JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I open carry all the time. But it is when I am heading to the woods with my Glock G29 or a Ruger Bisley on my hip. If I need to stop by a grocery store for supplies, I'm not going to leave my pistol in the SUV.

Guess I am just a small-dicked insecure idiot for doing so. Seriously, some of the comments here...

3844.jpg

If you think insulting members who open carry by questioning their manhood is "discussion", then I guess what you and others have posted is appropriate. Continue with your insults and generalizations, then.

Show me where I insulted anyone...I'll wait....

And it was YOU that stepped in here and started making issues, nobody else.

I don't feel any need to compensate for anything, but I do feel the need not to be eaten by a bear or catamount. Hence, why in the woods, the hand cannons come out.
Oh trust me. I open carry in the woods as well. I'll take any compensation I can get when it comes to big 4 legged animals! I'm talking in the city. I may have a different stand point if I lived in rural Idaho, Montana, or even Oregon for that matter. But if I am in town no one needs to know I have a gun.

Oh trust me. I open carry in the woods as well. I'll take any compensation I can get when it comes to big 4 legged animals! I'm talking in the city. I may have a different stand point if I lived in rural Idaho, Montana, or even Oregon for that matter. But if I am in town no one needs to know I have a gun.

Same here. OC out in the woods? With a G20? In a chest rig? Gooooooood...............

Show me where I insulted anyone...I'll wait....

And it was YOU that stepped in here and started making issues, nobody else.

Easy...

I don't open carry because I'm not cool enough to pull it off.

Are you serious? You really think I was the first person in this thread to object to the broad brush being used to claim that all open carry was stupid and bad?

Did you not read the first couple of pages?

I was being sarcastic. That picture is not of me, but it does represent the way I like to open carry. In town I don't choose to carry this way, but I wouldn't hesitate to if I felt the need.
yes rights are dumb :confused: how many guns get yanked vs how many don't, so because of a few rights are dumb smh
nothing is different, you can think as you want, i have the right to "deploy" as i see fit. appreciate your service, but, what woods, what deployment?
Oh, look, another carry my way or you don't deserve to carry/you're stupid thread.

Fun times.

:s0093:

Easy...

Are you serious? You really think I was the first person in this thread to object to the broad brush being used to claim that all open carry was stupid and bad?

Did you not read the first couple of pages?

"I'm not cool enough to pull it off" is somehow an insult? Wow, you should go find a safe space or something and leave me alone. I didn't start anything, mention you or otherwise.

Seriously, leave me alone.

Yikes. Thin skin was an understatement..... please stay in your house. Turn off the t.v. and shut off the computer. It's a cruel harsh world out there.

I like to open carry every now and then as a political statement and to help (yes, I know you've heard this before) "normalize" gun ownership. The thing is, I only use holsters with a thumb catch or SERPA, I follow the Three Rules of Stupid, and I dress nice and act nice. I want to portray us as good guys, not scary guys. I also have this habit, as mentioned earlier, of pressing my forearm against the top of the gun anytime anyone is near it. I've even gotten out of line and gone to the back because a sketchy looking person was standing too close behind me. I sit with my back to the wall and I stay off my phone, but I don't maintain hyperawareness. You don't need to. I don't need to compensate for anything (believe me there's no problem there) and I don't get jazzed by intimidating people. So if anyone wants to hate on me or call me stupid, here I am, take your best shot. :)

I just scroll to the end of more posts these days when they get like this one. Sure is a lot of critiquing from so many that believe in more, not less, freedom. No sense in saying anything.

I like to open carry every now and then as a political statement and to help (yes, I know you've heard this before) "normalize" gun ownership. The thing is, I only use holsters with a thumb catch or SERPA, I follow the Three Rules of Stupid, and I dress nice and act nice. I want to portray us as good guys, not scary guys. I also have this habit, as mentioned earlier, of pressing my forearm against the top of the gun anytime anyone is near it. I've even gotten out of line and gone to the back because a sketchy looking person was standing too close behind me. I sit with my back to the wall and I stay off my phone, but I don't maintain hyperawareness. You don't need to. I don't need to compensate for anything (believe me there's no problem there) and I don't get jazzed by intimidating people. So if anyone wants to hate on me or call me stupid, here I am, take your best shot. :)

OK, you're stupid...

...for carrying a SERPA. :s0023:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews