JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Langdon Tactical Beretta 92. Ask @Joe13, I'm a total snob. The double action and single action were on par with my 90s Python. My daily carry is a Wilson Combat CQB Compact in Turnbull blue, and all of my ARs rock Geissele triggers. The stock Beretta is junk without the trigger job. I've read that the Langdon trigger job in a bag is good, but I've only had the Langdon trigger job so I can't comment on that.

The Mecgar mags are 18 rounds standard.

@Nosferatu will agree with me.

I like the full length dust cover...
sddefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Another happy CZ owner. The trigger on my 75b SA started life as a good trigger, now has upgraded parts and been internally polished. For me this is a range toy, the trigger is too light for an adrenaline filled defensive encounter, but it is very enjoyable to shoot for accuracy at a distance and the heavy weight of an all steel gun makes for quicker follow-up shots..

I have a 75b Compact that is internally stock, SA/ DA. The D/A reach is very long for my medium sized hands and the D/A pull is very heavy (there are parts available to shorten the reach or the trigger pull). My only chance of hitting a target in double action is if it is a nearby barn. In S/A, a very nice pistol.

I have also noticed the reach is long for medium hands on the Beretta SA/DA models I have tried.

Also, I have had exceptional customer service from CZ. I had an18 month old gun that sustained damage that was clearly not covered by the warranty, but I asked their service department and my firearm was replaced with a similar model with a higher retail price. They replaced a non-optic ready version with an optic ready model to my delight.

I think you will be be happy with whichever pistol you decide to purchase..

Not too long ago I went thru the same. I wanted a double stack, full size, hammer fired, metal (not necessarily steel - just not polymer) framed 9mm handgun. Went with a Beretta 92. No regrets.

This is interesting, as I have medium palms and short fingers and find the 92 series fits me perfectly.
Yea, for me it is a reach to get my finger where I want it on the trigger in D/A with a 75b or Beretta 92, I have to adjust my natural grip to do it... I also have to adjust my grip to manipulate the manual safety on the CZ.
Maybe my hands are size small and I just don't want to admit it. :(

Langdon Tactical Beretta 92. Ask @Joe13, I'm a total snob. The double action and single action were on par with my 90s Python. My daily carry is a Wilson Combat CQB Compact in Turnbull blue, and all of my ARs rock Geissele triggers. The stock Beretta is junk without the trigger job. I've read that the Langdon trigger job in a bag is good, but I've only had the Langdon trigger job so I can't comment on that.

The Mecgar mags are 18 rounds standard.

@Nosferatu will agree with me.
:s0066:

Hello all, I am a small gun dealer, gunsmith in Idaho. I have upgraded a good many firearms through the years, (over 50 now in the business) of all of the newer handguns the Beretta 92's are one of my favorites to upgrade. The new Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0's are a nivce peice of gear as well espesially the new all metal version. The triggers are a must to improve on virtually all of the newer handguns.

Right out of the gate I'll admit two things, the first is I'm behind the curve about 9mm's but do have a Sig P-6 that shoots good but only holds 8 rounds. The second is I like 1911's and steel over plastic. With today's political climate I can see the writing on the wall that handguns will be nutered to a 10 round capacity. So being the rebel I am and because I can I'm looking to buy a reasonably quality high capacity (15 or more rounds), steel, hammer fired, adjustable sighted 9mm. I do have a Springfield SA-35 on order but it seems like that is not happening. My budget is around $1000+/- for a new gun. Ones I've considered are the Beretta 92's, CZ 75's and Rock Island Ultras. I'm sure there are more out there that I should look at so what say you all.
S&W 5906.
One of the better bargains out there.
All steel, and you can get extra magazines for the 5906 from Greg Cote LLC.
👍👍

I would go CZ 75 series myself. I have a number of different variations, and a few of their polymer framed models as well. I like them all. Will you be carrying it, or just mainly range use? Since you said adjustable sights, was thinking maybe you are leaning towards a target model. If so, at the $1K top end budget you noted, my vote would be the Shadow 2. I have one and absolutely love it. Probably the smoothest out of the box pistol and action I have, and it shoots like a lazer. I also have a couple of other CZ 75s (SP-01, SAO) that I have worked over with some parts from Cajun Gun Works which are also very good shooters.

They have been making the CZ-75 platform for many years, so it is tried and true and there are parts available.

Last Edited:
I have a P226 and absolutely love it. It's always been my favorite 9mm pistol to shoot. I've shot a few 1911s/2011s in 9mm and they are great. Honestly you can't go wrong with a CZ-75 or Berretta 92. Though I would also consider looking at some of the H&K options. The USP, VP9, and P30 are all great guns and really nice to shoot and in your budget range.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top