JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
More wisdom from the oracle Laurie Notaro:

"I really, really, really believe strongly in gun control. I lobbied for several gun control bills that we were able to pass in Oregon. I am very proud of that. If you are not fighting a bear, you just don't need a gun. Are you cool with a classroom of first-graders being slaughtered? If you're not, then DO something because that was the tipping point. Yes, I will "cuss" anyone out who thinks that is okay. And if you don't think gun control is needed, dead children are okay with you. This is hardly the first time I've said it. It's only the first time you've paid attention. I cannot respect anyone who saw what happened that day and was cool that as a country, we would allow nothing to happen. Nothing changed. That means we are savages. So if you think that's rude, I am totally cool with that. If you don't like the fact that I called an bubblegum with a gun strutting around Safeway "stupid," I suppose that is just too bad. He was stupid. And he wanted to be a bad bubblegum. He wanted people to be afraid of him. And to me, that is simply not okay."

That is the problem with liberals, they blame the tool for evil and not the person.

but this was the first time I ever felt like bubblegum had the real possibility of going down.
Oh I am sure she has felt like 'going down' MANY times - and probably followed through on more than one occasion....

Heck I see OC once in a while in Bend and it really doesn't draw too much attention. More common in La Pine and points South.

"I really, really, really believe strongly in gun control. I lobbied for several gun control bills that we were able to pass in Oregon. I am very proud of that. If you are not fighting a bear, you just don't need a gun. Are you cool with a classroom of first-graders being slaughtered? If you're not, then DO something because that was the tipping point. Yes, I will "cuss" anyone out who thinks that is okay. And if you don't think gun control is needed, dead children are okay with you. This is hardly the first time I've said it. It's only the first time you've paid attention. I cannot respect anyone who saw what happened that day and was cool that as a country, we would allow nothing to happen. Nothing changed. That means we are savages. So if you think that's rude, I am totally cool with that. If you don't like the fact that I called an bubblegum with a gun strutting around Safeway "stupid," I suppose that is just too bad. He was stupid. And he wanted to be a bad bubblegum. He wanted people to be afraid of him. And to me, that is simply not okay."

That is the problem with liberals, they blame the tool for evil and not the person.

Straw man arguments are a dime a dozen. It's the people control in them coming out.

I can't speak for southern OR or the southern OR coast, but I would caution about any open carry in Lincoln county - lots and lots of anti-gun folks, CA retirees, etc. that won't be open to that. And based on the fact that a lot of Portland folks vacation on the coast, I would also rule out Tillamook and Clatsop counties for open carry. All that is, of course, if you would prefer to avoid any negative attention.
Clatsop County is not a problem. I listen to the Astoria PD and the Clatsop County Sheriff on the scanner all the time and have never heard a "man with a gun" call. And I saw a guy open carrying in Fred Meyer in Warrenton and nobody said a thing.

No question in my mind that she is a violent person and is projecting on the rest of us her fears of what she would do if armed. Eventually she WILL be involved in an incident.

This FB post today by Eugene Idiot Girl Laurie Notaro sums up the liberal tolerance in Oregon:

"...
This has never happened to me before.
..."

"Happened???"

This is EXACTLY what the problem is in a state infested with liberals. How is it that someone else doing something that didn't involve her in any way gets turned into something that "happened" to her? What an egocentric pantload!

Tragically, she is one of hundreds of thousands of emotional voters here in Oregon who feel the same way. We (pro-2A citizens) are a distinct minority.

Last Edited:
How is it that someone else doing something that didn't involve her in any way turned into something that "happened" to her. What an egocentric pantload!
Egocentric, narcissistic, pathological, neurological - feel free to add any more words - you hit the nail on the head! BECAUSE it DOESN'T involve them they have to involve themselves, impart it upon themselves, then HATE it because it doesn't follow their agenda then they have to find a reason why it should be banned. These types are the 'worst of the worst' and CAN be dangerous.

Last Edited:
Yea, she is an extreme example. Pretty much everyone I know is liberal to a degree, and dont care at all about open carry. You just don't hear them because they're not making a big deal about it.

Wow, she is a prime candidate for the argument that people should have to undergo a mental evaluation before buying a gun. She is so outraged that she probably would have shot the guy because he had a gun. Or at least have shot his truck since that outraged her as well. Call it PMS, Premeditated Man Slaughter.

Wow, she is a prime candidate for the argument that people should have to undergo a mental evaluation before buying a gun. She is so outraged that she probably would have shot the guy because he had a gun. Or at least have shot his truck since that outraged her as well. Call it PMS, Premeditated Man Slaughter.
Or a mental evaluation before being able exercise her right to speak freely.. that is protected by the right to keep and bear arms.
at least the little trollbot is happy pecking away at her farcebook thingy, bless her heart

This FB post today by Eugene Idiot Girl Laurie Notaro sums up the liberal tolerance in Oregon:

"While in Safeway just now, I noticed a big shot with a gun in a holster. Real gun. Walking like he was carrying a real gun. This has never happened to me before. I have been in Safeway a million times, but this was the first time I ever felt like bubblegum had the real possibility of going down. If I had a kid with me, I would have left. What I do know is that Big Shot With A Gun was threatening my safety by just having a gun. It felt enraging. I felt myself flush with anger. I watched him as he got into his big shot truck, bigger than my house, and drove away with a filthy queen-sized box spring in the back of it, not tied down. The last time I saw an unsecured box spring, it was in the middle of I-5 where it had just caused a fatal accident after flying out of the back of that truck. So if you're not smart enough to tie down a box spring because it can kill people, you sure as bubblegum should not be allowed to carry a gun into my bubbleguming Safeway. You are simply more stupid than a bag of dog bubblegum. I hate guns. And I loathe people who have them."

And then this gal will get on her bike and ride 5 miles home on a two lane road with cars parked on both sides! o_O

With no helmet, no lights, and head phones in blasting NPR

Ooo, oo..and with NO HANDS! I see that all the time.

And yesterday, guy on some trick bike, I'guess, going down hill against traffic in the bike lane standing on the rear axle pegs, knees against the seat with hands in the air!

After reading the FB post by Laurie N.....
If I could get some non emotional , fact based answers , without being verbally attacked* , I would ask:
So you made it home to have your say on Facebook...
Just how did that man threaten you and your safety by having a gun or openly carrying it?
If he was such a danger to you or others , wouldn't you have not made it safely home?
The man who was carrying did he harm anyone at the store?
How did other people react?

As for the man who was carrying , did he act or come across as you state that you felt?
"It felt enraging" "I felt myself flush with anger."
The above are your quotes about how you felt ...
Enraging and flush with anger , sounds kinda threatening ... or at least a somewhat non-rational emotional charged state of mind.
Do you suppose that someone who saw you this way , might feel threatened by you?
Maybe someone who reads your post might feel threatened by your comments.

* I know that is a big if ....
Andy

Last Edited:
Ooo, oo..and with NO HANDS! I see that all the time.

And yesterday, guy on some trick bike, I'guess, going down hill against traffic in the bike lane standing on the rear axle pegs, knees against the seat with hands in the air!

So instead of Kate brown allowing gun grabbing laws to be put in place maybe she should put more effort into creating a natural selection clause that goes like the following: "if you're riding your bicycle like you're asking for it then if you get hit don't fill our emergency rooms without paying out of pocket first and be sure to pay for the cars bumper and windshield you just bounced off". It'd be a good way to drive down premiums and reduce "state waste".

So instead of Kate brown allowing gun grabbing laws to be put in place maybe she should put more effort into creating a natural selection clause that goes like the following: "if you're riding your bicycle like you're asking for it then if you get hit don't fill our emergency rooms without paying out of pocket first and be sure to pay for the cars bumper and windshield you just bounced off". It'd be a good way to drive down premiums and reduce "state waste".

Mandatory insurance for the 2-wheelers! Yes!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top