JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most of my guns: long guns, shotgun, mags and ammo, and some pistols live in my gunsafe until it is time for a day of shooting. However, I'll always have my 2 daily carry pistols close to hand and loaded. We have no little ones running around to worry about, and the other adults here know not to mess with either of my unlocked guns. When I'm gone, they are with me. When I'm asleep, they are next to me. I suppose that makes me one of the 33% of veterans who won't lock up all of my guns. Too bad. What I don't need is some chair polishing politician or upset mommy telling me what to do with my own firearms.

I will bring ammo and some meat for the grill.

In all seriousness, I am not a veteran of any armed service or police department, and there are at least two unlocked and ready to party whenever I am home.

As long as an uninvited guest is bringing food or drinks they just became weclomed guests.

I personally know people that refuse to take advantage of the help offered specifically because they are concerned they might loose their gun rights and be labeled forever.

We should be spending lots of DOD money on mental health for these guys/gals and not make the whole thing frustrating and full of red tape to the point that people give up.

I also know some people that must circumvent the area of legality, simply to get the help they need.

MY VIEW, if you are a VFW meaning you were not doing accounting at Fort Bragg or something, but served in a combat role. You should want for nothing, you put your life on the line for me and my family and everyone else back home. Housing, Medical/Mental /Dental and Pension is what should be 100% covered, is how we should treat our military combat veterans.
And if you served but not in combat, it should be Medical/Mental /Dental place of your choosing for life.
I come from a long freaking line of Military and have seen the Gov ignore its Veterans, my Father In Law who died two years ago, served two terms in Vietnam, yet was dragged thru the ringer to get coverage, he eventually died of his exposure to AO. Not to mention all the mental toll it takes.

I don't know what gender I am, so I have PTSD, or bubblegum off, about damn time we started taking care of those who risk their lives so you can drink bubbleguming Latte at Starbucks,

Sorry it ticks me off. Rant Over !

I also know some people that must circumvent the area of legality, simply to get the help they need.

MY VIEW, if you are a VFW meaning you were not doing accounting at Fort Bragg or something, but served in a combat role. You should want for nothing, you put your life on the line for me and my family and everyone else back home. Housing, Medical/Mental /Dental and Pension is what should be 100% covered, is how we should treat our military combat veterans.
And if you served but not in combat, it should be Medical/Mental /Dental place of your choosing for life.
I come from a long freaking line of Military and have seen the Gov ignore its Veterans, my Father In Law who died two years ago, served two terms in Vietnam, yet was dragged thru the ringer to get coverage, he eventually died of his exposure to AO. Not to mention all the mental toll it takes.

I don't know what gender I am, so I have PTSD, or bubblegum off, about damn time we started taking care of those who risk their lives so you can drink bubbleguming Latte at Starbucks,

Sorry it ticks me off. Rant Over !

All vets should get treated equally. I don't care if you are in a combat roll or office, they should all get the same respect IMHO. Those of us that served in combat could not have done it if it weren't for the support roles of the others. If you are a disabled vet then you go to the front of the line.

All vets should get treated equally. I don't care if you are in a combat roll or office, they should all get the same respect IMHO. Those of us that served in combat could not have done it if it weren't for the support roles of the others. If you are a disabled vet then you go to the front of the line.

I don't disagree, but I also can't change how I feel about it, seen to many who served over there beat to hell not something I can take lightly. But I respect what you said, but again just how I feel. Plus, I'm in a mood today over this stuff this probably doesn't help. I get touchy about this stuff as well. But like you this is just my thoughts, and thinking outloud... didnt say I was right :) or wrong just how I feel about it. Be nice if they could get the treatment needed, so issues wouldnt be there. Still not sure how they can say one in three.

Last Edited:
Heads up (location dependent), in some places there are laws to keep them locked up. If you have one near your nightstand, as a minimum put an open lock next to it.

Regardless of any study...
You need to keep your guns in your home , in a safe and secure manner...
One that works for you and your situation.

How that looks and works can and will be different for different folks.
Just how I keep my guns at home , works for me...it may not work for others.

A "blanket" one size fits all solution , often is one size fits none.
Andy

Does everyone keep the keys to their death mobiles (cars, trucks) locked up in a secure fashion? Do you also for safety purposes remove the battery and possibly even disconnect the fuel supply?
I simply do not care. Suicide is sad however it is a choice each individual person makes for themselves. We do not need to legislate to save people from themselves.
^^^This guy has got the right of it.

FastStats Firearms related deaths CDC Link

[URL="https://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/motor-vehicle-safety/index.html"]Crash Deaths in the US: Where We Stand [/URL]CDC Link

Get some perspective.

Also what is the article arguing or trying to say? If you ask me this just ties into the belief that all veterans are dangerous and along with the rest of Americans need to be disarmed. That is the end game. American vets are less of a threat to our society than illegal aliens by a damn sight.

Veterans absolutely should get all the help they require. We owe it to them. The trick as I saw someone else state it is, "easing their fears of disarmament." Our country is in a real bind. We let people come into our nation unlawfully and in some instances allow them to become legal or quasi legal residents. We then afford them all sorts of rights, rights that our own legal and lawful citizenry see encroached upon steadily.

I keep a gun in the same room as I am and one safe unlocked when I am home always.

My kid isn't really a kid anymore and the regulars at the house wouldn't go in my room.

If we have guests with younger kids or having a party then the safe is locked and my gun on me.

It's like me in the evening on the couch:oops:. Gotta lay off some of this fiber:p
Reminds me of my dog Jake after he eats pepperoni sticks except there is no control - they are silent and mighty powerful. Kind of makes me envious of his abilities :)

Reminds me of my dog Jake after he eats pepperoni sticks except there is no control - they are silent and mighty powerful. Kind of makes me envious of his abilities :)

The smallest dog we ever had holds the record for room clearing by a long shot.

FYI, it's not good to laugh histaricly while your wife is trying not to vomit once you yourself have made it out of the room at that point and she is still stuck in the blast radius:D.

Keep a gun loaded and near you always or know that you won't have it when you need it - bad guys don't knock politely and then wait for you to arm yourself before breaking in;)

I guess I have to ask why anyone would answer questions like this during times like these when asked. I was in the hospital checking out some chest pain one time (Kaiser at that time) and the nurse started asking me about guns in my home. I asked her how anything like that had anything to do with why I was there, and if they aren't satisfied with that, send in a supervisor. That was the end of it. And of my association with their organization.

Dan Hogan & his wife Michelle Editor science daily news are both Liberals

No offen to OP but

I beleive nothing they print

I'm a Veteran and i don't keep loaded guns in my home unless I'm wearing it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show