JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It looks like EAA has a new DS 1911. The Girsan 2311. A poor man's Prodigy? MSRP is $999. Lots of flavors available.

This has definitely piqued my interest. Looking forward to hearing some reviews soon on these.

Lots of great suggestions on this. Here's my $.02...

I have a Sig 229 & M11-A1. Both great guns. The M11-A1 carries very well in a Kramer rig (OWB).

But, I really like the CZ's. The fit to my hand is amazing. So:

P-01 for carry in a Vedder rig (OWB):

SP-01 for punching holes in paper & doing nightstand duty.

Attachments

• CZ 75 P-01 - L.JPG
    CZ 75 P-01 - L.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical - L.JPG
    CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical - L.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
If ONE is good, TWO is better! ;) Especially if facing bans or other issues making further purchases unlikely. Beaucoup mags as well, of course.
BHP, personally. They've been around a good while and many parts and magazines are around, including some 15-rounders. JMO, $$$$ where my mouth is 😜
What my esteemed colleague is trying to say, is that he expects your Beretta wheel to be complete.

I only have a Langdon square.
IMG_20221121_110201337.jpg

Last Edited:
Right out of the gate I'll admit two things, the first is I'm behind the curve about 9mm's but do have an Sig P-6 that shoots good but only holds 8 rounds. The second is I like 1911's and steel over plastic. With today's political climate I can see the writing on the wall that handguns will be nutered to a 10 round capacity. So being the rebel I am and because I can I'm looking to buy a reasonably quality high capacity (15 or more rounds), steel, hammer fired, adjustable sighted 9mm. I do have a Springfield SA-35 on order but it seems like that is not happening. My budget is around $1000+/- for a new gun. Ones I've considered are the Beretta 92's, CZ 75's and Rock Island Ultras. I'm sure there are more out there that I should look at so what say you all.
Both the Berretta and CZ75 are excellent pistols. My hand prefers the CZ's ergonomics but both shoot like butter. I also favor steel over aluminum or polymer.
If I could only have one pistol and one rifle it would be a Glock 19 and an
AR-15(5.56mm). I have no love for either of them. It's purely a choice based on numbers and statistics.
I love my CZ75 but it's a Pre-B so parts are hard to find and nobody makes magazines for them anymore. I can't imagine a day when the same would be true for Glocks and AR's.
That said, it's unlikely that I will outlive the useful life of a CZ75B and hoarding enough ammunition for the same period is not impossible.

My gut level instinct says a CZ 75 in one form or another might be just right, there are two in the classifieds here but I've yet to get a reply to either of my PM's.
I responded brother.. I answered your question to the magazine capacity, then sent a few more pm's to make sure you got and heard nothing back. Let me know if you have any more questions. Good luck on your quest!

Right out of the gate I'll admit two things, the first is I'm behind the curve about 9mm's but do have a Sig P-6 that shoots good but only holds 8 rounds. The second is I like 1911's and steel over plastic. With today's political climate I can see the writing on the wall that handguns will be nutered to a 10 round capacity. So being the rebel I am and because I can I'm looking to buy a reasonably quality high capacity (15 or more rounds), steel, hammer fired, adjustable sighted 9mm. I do have a Springfield SA-35 on order but it seems like that is not happening. My budget is around $1000+/- for a new gun. Ones I've considered are the Beretta 92's, CZ 75's and Rock Island Ultras. I'm sure there are more out there that I should look at so what say you all.
You've got more than enough solid info here... but I'm gonna throw my opinion out for 💩 and 😃.

CZ parrot... done.

Seriously though, I personally would absolutely go CZ. Pick your size, have it cajunized, and rock out with your... well you know.

I had a 92fs and I absolutely loved it (mainly for the cool factor... Yippee Ki-Yay). Unfortunately, I couldn't shoot the thing to save my life. Fortunately, I never had to try. For me the grip ergonomics just didn't work. I tried and tried, but could never shoot it well. I ended up trading it for my first CZ and I was hooked. Again, for me, great ergonomics and buttery soft. Just like the girl that got away...

Good luck and happy pewing!

I really like my Tanfoglio Witness and my baby eagle. My mags hold 16 rounds and they are both more accurate than me. I did have a Rock Island tactical 9mm I regret getting rid of. Only held 10 rounds but it fit my hand perfectly and hit everything I wanted with it.

Just my worthless opinion, I think it would be wise to buy a lot of parts too as the ptb are big on regulations these days. Pick a gun that has a lot of parts available.
That would lean into a Rock Island version in 1911 (hi-cap) frame style. I had a Beretta 92 when they first came out and wasn't happy with it, guess others are or it would be around but I don't care for double action triggers. I have a 4" std. capacity RI in 1911 and it's a real shooter.

I had a 92fs and I absolutely loved it (mainly for the cool factor... Yippee Ki-Yay). Unfortunately, I couldn't shoot the thing to save my life. Fortunately, I never had to try. For me the grip ergonomics just didn't work. I tried and tried, but could never shoot it well.
I'm not sure if you're ever considering going back to the platform, but they released a slightly different frame, 92x, and I shoot it much better than the standard frame with thin grips.

Springfield Armory all day long. Single stack or the new dbl stack Prodigy. I know Dave Williams left the SA Custom shop but the prodigy should be well vetted out prior to release. I just heard about it's release a month ago and it has been out for apparently a year or so.

The other thing is SA Warrenty. They'll make it right. You missed the boat on the Isreali FN P35s a few years ago. Hard to beat with a Garthwaite flat trigger, C&S h.ammer and sear kit and alittle stipple luv.

I'm not sure if you're ever considering going back to the platform, but they released a slightly different frame, 92x, and I shoot it much better than the standard frame with thin grips.
I would love to get another one. I have considered the 92x, but haven't had a chance to handle one yet. I appreciate your feedback on it though.

I would love to get another one. I have considered the 92x, but haven't had a chance to handle one yet. I appreciate your feedback on it though.
For some reason, I shoot the 92x better than the slim grips on the LTT Elite. I need more practice on them. I can't miss with the 92x Performance though.

For some reason, I shoot the 92x better than the slim grips on the LTT Elite. I need more practice on them. I can't miss with the 92x Performance though.
Obviously a very different animal and not what the OP is after, but I want to get my hands on an APX as well. I do love my striker fires.

I've kind of ignored Beretta since my lack of success with my FS. I need to reopen that door.

Glock 17 or 34 with a set of Dawson Precision aftermarket sights will set you up real nice and give you $300 +/- left over for ammo! Granted, not hammer fired, but nobody's perfect....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top