JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Problem solved....Start putting lanyard loops on guns again.
1614006493763.png

I'm impressed somewhere like Detroit, Michigan, even allows open carry! Potland Oregon doesn't even allow open carry, without a CCP! :s0140:

And I'm impressed there's a "Black Bottom Gun Club".

I might have to quit comparing potland to the likes of Detroit. Seems it might be WORSE in potland now!

Last Edited:
I prefer concealed carry for many of the reasons listed above. I also don't usually open carry for reasons listed above.

That being said....In my area there are lots of people open carrying everywhere I go. Doesn't really bother me too much and gun crime seems relatively non existent. No harm, no foul type of a thing IMO.

Not sure why anyone would want to draw unwanted attention to themselves.

You're not going to change any anti's mind by walking around like a cowboy and you are not going to discourage a bad guy by doing so. Bad guy has one up on you, because he knows you have a gun, and you have no idea that guy is packing.

Open carrying sure did not prevent that guy from getting his gun yanked!

Last Edited:
Not sure why anyone would want to draw unwanted attention to themselves.

You're not going to change any anti's mind by walking around like a cowboy and you are not a deterrent by doing so. Bad guy has one up on you, because he knows you have a gun, and you have no idea that guy is packing.

Open carrying sure did not prevent that guy from getting his gun yanked!
Because RIGHTS!

That's the way I went, a chest-holster (with a retention strap). I wouldn't wear it that way out in public, it's always UNDER a jacket. But that pic appears to be him wandering in the woods, so out like that seems fine. Really depends upon a whole lot more than the pic is telling.

But anyway, unless I must, a chest-holster very much like that one is how I carry most times. Way less of a hassle than IWB/OWB typical holsters. In my experience.

Am I dumb?:s0143:

I do not generally like to open carry in urban areas. Mainly because I find my hand resting on my guns grip. (trigger discipline intact though) In the woods, I feel this is acceptable. In the city, it makes folks a touch too nervous & I really do not want to come off as an old west gunfighter. (also, when I carry a gun on my hip, it is generally a big revolver anyway)

As I get older, and the diminished glutes are more noticeable every year, I think a chest/shoulder rig is the only sane choice.
Belt carry would be an invitation to go from 3 o'clock waistband to ankle holster in seconds.
I would recommend a shoulder over a chest. I own a kenai as I just can't wear it comfortably. Gets in the way more than I'd like, doesn't fit well as I still have a flat stomach and reasonable pec size but that's swapping slowly year by year. Lastly, I just don't like constantly pointing my gun at my non dominant arm while walking. Shoulder holsters just get in the way of my armpit

I was gunna say I have already came to terms with my manhood. Small as it may be. No longer do I need to over compensate.
I don't feel any need to compensate for anything, but I do feel the need not to be eaten by a bear or catamount. Hence, why in the woods, the hand cannons come out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top