JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Around 6,000 gun owners carried handguns every day in 2019, up from 3,000 in 2015, according to a study from the American Journal of Public Health published on Nov. 16.

The number of respondents to the online survey who said they had carried a gun in the last month also nearly doubled from 9 million to 16 million in 2015."

Those first numbers cited, the four digit ones, seem surprisingly low for daily carry.

Those first numbers cited, the four digit ones, seem surprisingly low for daily carry.
Who is not going to admit to conceal carry to an anonymous polling person? Me for one. How many of us would not admit
to owning guns at all? You know the boating accident thing?
1669646773013.png

"Around 6,000 gun owners carried handguns every day in 2019, up from 3,000 in 2015, according to a study from the American Journal of Public Health published on Nov. 16.

The number of respondents to the online survey who said they had carried a gun in the last month also nearly doubled from 9 million to 16 million in 2015."

Those daily carry numbers have to be a typo... or misapplied. Maybe 'in the city of" or something? With over 4,500 cities in the U.S., some numbering in the millions of citizens... I find it difficult to believe that there is only 1.33 persons in each city EDC'ing. Let's get real. :s0140:

A lot of things going against all of the numbers being accurate. As mentioned... I'm sure there a good percentage that carry but would never openly admit to it to a stranger or "cold call" survey(?). Does that also consider all the constitutional carry folks that may not have a CHL or did they only survey folks from the state CHL registries? Half the states in the U.S. are constitutional carry now and could shift those numbers significantly if the study did not account for permitless.

It's a nice trend, but I'm also sure that number has vastly increased since 2019. Be nice if it had areadly doubled again from then, hu! :s0155:

Last Edited:

I think it is very poorly worded (not surprising); I believe it is 6000 from the sample population of the study (which they do not mention the size of). The point of the statement is that, from the sample, twice as many people carried concealed.

So whatever number across the USA carry concealed, the study indicates the number double. So if it was 1M people in 2015, it was 2M in 2019.

Notice at the end it says, the study comes amid crime spikes acrossed the country. Of course it won't add, legal gun carrying people aren't the ones causing the crime. It didn't add which cities or if your city reduced police, you might need a gun because no one is coming to save you.

.... or any mention of the number of how many times last year alone that a good guy with a concealed firearm stopped a criminal or put down an active shooters in their tracks. More lawful concealed carriers makes us all safer.

Go figure!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads