JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel that many folks would not comply with what they feel to be a "Stupid Gun Law."
Such as not always complying with the mandatory background check we now have on private firearm sales.

All that being said I for one am not going on a public forum and say that I would not obey a law.
Even if I felt it was a useless law , disagreed with it etc ...

Non compliance is a great tool , but we need to work to legally overturn those laws which do no good or have no effect on crime or criminals.
Andy
Edit for pre-coffee typing.
I agree that I would not state any personal position on a website, and was looking at the issue from a broad, societal perspective. After the Trump victory, several folks I know went online in an uncontrollable rage, stating their anti-Trump position. These same people had previously indicated that their vote would not be disclosed because it was "personal". I agree with the legal avenue. Thanks for replying! Enjoy your coffee!

Im a strong proponent of getting in the mud to fight these liberal creeps....they are beating us with experience

So take a lesson here from the MORAL MAJORITY :oops:

when they pass new mags capacity laws as the bloomberg bought and paid for puppet K Brown said she will, we need to invade Portland.....rally IN FULL FORCE...not just LAWFUL OPEN CARRY

EVERYONE BRING THEIR OUTLAWED MAGAZINE IN DEFIANCE.(leave your bullets at home)..march.... stopping traffic chanting "NOT MY LAW" "we need a SAFE SPACE" request emotional healing dogs with MAGAZINES from our mayors.......
sanctuary city huh ok "keep your criminals we keep our guns and mags!"

YOUR MAYORS ARE DEFYING THE FEDERAL GOVT ...seems there is no rule of law in a sanctuary city

this should begin the second the snowflakes demonstrating now melt and go home....let them know this is the preview to the future that the 2016 revolution has ONLY JUST BEGUN ....we will not be silenced by "emergency clause laws".. anymore!

we need to create traffic havoc...they cant arrest the entire gun marching crowd defying mag bans.......
otherwise roll over and take it like we did previously and shut up about it because whining and writing emails accomplished NOTHING LAST YEAR you were told you cant vote on the gun issues because your too stupid and wouldn't understand what the democrats writing the "emergency clause" gun laws are even talking about.

In my opinion its stand up or roll over time and run with the current momentum

Im a strong proponent of getting in the mud to fight these liberal creeps....they are beating us with experience

when they pass new mags capacity laws as the bloomberg bought and paid for puppet K Brown said she will, we need to invade Portland.....rally IN FULL FORCE...not just LAWFUL OPEN CARRY

EVERYONE BRING THEIR OUTLAWED MAGAZINE IN DEFIANCE...march.... stopping traffic chanting "NOT MY LAW" "we need a SAFE SPACE" request emotional healing dogs with MAGAZINES from our mayors.......

YOUR MAYORS ARE DEFYING THE FEDERAL GOVT ...seems there is no rule of law in a sanctuary city

this should begin the second the snowflakes demonstrating now melt and go home....let them know this is the preview to the future that the 2016 revolution has ONLY JUST BEGUN ....we will not be silenced by "emergency clause laws".. anymore!

we need to create traffic havoc...they cant arrest the entire gun marching crowd defying mag bans.......
otherwise roll over and take it like we did previously and shut up about it because whining and writing emails accomplished NOTHING LAST YEAR you were told you cant vote on the gun issues because your too stupid and wouldn't understand what the democrats writing the "emergency clause" gun laws are even talking about.

Except that you know well enough what works for them would work against us. Double standards. We'd never be allowed to get away with 1/3 of the crap their protesters are allowed to get away with. And the media would have a field day with it too.

then we would have a discrimination law suit no?

Perhaps, but who would bring it? Who would pay for it? The ACLU?

I agree we need to do something different, something that gets their attention and makes them hear and respond to our concerns. I'm still trying to figure out what that is. I do believe our best path lies in the courts though - tie them up in endless lawsuits for every gun ban or restriction. Make it too expensive, too draining, to stay on course.

Problem is, we don't have a group in Oregon to do that or a big financial backer to fund it.

Honestly, if I was rich, I'd offer a $5M donation to the NRA to get their big lawyers to come to OR to go after these laws in a big way. I know you're no fan of the NRA, but they do have the right people to make it happen.

leave the guns at home and bring the illegal mags ....out number them and start screaming discrimination and corruption

or roll over
And get arrested by the hundreds. In theory this sounds good, practically, you would be handing them a huge opportunity arrest their staunchest enemies. I doubt it will be a misdemeanor to own banned mags, it will be a healthy fine and a felony..... and there go your gun rights.

A better plan would be to stop paying your taxes, and block all highways. Coordinate a week of from work and actually shut them down, sit in the capital. Or decides enough is enough and take a long hard look at the pew vs no pew switch.

Continue to fight locally but I think this battle will be won in the next few years in SCOTUS. Too many voters locally have been instilled with the irrational believe guns are evil.

Brutus Out

EVERYONE BRING THEIR OUTLAWED MAGAZINE IN DEFIANCE.(leave your bullets at home)..march.... stopping traffic chanting "NOT MY LAW" "we need a SAFE SPACE" request emotional healing dogs with MAGAZINES from our mayors.......

You got that right the right. The right thing to do is to organize and rally but from what I've seen, I'm from Washington and went down to a pro gun rally in Salem and nobody showed up!!! I was devastated by that, it showed that people do not seriously care about their gun rights they just bend over and take it in the arse and carry onwith the don't bug, me don't bother me, leave me alone attitude. That is what most gun owners have succumbed to, let someone else do that, I can't afford to have my boss or my neighbors see me at a pro gun rally. OMG OMG OMG!!!!!
They are vocal on forums but when it actually comes to showing up to do anything about it, to show solidarity to other gun owners they actually do not care!!! They are non existant!!!

I'm not sorry for this rant, it needs to SHOCK people into action!!!

You got that right the right. The right thing to do is to organize and rally but from what I've seen, I'm from Washington and went down to a pro gun rally in Salem and nobody showed up!!! I was devastated by that, it showed that people do not seriously care about their gun rights they just bend over and take it in the arse and carry onwith the don't bug, me don't bother me, leave me alone attitude. That is what most gun owners have succumbed to, let someone else do that, I can't afford to have my boss or my neighbors see me at a pro gun rally. OMG OMG OMG!!!!!
They are vocal on forums but when it actually comes to showing up to do anything about it, to show solidarity to other gun owners they actually do not care!!! They are non existant!!!

I'm not sorry for this rant, it needs to SHOCK people into action!!!

I just don't think most gun owners are the rally/protest type. They're more the get up, go to work, earn money to care for their family types. Makes rallies and protests a bit harder to do o_O

I just don't think most gun owners are the rally/protest type. They're more the get up, go to work, earn money to care for their family types. Makes rallies and protests a bit harder to do o_O

Well then by their logic, if they don't get off the couch and do something positive (like vote) then they are helping the left RESTRICT OUR 2A RIGHTS!!!
Not sorry for this rant.

Well then by their logic, if they don't get off the couch and do something positive (like vote) then they are helping the left RESTRICT OUR 2A RIGHTS!!!
Not sorry for this rant.

Oh, I do agree. There are still many that do both, though I think our biggest problem is getting supposedly pro-gun people to vote for pro-gun candidates, that, and actually bothering to vote. I just don't know how much good rallies and protests do for our side. I was at one for SB 941 in Salem myself, in the cold and the rain, disappointing turnout, and I remember watching Dems up in the window of the capital just looking down on us and laughing.

Absolutely agree with this, we're that small part of America that actually makes the machine run.

Unfortunately, most gun owners work for a living, making it difficult to show up in Salem when the underhanded legislature doesn't publicize their hearings until a few hours before...

Unless of course you are anti-gun, then Floyd and his band of Bozo's will ensure you have a sufficient heads up and Soros/Bloomberg will be sure to fly folks in to testify...

Oh, I do agree. There are still many that do both, though I think our biggest problem is getting supposedly pro-gun people to vote for pro-gun candidates, that, and actually bothering to vote. I just don't know how much good rallies and protests do for our side. I was at one for SB 941 in Salem myself, in the cold and the rain, disappointing turnout, and I remember watching Dems up in the window of the capital just looking down on us and laughing.

I
Absolutely agree with this, we're that small part of America that actually makes the machine run.

Unfortunately, most gun owners work for a living, making it difficult to show up in Salem when the underhanded legislature doesn't publicize their hearings until a few hours before...

Unless of course you are anti-gun, then Floyd and his band of Bozo's will ensure you have a sufficient heads up and Soros/Bloomberg will be sure to fly folks in to testify...

And many of them do not vote, hearin lies the problem.o_O

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads