JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you have the right to open carry. I also think it's stupid to do so. If one open carries it should at least be in a level 2 if not a level 3 retention holder and like said above your head better be on a swivel.

Most people have their head in the sand. My wife today was at the Dollar Tree, and a customer was making a lot of noise about getting kicked out of the store. The customer then said "hold on I'm grabbing something from my purse". That could have gone another direction. Here's hoping my wife will actually get her carry permit again.

Too many "gun owners" (said that way to include the clueless masses and hypocritical liberals with a pistol hidden in the closet) exist under the naive impression that mere ownership/possession of a firearm somehow creates a forcefield of protection around them. Likewise, displaying a gun on one's hip "for all the honest world to see" (Pancho & Lefty) does not magically:
- Bestow wisdom, safety training or tactical awareness
- Make one a badazz
- Automatically protect anyone
- Convince ambivalent/anti 2A voters to suddenly understand ANYTHING

In fact, it will all too often transform an untrained, unprepared, smugly posturing, tobacco spitting, squinting desperado into a sappish Target Numero Uno in a public place if some stranger there has slipped a cog.

Last Edited:
Yoink?
Cjh1YXu.gif

a few years ago, i was in a gun shop looking at handguns. a police officer was there talking to the owner. when i moved to his right side. his hand would move and rest ontop of his pistol. soon as i moved to his left, it was off.. and he never broke the conversation, or even looked at me, it was just automatic.

a few years ago, i was in a gun shop looking at handguns. a police officer was there talking to the owner. when i moved to his right side. his hand would move and rest ontop of his pistol. soon as i moved to his left, it was off.. and he never broke the conversation, or even looked at me, it was just automatic.
That's a breath of fresh air in what I've seen lately in the LE community that I have personally watched or interacted with. Not saying all but I see a lot of complacency out their today.

This one gets yerked..

Everyone wants to preach gun safes, safe storage, cable locks, etc. We got people out there who can't even safely retain a firearm on their person. Plain stupidity. Open carry is just dumb as a private civilian.

if i walk into any store, eatery, bank, etc. and encounter someone carrying openly, first thing i do is pay attention to this person. in my 60 plus years, they walk in and do their business, get in their rig and go about their life.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top