JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Obviously a very different animal and not what the OP is after, but I want to get my hands on an APX as well. I do love my striker fires.

I've kind of ignored Beretta since my lack of success with my FS. I need to reopen that door.
I was always turned off by the fat. Then I was looking for a factory threaded barrel add a suppressor host, then I got the m9a3, and the trigger was pretty meh. Once Langdon did their magic, I ended up with a few more. I definitely shoot newer grips better, I'm not sure why.

I was always turned off by the fat. Then I was looking for a factory threaded barrel add a suppressor host, then I got the m9a3, and the trigger was pretty meh. Once Langdon did their magic, I ended up with a few more. I definitely shoot newer grips better, I'm not sure why.
Yes, the fat... I tried different grips, hand positions, trigger finger placement... all to no avail.

Yeah, that M9A3 in FDE is a sexy beast. This convo has me all worked up... might be time to add another beretta to the family again.

Yes, the fat... I tried different grips, hand positions, trigger finger placement... all to no avail.

Yeah, that M9A3 in FDE is a sexy beast. This convo has me all worked up... might be time to add another beretta to the family again.
PXL_20221223_173519799.jpg

Looks like I'll be changing directions. Been planning on doing a SP-01 tacticalin urban gray, but I think I'm gonna lean into the M9. Gotta put hands on one first, but im very intrigued.
Make sure to get the trigger job from Langdon or the trigger job in a bag.

Glock 17 or 34 with a set of Dawson Precision aftermarket sights will set you up real nice and give you $300 +/- left over for ammo! Granted, not hammer fired, but nobody's perfect....
34 has better trigger and adjustable sights over the 17 which is nice. Shooting the g34 and Jericho steel frame side by side I like the Glock but love the Jericho. However the Jericho cannot adopt Swiss aluminum armor ha ha like the Glock can. Transforms the gun where 80 yard shots are no problem at all.

8A962CE8-4040-41EE-8E45-459ACF777B14.png

Last Edited:
34 has better trigger and adjustable sights over the 17 which is nice. Shooting the g34 and Jericho steel frame side by side I like the Glock but love the Jericho. However the Jericho cannot adopt Swiss aluminum armor ha ha like the Glock can. Transforms the gun where 80 yard shots are no problem at all.

View attachment 1415593 View attachment 1415594
The 34 comes with a 3.5 lb connector. You can drop one of those in the 17 in nuthin' flat.

Glock 17 or 34 with a set of Dawson Precision aftermarket sights will set you up real nice and give you $300 +/- left over for ammo! Granted, not hammer fired, but nobody's perfect....
Been there, done that, and have a Dawson front sight on my Gen 4 Glock 22. As far as ammo, well I own an ammo company so ammo is never an issue for me.

Another vote for CZ. I've owned and shot lots of guns and CZs are my favorite. I recommend the P01 or SP01 variants (they are updated 75s basically). They have an upswept beaver tail so the ergos are just a little bit better. P01 is compact, SP01 is full size.

Nice things about the CZ 75 variants: (like many guns) if you don't like the stock grips there are tons of aftermarket grips, if you don't like the trigger placement they make a reach reduction kit and different style triggers that change the feel, if you don't like the trigger pull it's easy to change that. Not as much aftermarket at Glock, but still a good amount.

Cz P01 if you want a compact 14+1 or cz SP01 if you want a full frame 18+1. Both similar feel to a 1911, both metal frames.

Very accurate and reliable. Both are double action so they will fire with hammer down or cocked. The rami has option of safety or decocker. The standard/tactical are decocker only.

Triggers and hammers can be changed/improved with Cajun kits.

Should also mention the P01 can take sp01 mags to extend the capacity. Not vice versa though as the P01 mags are too short for the Sp01

OP , I am getting older and lazier to the point a Glock17 feels heavy . When I pick up my P226 or High Power they feel like boat anchors . The Kahr PM9 and PM45 seem to be about as heavy a handgun as I want to tote anymore . Of course I am not doing dynamic entries or thinking I am an operator at this point . My suggestion is to continue enjoying your P6 for a daily carry piece, I own a P225 / P6 and love it for its slim profile and ease of carry .

Last Edited:
Right out of the gate I'll admit two things, the first is I'm behind the curve about 9mm's but do have a Sig P-6 that shoots good but only holds 8 rounds. The second is I like 1911's and steel over plastic. With today's political climate I can see the writing on the wall that handguns will be nutered to a 10 round capacity. So being the rebel I am and because I can I'm looking to buy a reasonably quality high capacity (15 or more rounds), steel, hammer fired, adjustable sighted 9mm. I do have a Springfield SA-35 on order but it seems like that is not happening. My budget is around $1000+/- for a new gun. Ones I've considered are the Beretta 92's, CZ 75's and Rock Island Ultras. I'm sure there are more out there that I should look at so what say you all.
Everyone has a favorite and likely will recommend it; but it may not be best for you. If it is practical for you, I would recommend finding a range that has a variety of firearms available to rent and spend the time, and money, to try the ones you are considering. Failing that, pester your friends and try as many as possible before you commit. Nothing worse than buying a gun based upon reviews and recommendations and then finding, as I did, that it doesn't 'fit'. Been there, don't do that.

OP , I am getting older and lazier to the point a Glock17 feels heavy . When I pick up my P226 or High Power they feel like boat anchors . The Kahr PM9 and PM45 seem to be about as heavy a handgun as I want to tote anymore . Of course I am not doing dynamic entries or thinking I am an operator at this point . My suggestion is to continue enjoying your P6 for a daily carry piece, I own a P225 / P6 and love it for its slim profile and ease of carry .

Everyone has a favorite and likely will recommend it; but it may not be best for you. If it is practical for you, I would recommend finding a range that has a variety of firearms available to rent and spend the time, and money, to try the ones you are considering. Failing that, pester your friends and try as many as possible before you commit. Nothing worse than buying a gun based upon reviews and recommendations and then finding, as I did, that it doesn't 'fit'. Been there, don't do that.
I'm not really looking for the "best" for me. More like serviceable and fun to shoot reasonably accurately. I've been paying the gun game for over 40 years and have a safe full of guns I'm not looking to replace. The correct number of guns is just one more and a high capacity 9mm lung blower outer seems to be missing from collection.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top