JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Right out of the gate I'll admit two things, the first is I'm behind the curve about 9mm's but do have a Sig P-6 that shoots good but only holds 8 rounds. The second is I like 1911's and steel over plastic. With today's political climate I can see the writing on the wall that handguns will be nutered to a 10 round capacity. So being the rebel I am and because I can I'm looking to buy a reasonably quality high capacity (15 or more rounds), steel, hammer fired, adjustable sighted 9mm. I do have a Springfield SA-35 on order but it seems like that is not happening. My budget is around $1000+/- for a new gun. Ones I've considered are the Beretta 92's, CZ 75's and Rock Island Ultras. I'm sure there are more out there that I should look at so what say you all.

Right out of the gate I'll admit two things, the first is I'm behind the curve about 9mm's but do have a Sig P-6 that shoots good but only holds 8 rounds. The second is I like 1911's and steel over plastic. With today's political climate I can see the writing on the wall that handguns will be nutered to a 10 round capacity. So being the rebel I am and because I can I'm looking to buy a reasonably quality high capacity (15 or more rounds), steel, hammer fired, adjustable sighted 9mm. I do have a Springfield SA-35 on order but it seems like that is not happening. My budget is around $1000+/- for a new gun. Ones I've considered are the Beretta 92's, CZ 75's and Rock Island Ultras. I'm sure there are more out there that I should look at so what say you all.
Living in OR I would pick one now and lay in the mags for it while you can. Last I heard that law down there is only on "hold" until some black robe drops the hold. LOT of nice double stack 9s to choose from but it would suck to have to buy only 10 round mags for one after you get it. If there is a place with rentals around you maybe see about renting a couple and find one you like. Then work on mags first and worry about the pistol second.

The Sig P series 226,228,229 but most do not have adjustable sights the Beretta 92 series is fine I have one and never shot it for 10 years now . I have a Cz SP-01 and for the money it is a great hi cap 9mm all metal but heavy can be had 6-700 ish depending on the model .

Just my worthless opinion, I think it would be wise to buy a lot of parts too as the ptb are big on regulations these days. Pick a gun that has a lot of parts available.

I like the full size steel frame Jericho. Also like cz75.

AE617D79-FB3F-4D24-8572-6195788F2548.png

Sar k12, k12 sport also look interesting and good price but I don't know anything about them.
5A46708E-0816-4D25-A994-FF10748DF695.png

I prefer to use .22LR to open cans of worms.

I would personally get a Sig P226 SAO, but I also shoot my M9A1 quite well. Get the Beretta and send it off to Langdon Tactical to work their magic.

The Springfield double stack 1911 is a quite attractive package as well, and has piqued my interest, but about $500 over your listed budget.

Stock up on mags and you're set for life.

I think that the best hammer fired 9mm ground-up design on the planet is going to be CZ75B based.
You can go $600-ish for a SP-01 or $2000 for a race-ready hotrod.
SP-01 with the full length dust cover would be a nice choice to get your feet wet.

The trigger tuners prefer the safety model over the de-cocker model.

I think that the best hammer fired 9mm ground-up design on the planet is going to be CZ75B based.
Ditto this.

I've only owned four 'Nines' in my life but my 75BD is the best of the four.

I 'almost' bought a 226 but it was sold before the 75BD at the time so I took the CZ, but really liked the 226 as well and have shot a few over the years.

Beretta INOX is not a bad choice either and I have shot one of them several times a friend owns.

Now if you really want to pi$$ off the governor, get a CZ SP-01 (full size, steel frame) and a CZ P-01 (compact, alloy frame) for a nice CZ stable.
They're super-sexy to look at and shoot as good as they look.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top