JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sigh. Because apparently having to unlock a safe and load a gun decreases suicide risk?

It does, but I don't have kids so not so worried about that.

Do you have a source?

No you didn't, you weren't specific and changed your comment after the fact. If you want specific stats ask for them properly. If you're vague you'll get the appropriate response. To Change it up after and say otherwise is just dishonest. No time for dishonest people in discussions. Have a good day.

Your words were simply: Do you have a source.

For my comment that guns in the home do raise suicide rates.

That's all.

o_O

PTSD, depression, lack of mental health options, poor health care, loneliness, pain, suffering. These men risked their lives and often lost their peace of mind in the process protecting this country. They carry a baggage some of us can't comprehend, but should be doing our best to empathize with and help.
I imagine to some extent that this has occurred to those that have been in wars for as long as there have been wars.

I imagine to some extent that this has occurred to those that have been in wars for as long as there have been wars.

Yea, I'd bet on it.

Edit: and many times before and after veteran services many of these damaged men were ignored or forgotten and the worst of them suffering ended up abusing drugs, abusing their families, killing their wife or kids, or others, or killing themselves because no one wanted to acknowledge it as a problem to be solved but as a weakness of character.

So addressing the issues that you have listed might be the best answer to solving the problem of Veteran suicide.

If I was a Veteran and there was any chance that my right to own a firearm for security and self preservation was in jeopardy, I would feel like my service weapon was being taken from me. But that is just me.

I never said anything about taking guns away from veterans so I'm not sure why you're bringing that up. I have no issue with veterans owning guns, or anyone legally. And I agree that those issues I listed should definitely be addressed. I've never advocated for taking anyone's guns away. But if a vet is experiencing the things I listed and he owns a gun it is more likely he'll kill himself, or harm others with that firearm. That's just way it is in my view. It's not guaranteed, but it raises the probability. I dont think someone experiencing PTSD and depression that's isn't being medicated is safe to own a firearm period.

There are two people and their crimes that simply can't be stopped. One is the Murderer and the second is the person who wants to comitc Suicide.

I keep a Mavberg (Maverick 88 Riot 12 with Vintage Mossberg 500 wood furniture and Police sights and heat shield ) by bedside for last 10 years and my EDC Gen 3 Glock 19 nearby at all times or on my person . (The rest of my collections and Partial Builds (Parts) are secured at all times unloaded )

Last Edited:
There are two people and their crimes that simply can't be stopped. One is the Murderer and the second is the person who wants to comitc Suicide.

No offense, but that Just isn't true. Plenty of people in law enforcement spend many years as their career pursuit working their asses off to prevent murder and they do prevent them.

There are also many friends, family, and medical workers that put in tireless hours to give support to those they care for to prevent them from suicide.

I get what you're trying to say, but you're simplifying it to the point that it doesn't make sense.

No you didn't, you weren't specific and changed your comment after the fact. If you want specific stats ask for them properly. If you're vague you'll get the appropriate response. To Change it up after and say otherwise is just dishonest. No time for dishonest people in discussions. Have a good day.

Your words were simply: Do you have a source.

For my comment that guns in the home do raise suicide rates.

That's all.

Yeah, he did ask for specific stats (about safe storage) in the context of your back and forth. You provided the vague or intentionally misinterpreted parts there.

No one should be denied self protection for something they might do, I'm very against preemptive action that takes away conditional rights.
If Prisons are too full and or Bleeding heart activist Judges let violent Criminals & Pedos out early due to overcrowding then just because they are on the street (For those specific reasons ) you are OK with them being able to DROS a Glock or an AKM ?

If Prisons are too full and or Bleeding heart activist Judges let violent Criminals & Pedos out early due to overcrowding then just because they are on the street (For those specific reasons ) you are OK with them being able to DROS a Glock or an AKM ?

Huh? Sorry not sure what the hell youre talking about exactly. And the questiOn seems bating. Have a good day!

I usually have one on me .but the rest are locked up because I have my nephew and niece and some times there freinds stop by and .I know that my nephew and niece know not to touch the guns .but I don't know about the friends .and if I do have some out I put them away when the kids show up

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top