JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

That's all well and good but you don't get to keep my data and promise to only look at it if you have to. It's supposed to be the other way around. If you need my data, you convince a judge that you need it first, and then you collect it.

Watched part of the hearings on AI. Looks like baby steps on regulation of AI, they will start with mandatory telling consumer's when content is robot generated. They haven't decided on mandatory telling who owns the robots.

...the PC revolution made it easy to store and replicate information, the internet made it easy to publish it, the mobile revolution made it easier than ever to access and spread, and the rise of AI has made creating misinformation a cinch. And each revolution arrived faster than the one before it.

Hi,
I wanna ask someone that has and experience owning a small utility size walie-talkie like this. We use it for lots of purpose and emergency too. Its a very good size wakie talkie and very convenient for short distance. I really like its size and purpose but the only thing is it died after 5 years. Does anyone knows anything better and about the same size. I really want something like and fits my pocket perfect and not bulky and annoying.
Thanks,

SAM_4686.JPG

Hi,
I wanna ask someone that has and experience owning a small utility size walie-talkie like this. We use it for lots of purpose and emergency too. Its a very good size wakie talkie and very convenient for short distance. I really like its size and purpose but the only thing is it died after 5 years. Does anyone knows anything better and about the same size. I really want something like and fits my pocket perfect and not bulky and annoying.
Thanks,

View attachment 1761799
I have LONG used the same brand. They "advertise" impressive range which is of course fantasy but, they do work great. We use them here on our property and they work great. Look at places like Amazon and pick which ones you want. Mine last so damn long that when one finally quits I just toss it.

I have LONG used the same brand. They "advertise" impressive range which is of course fantasy but, they do work great. We use them here on our property and they work great. Look at places like Amazon and pick which ones you want. Mine last so damn long that when one finally quits I just toss it.
For this purpose, the range can be the minimal and I'm okay with it as long as its light, small and durable. Mine blew up after 5 years I dont know why. Maybe I'll try again and I just probably got a lemon radio.
Both radio turns on, transmit and receives but its like off the frequency and cuts off easily.
Maybe I should by the same model so now I have 3.

For this purpose, the range can be the minimal and I'm okay with it as long as its light, small and durable. Mine blew up after 5 years I dont know why. Maybe I'll try again and I just probably got a lemon radio.
Both radio turns on, transmit and receives but its like off the frequency and cuts off easily.
Hell for the price these things go for if I get 5 years out of one I call it good and toss it.

Hi,
Thanks,

View attachment 1761799
I've had a bunch of similar Midland radios (GTX series) for several years and have never had an issue with them. I did have a helmet mic fail, but the radios themselves have seen weather and been dropped a few times and still run and sound great. They're about 2 inches taller than the XTracker though. For me they fit in a jacket pocket but not a jeans pocket.

Here they are:

One thing about them: That microphone connector looks like a Kenwood jack but it's not; it's proprietary.

Hell for the price these things go for if I get 5 years out of one I call it good and toss it.
Alright I'll go to Cabellas and ill get the same. Anyways I already have the updated battery. The original ones doesn't even last an hour. The ones I have last for 2 days of transmission and receiving which is great!

I've had a bunch of similar Midland radios (GTX series) for several years and have never had an issue with them. I did have a helmet mic fail, but the radios themselves have seen weather and been dropped a few times and still run and sound great. They're about 2 inches taller than the XTracker though. For me they fit in a jacket pocket but not a jeans pocket.

Here they are:

One thing about them: That microphone connector looks like a Kenwood jack but it's not; it's proprietary.
That radio is definitely way-better than my old one. I want to get the small one.
BTW: Are you guys into CB radios? Go to this threading for it might interest you.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top