it works when you are lowballing over on GunBroker. You bid low on everything and wait to see what sneaks through. It can take years to get that piece that you want at the price you want it for. I just recently started this hobby again, and I gave myself a bit more money to play with so I am hitting more regularly than I otherwise might, but I still have a bunch of stuff I am bidding on. Depending on how the OSSC decides to handle things I may just have to put my activities on pause until it all gets sorted, but who knows. I just hope my most recent victories make it on time or things could get awkward.

1707527500455.png

1707527427673.png

1707527615457.png

1707527361111.png

Aloha, Mark

Well that is super nice to know. The bidding wars will continue for me then. Hopefully the court does not randomly decide to reverse itself and screw over my plans.
I don't think they will cuz they seem to honor the process and not try to step in and throw their power around. Which is what all courts should do. So the timeline to watch now (IMO) is the appeal process.

Sounds like the pressure is off for the moment. Thx @ronin223 for finding this!
Don't get too excited - there's something off about the dates. The story at the url you posted shows a Feb '24 date, but the linked story in that article (https://www.opb.org/article/2023/02/09/oregon-gun-law-supreme-court-measure-114-block/) is from Feb '23 and references the initial injunction. The language at the original link also doesn't make sense with the current situation.

I don't think they will cuz they seem to honor the process and not try to step in and throw their power around. Which is what all courts should do. So the timeline to watch now (IMO) is the appeal process.
I think you are right, but it should be noted that "should do" and "will do" are totally separate and independent things. Just take a look at the latest gun ruling for Hawaii for an example of that.

Don't get too excited - there's something off about the dates. The story at the url you posted shows a Feb '24 date, but the linked story in that article (https://www.opb.org/article/2023/02/09/oregon-gun-law-supreme-court-measure-114-block/) is from Feb '23 and references the initial injunction. The language at the original link also doesn't make sense with the current situation.
Good catch. I wonder if kgw is blowing smoke out their a$$es or what the deal is.

1707626249524.png

The OPB link appears to simply be a previous reference article regarding 114 for readers to read more about the measure who may not be aware of the details.

The linked article itself is dated today and consistent with the states petition to implement 114 during the appeal process. IOW, "denied".

To note, the article also references St. Raschio's January order, which post dates the OPB article.

View attachment 1820359

The OPB link appears to simply be a previous reference article regarding 114 for readers to read more about the measure who may not be aware of the details.

The linked article itself is dated today and consistent with the states petition to implement 114 during the appeal process. IOW, "denied".

To note, the article also references St. Raschio's January order, which post dates the OPB article.
From the KGW article:

Though the justices acknowledged "the legal status of Measure 114 is of significant concern to many Oregonians," they declined to get involved whilst the dispute is active through the trial court.

The dispute is no longer active in the trial court, so the quote doesn't make sense…

I hope the story is accurate, but I can't find any other sources yet.

I went through the drama back in November/December '22 getting the firearms I needed. A$$ fell asleep at Sportsman's waiting for hours in line. We've all had plenty of time. Anything new should just be 'wants'

archie.png

Bad journalism? AG Rosenblum did vow to appeal. Perhaps the "trial court" is actually the Appellate Court, the stop before State Supreme Court? :s0092:
A slight misspeaking of a couple words from a reporter that is likely not well versed in legal terminology seems the more obvious conclusion than negating the entire article as hokum... if you ask me. 🤷‍♂️

Without seeing the actual statement from the court it's fairly SOP that courts may elect not to intervene at certain points "while the legal battle is still ongoing". That may have been what the reporter was trying to convey(?)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top