JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This easy access to lethal means increases suicide risk in an already vulnerable population.

Sigh. Because apparently having to unlock a safe and load a gun decreases suicide risk?

Since they want to create gun laws to address the higher suicide rates for veterans, what do they want to implement to address the higher homicide rates for African Americans? Since apparently it's ok to single out specific groups.

I have family that live on a large wheat farm in Kansas. I remember growing up as a kid walking into the house and there would be a long gun in the corner of every room. Miss those days!

I asked about suicide rates for storage in a safe vs not. You posted about in the home vs not.

If you have guns in your home, it is fairly obvious that a suicidal individual may use it.
No you didn't, you weren't specific and changed your comment after the fact. If you want specific stats ask for them properly. If you're vague you'll get the appropriate response. To Change it up after and say otherwise is just dishonest. No time for dishonest people in discussions. Have a good day.

Your words were simply: Do you have a source.

For my comment that guns in the home do raise suicide rates.

That's all.

Why are they committing suicide?

PTSD, depression, lack of mental health options, poor health care, loneliness, pain, suffering. These men risked their lives and often lost their peace of mind in the process protecting this country. They carry a baggage some of us can't comprehend, but should be doing our best to empathize with and help.

I simply do not care. Suicide is sad however it is a choice each individual person makes for themselves. We do not need to legislate to save people from themselves.

If they care so much, how about they cure the cause of the increased suicidality risk amongst veterans instead of attempting to put a bandaid over it in the form of legislation against their freedoms.

I.e. stop sending our kids to fight pointless wars that need not involve us. Increase the allotted budget for healthcare for veterans instead of giving away billions in foreign aid and domestic welfare programs.

Just my $0.02 as a veteran.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top