JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have Glocks, but have been very impressed by CZ, and if I were to cross lines it be headed in that direction. Sigs are nice, but had a bad CS experience with them that tainted their charm.

How is the CZ p09?

Some good prices on them over at gunbroker. 19 round full size pistol.

I just recently picked up a sig sp2022 for $305 but there is a brand new p09 for 450 that has me considering to gun up right quick. Lol

ormike, all these suggestions are great. HOWEVER, since you live in Creswell, take a 15 minute drive up the freeway to Northwest Arsenal and rent some/all of these suggestions. In the long run it could save you a lot of money. You will be able to feel how each shoots, how the recoil feels, etc.
Then be sure to shop around for the best price for whichever arm you choose.

Right out of the gate I'll admit two things, the first is I'm behind the curve about 9mm's but do have a Sig P-6 that shoots good but only holds 8 rounds. The second is I like 1911's and steel over plastic. With today's political climate I can see the writing on the wall that handguns will be nutered to a 10 round capacity. So being the rebel I am and because I can I'm looking to buy a reasonably quality high capacity (15 or more rounds), steel, hammer fired, adjustable sighted 9mm. I do have a Springfield SA-35 on order but it seems like that is not happening. My budget is around $1000+/- for a new gun. Ones I've considered are the Beretta 92's, CZ 75's and Rock Island Ultras. I'm sure there are more out there that I should look at so what say you all.
Have you considered a Beretta APX Centurion? One of the best shooting sidearms i have ever shot. 15 or 17 round clips. It was initially designed by Beretta to replace the M9. It passed the 50K test. I have yet to fire a 9mm that shoots as flat as the APX.The CZ 75 is great but double the price. I carried a 45 during the war and it took me a while to buy into a 9mm. I use Buffalo +P+ for self defense and i'm confident it has the bang for the capacity argument. If your wanting a longer barrel then check out the APX A1.

Ones I've considered are the Beretta 92's, CZ 75's and Rock Island Ultras.
I like the Beretta's looks over the CZ, both are an ergonomically good fit for my hands, both shoot about the same, It seems the CZ draws easier from the holster though I'd don't really practice my draw much with them as I don't CC them.
My CZ definitely has a better trigger so shoots with less effort (for me) so CZ gets the play time.
Don't know about the Rock Island.
I like all things about the 1911 though wouldn't consider it in 9mm.
Rather like putting a 302 in a muscle car. A hot little short stroke with a lot of potential, but doesn't seem kosher to me.

Sorry I picked on your 302, I've had three of them and liked them well in my truck and van and burned a lot of gas in my 62 chevy with the boss 302 but really couldn't touch the 455 or even the 426 hemi. Even just sitting there the low end, loping, rumble of vibrations from the Hemi's exhaust could excite the engine clueless layperson passing by.

(@FATAL125 , I had a Fairlane woody wagon put together for my wife, she loved it, Great car for hauling kids around, everybody she passed waved to her or gave thumbs up, but I came to wish I had gotten rid of the two speed fordamatic :confused: )

Sorry I picked on your 302, I've had three of them and liked them well in my truck and van and burned a lot of gas in my 62 chevy with the boss 302 but really couldn't touch the 455 or even the 426 hemi. Even just sitting there the low end, loping, rumble of vibrations from the Hemi's exhaust could excite the engine clueless layperson passing by.

(@FATAL125 , I had a Fairlane woody wagon put together for my wife, she loved it, Great car for hauling kids around, everybody she passed waved to her or gave thumbs up, but I came to wish I had gotten rid of the two speed fordamatic :confused: )
Hahaha... all good. No hurt feelings here. My fairlane was my first car and so I all I could afford to build was a small block. It turned into a decent little monster by the time it was all said and done. Still couldn't hold a candle to my dads fairlane with his 428...🤯.

Love the wagons too. My dad also had a '63 galaxie wagon with the "wood" paneling. That was a super fun car to cruise in.

Hahaha... all good. No hurt feelings here. My fairlane was my first car and so I all I could afford to build was a small block. It turned into a decent little monster by the time it was all said and done. Still couldn't hold a candle to my dads fairlane with his 428...🤯.

Love the wagons too. My dad also had a '63 galaxie wagon with the "wood" paneling. That was a super fun car to cruise in.
How about a late 70's Chevy caprice wagon with a 454, TH400 - also a woody. It was my friends parents car and a wonderful highway cruiser.

I should have kept track of it and turned it into a racing wagon.

Thanks for playing everybody. I ended up with an old and faithful Ruger P-89 with 2 15 round magazines and two 17 rounders. Being that guy, I stopped on the way home and ran a bunch of random ammo thru all 4 magizines with no issues. Pop cans of the world watch out I'll make happy cans of ya.

Thanks for playing everybody. I ended up with an old and faithful Ruger P-89 with 2 15 round magazines and two 17 rounders. Being that guy, I stopped on the way home and ran a bunch of random ammo thru all 4 magizines with no issues. Pop cans of the world watch out I'll make happy cans of ya.
First gun I ever bought was a p89. Solid pistol.

And I thought this bastard stepchild of a Browning Hi-Power and an S&W 59 was a relic.
That's why I didn't suggest it.

Attachments

• 19090464_2.jpg
    19090464_2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 34
Pics or it didn't happen. Lol
Where did you find that relic and what did it set you back?
No pics right now, but it looks just like every other P-89 out there. I was able to trade my Rossi 44 Mag Carbine for the pistol and the four magazines and get $150.00 cash as well. Seemed like a fair to both of us deal to me.

Those things are built like a tank. If you ever need to pound a nail in that gun'll do that too!
I touched off a round behind a squib stuck in the barrel in one of those and it jammed the slide back, but it stayed on the frame and I still have a face.

I had a P-89 years ago. I replaced the plastic grip panels with the Houge wrap around finger grove rubber ones just like this one has. I'm not sure if it's the same one (probably not) but it sure felt like I've been here before.

Ruger P89 is a good pistol. Carried (required) one as a duty weapon for a time. No issues qualifying with it either. Another one I wish I'd kept!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top