Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Open Carry

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by riverrat373, Oct 16, 2010.

1. riverrat373

riverrat373 Washington State Member

We need to write or email our state representatives in Olympia and have the "in a manner that warrants alarm" phrase clarified or worded better so that every dope that sees someone open carrying and calls the LEOs does not result in a ticket for the open carrier!:thumbup:

2. Contract_Pilot

Contract_Pilot Vancouver, Washington Active Member

Yes, they need to define that.. What may not alarm me may alarm you!

3. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

In Oregon, our strong open-carry laws allow a CHL carrier the safety of accidentally revealing their gun. If I take off my sweatshirt, say, and my shirt pulls up showing my gun, the open-carry law allows me to be carrying.

But open-carry laws really shouldn't be used to actually carry. Carrying open is a little unsafe IMO.

4. gogoDawgs

gogoDawgs Federal Way, WA Active Member

If you are in one of the banned cities, i.e. Portland, Beaverton, Salem, Tigard, Oregon City, Dallas, Independence, Bend or Newport then you are banned from OC unless you have a government permission slip.

Is it unsafe for the police, military, or me?

5. gogoDawgs

gogoDawgs Federal Way, WA Active Member

Writing them will get us little to nowhere. To get a bill through the legislature we need a few things. A legislature with a different makeup. A sympathetic legislature to sponsor the bill. Time, energy and money to lobby for the change.

I have started a poll on OCDO that is asking if you are willing to financially support a Washington State based group that would promote carry and work to change/clarify our laws. The link is here. I ask all that would like more information and education on OC and CC to join us in the conversation.

Would you financially support the establishment of a Washington State group?