JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
full-46305-410827-full_1790_332076_meme_21.jpg

so who can or can not carry? open or not? cops only? only carry is concealed, with a permit?
No one ever said someone can't open carry. But as with anything else some people are going to think it's unwise. While others think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Do what you want but don't get offended when people don't agree. I carry appendix, you know how many times I've been told it's "unsafe" or "stupid" or "I'm flagging myself." It doesn't stop me from doing what I am comfortable with. If I shoot myself in the d!ck that's on me. I take that responsibility.

That's different. As the person would have to confront you directly. But yes in my opinion I still think that's dumb. Unless you're out in the woods or on a deployment....
nothing is different, you can think as you want, i have the right to "deploy" as i see fit. appreciate your service, but, what woods, what deployment?

nothing is different, you can think as you want, i have the right to "deploy" as i see fit. appreciate your service, but, what woods, what deployment?
Exactly. Do what you want. Even if others think it's stupid.

I think you have the right to open carry. I also think it's stupid to do so. If one open carries it should at least be in a level 2 if not a level 3 retention holder and like said above your head better be on a swivel.
I agree. But does not a level 2 or 3 retention holster sort of defeat why, as civilians, we carry.

I agree. But does not a level 2 or 3 retention holster sort of defeat why, as civilians, we carry.
I'm say retention holsters are better cause it adds a barrier from someone just grabbing your pistol if open carrying. If someone trains they can draw from a level 2 possibly a 3 just as fast as a level 1.

Carry as you wish.

With that said....

Some areas and situations are better suited for one mode of carry over another , it pays to be proficient in both open and concealed carry.

Also it is helpful when carrying to invest in a good gun belt and holster set up....Yes this will cost some serious coin and time on your part...but it is worth doing so.

And as always....paying attention to your surroundings is always among the top things to do whether you are carrying or not.
Andy

where would i get these level 1,2,3, holster training as an old retired construction worker?
What kind of gun do you carry? I'll gladly post some links for you on holsters. Personally I would say go with a safariland holster. But it will really depend on what you carry. You can always do the gangster tuck and just put it in your waistband but I would advise against that. Lol.

where would i get these level 1,2,3, holster training as an old retired construction worker?

In person instruction (check with your local range, if you were closer I would offer). Then there is you tube which has videos from trainers across the world, combine that with lot draw and dry fire at home and you should be able to become proficient with any holster.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top