JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Making sure Violent felons and habitual Sexual Perverts cavalierly released from Prison can not legally obtain firearms is not a bad preemptive action on a constitutional right (2A/RTKBA)

If you wanna cherry pick junk that works for your argument it's no argument at all. That's just the affirmative in a statement that makes you look right. Who's gonna say they support those kind of people having guns? Preemptive would be we suspect someone is those kind of criminals and we take away their rights, if they've been convicted that's after the fact action.

What joke? And what expense?

Did you not convey the belief if something which can be used to kill oneself is harder to abtain then it reduces the suicide rate?

Or is your complaint that a belt doesn't fit your narrative??
You're not being clever or funny, and pretty sure mods aren't gonna rule in your favor.

If you wanna cherry pick junk that works for your argument it's no argument at all. That's just the affirmative in a statement that makes you look right. Who's gonna say they support those kind of people having guns? Preemptive would be we suspect someone is those kind of criminals and we take away their rights, if they've been convicted that's after the fact action.
2A/RTKBA purists say its OK for Violent Felons (As long as they are on the street) and Illegals of all stripes (Including radical Islamist Border Jumpers & active duty Iranians) and Visa Overstayers and even Serial Pedos in treatment outside of the prison system and yes in some cases Folks under serious psychiatric care like some of the Military types in this thread .

2A/RTKBA purists say its OK for Violent Felons (As long as they are on the street) and Illegals of all stripes (Including radical Islamist Border Jumpers & active duty Iranians) and Visa Overstayers and even Serial Pedos in treatment outside of the prison system and yes in some cases Folks under serious psychiatric care like some of the Military types in this thread .

I guess. I don't tend to speak for others.

So is the point to this entire thread that we should have safe storage laws in place to protect our veterans?

I can't tell from all the other rambling BS.

4 questions and zero answers. It seems you're not comfortable leaving your safe space. It's ok. I'm not mean nor violent. They're just questions and won't hurt you, though they may challenge you. Perhaps the challenging questions are hard for you and hard feels bad and you think bad is, well, bad. It's ok. Bad is where growth can happen. Or just ignore the questions and go forward believing you're always right and anything that doesn't agree with you is adversarial and to be avoided.

All just opinions of course. Well, apart from you not engaging the questions. That's a fact

4 questions and zero answers. It seems you're not comfortable leaving your safe space. It's ok. I'm not mean nor violent. They're just questions and won't hurt you, though they may challenge you. Perhaps the challenging questions are hard for you and hard feels bad and you think bad is, well, bad. It's ok. Bad is where growth can happen. Or just ignore the questions and go forward believing you're always right and anything that doesn't agree with you is adversarial and to be avoided.

All just opinions of course. Well, apart from you not engaging the questions. That's a fact

No, but I'm not gonna try and convince you. I just think you in particularly lost credibility due to your way of arguing by using a tragic death as a joke and poor point making. Also no one owes you answers.

Last Edited:
When I see articles like this, it seems to tell me someone is wanting to exploit this message. They could never know who or how many own firearms. I bet none of us could guess how many just one member here has? Well except me, I don't have any after that tragic boat accident.o_O

1zl2mh.jpg
:)

Addressing the real issues will come closer to solving the problem. I think that making Veterans concerned about losing their rights, the rights that they took an oath to protect, will only create more anxiety within the Veteran community.

Veterans have access to many forms mental health care. There are group sessions, ptsd classes, one-on-one sessions, 1-800-hotlines, yoga classes, tai chi classes, nature outings, cognitive-behavioral therapy, meditation therapy, service animals, medications, etc. Most of these are free to the group of Veterans that we are discussing.

I personally know people that refuse to take advantage of the help offered specifically because they are concerned they might loose their gun rights and be labeled forever.

We should be spending lots of DOD money on mental health for these guys/gals and not make the whole thing frustrating and full of red tape to the point that people give up.

I personally know people that refuse to take advantage of the help offered specifically because they are concerned they might loose their gun rights and be labeled forever.

We should be spending lots of DOD money on mental health for these guys/gals and not make the whole thing frustrating and full of red tape to the point that people give up.

^this

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads