JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If this is the same Tyler Rogoway as I think it is, he's part of the sued-into-oblivion Gawker mess--pushes a hotdog cart by day and prattles endlessly about defense and other policy areas he knows less than an average Bowl Blaster about by night.

The Avett Brothers band postponed its sold-out show at the McMenamins Edgefield in Troutdale on Saturday night after a man showed up at the concert with a gun, then disappeared into the crowd.

A little over melodramatic. Many people just scan the first paragraph or two of articles and this totally gives the wrong impression.

Next time they have a concert everyone CC there, it will sound like and air-raid with all those buzzers and liberals heads will explode on the spot from so much fear ROFL. ( WAS THAT OVERLY SARCASTIC ?)

"Security Theater" gives people the illusion of security, which can be harmful when there is a real threat.
Yep, like all the hoops at airports.. yet they fail miserably when actually scrutinized, often having hired people that are beyond the security lines that are on watch lists etc. etc.

There's a Safeway store directly above McMenamins and there are a couple of trails that drop down into the chip & putt golf course behind the Power Station. When my daughter was 15 she wanted to go to a sold out pop band concert, so I took her and her best friend to listen to the music for free while sitting on the lawn right above the concert field.

Last Edited:
There's a Safeway store directly above McMenamins and they're a couple of trails that drop down into the chip & putt golf course behind the Power Station. When my daughter was 15 she wanted to go to a sold out pop band concert, so I took her and her best friend to listen to the music for free while sitting on the lawn right above the concert field.
"Golf bags" are good for totin the long uns.

I grew up not to far from Wood Village (Glendoveer Golf Course) and use to ride my dirt bike along side the I-84 railroad tracks to Blue Lake Park on the weekends to try and score free beer and hot chicks at large company picnics being held there.
My friends and I broke a lot of windows at the old Troutdale poor farm where McMenamins is now at.

I grew up not to far from Wood Village (Glendoveer Golf Course) and use to ride my dirt bike along side the I-84 railroad tracks to Blue Lake Park on the weekends to try and score free beer and hot chicks at large company picnics being held there.
My friends and I broke a lot of windows at the old Troutdale poor farm where McMenamins is now at.
You sound like a trouble maker. Oh wait...I rode my CR125 along those tracks too, anything else is past is past :D

It was more fun to ride down between the tracks. Terrible bumpy until you got over 25 mph.
The freight trains really haul azz down that stretch, so you needed to look over your shoulder a lot.

You sound like a trouble maker. Oh wait...I rode my CR125 along those tracks too, anything else is past is past :D

What happened when I was a teenager stays in those teenager years. Suffice to say I did things worse than breaking a few windows, and that if I had been caught I would probably have a juvie record.

More security theater added to the Pendleton Whisky Fest this year:

The venue will be secure, and we thank you for respecting the safety measures in place. There will be Magna-scanners at all entry and exit points. We ask that you pack lightly and avoid wearing any metal for quick entry through the scanners. Express lanes available for patrons with no bags. Arrive early and please be patient through our security checkpoints.

Prohibited Items:
1. Bags larger than 14" x 14" x 6"
2. Outside food, drinks, water bottles, or containers of any kind are not allowed into the venue.
4. Backpacks
3. Car seats or strollers
4. Firearms / knives / weapons of any kind - (even if you have concealed weapons permit)

security theater.jpg

A few years back, I heard a story that a man called the Canadian side of a Washington/B.C. border crossing and stated that he was headed there with his gun. The story goes on to say that all of the Canadian border personnel abandoned the crossing until it was deemed to be safe to return.
It's a funny, yet ironic story, if it is true...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top