JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can't afford a Drag huh? :)
And let that Cohiba go for Christ's sake. Cigar abuse.
Ha ha no need, good company in Switzerland will ship Cubans to your door and I have other Cubans in humidor. They need lots of humidor time though due to long shipping and Cuba ships cigars way too soon to retailers due to their economy. Non Cubans often sit for a year or more in controlled environment before going to retailers. I actually like Partagas Cubans better than cohiba. But many non Cubans are way better imo. Kristoff Fe has some that have same taste just like Cuban but much stronger and more flavorful.

Guys that like Cubans having tried all kinds of cigars is great Imo. It's the ones that "like" them because they have had only one (or even none) and everyone tells them it's the thing to get that I don't understand. Around 90% of the cubans people have in the us buying in Mexico etc are not real cubans anyway. Top tip: if you see a Cuban in cellophane it's not a Cuban... Basically it comes down to buying from a state of ignorance and because of the hype, vs coming from a lot of experience and choosing based on that. Seems to me some guns are the same way (some hks for example).

But in terms of investment it makes no difference if it is actually better or if others perceive it as better. Perception is the only thing that matters in terms of price on the market, as you said, supply vs demand. As I write this I'm smoking a man o war, which is an aj Fernandez blend from Nicaragua. Great cigars and great value at about $2.30 ish if you know where to look.

Last Edited:
Ha ha no need, good company in Switzerland will ship Cubans to your door and I have other Cubans in humidor. They need lots of humidor time though due to long shipping and Cuba ships cigars way too soon to retailers due to their economy. Non Cubans often sit for a year or more in controlled environment before going to retailers. I actually like Partagas Cubans better than cohiba. But many non Cubans are way better imo. Kristoff Fe has some that have same taste just like Cuban but much stronger and more flavorful.

Guys that like Cubans having tried all kinds of cigars is great Imo. It's the ones that "like" them because they have had only one (or even none) and everyone tells them it's the thing to get that I don't understand. Around 90% of the cubans people have in the us buying in Mexico etc are not real cubans anyway. Top tip: if you see a Cuban in cellophane it's not a Cuban... Basically it comes down to buying from a state of ignorance and because of the hype, vs coming from a lot of experience and choosing based on that. Seems to me some guns are the same way (some hks for example).

But in terms of investment it makes no difference if it is actually better or if others perceive it as better. Perception is the only thing that matters in terms of price on the market, as you said, supply vs demand. As I write this I'm smoking a man o war, which is an aj Fernandez blend from Nicaragua. Great cigars and great value at about $2.30 ish if you know where to look.
So the cases of Backwoods smokes I collected Arnt worth what the guy said.......damn it.

Many years ago, I picked up a mint HK-91 for a song compared to what to what they're going for now.
I never could figure out what all made it so special to command the going rates I see lately.

Many years ago, I picked up a mint HK-91 for a song compared to what to what they're going for now.
I never could figure out what all made it so special to command the going rates I see lately.
With a 91 theres clones all over and kit rebuilds. Its a brutish battle rifle. With HK's you get a crappy trigger, terrible recoil and the joy of saying yours is original German.

SVD's are different. Russia, China, Poland, Finland, Iran , Israel and Hungary with all but the Russian being reverse engineered and only three of those countries barred from US import. Thats it. No parts kits builds. They are legitimately rare in this country, reasonably accurate and dont have much competition in type .

Almost pulled the trigger; those poo-pooing the price don't understand the SVD market.
Theres some things in life that are free. Machine guns, gold, 1969 Boss 429 Mustangs and Dragunoffs. You buy them, have fun with them as long as you feel like it and sell them for at least what you paid for them if not more.

Must be like certain cigars. I've had every Cuban brand pretty much and many hundreds of different non-Cubans and I don't have a clue why someone would pay $50 for a Cuban when you can get a cigar maybe 5 times better for 1/10 the price.

Makes no sense to my way of thinking. But "you can't buy them" and "everybody says they are the best" is what the unexperienced folk "know". I still have a Cuban cohiba from 1999 and there is no reason to smoke it when I have tons of less expensive cigars that are so much better.

I understand for investment purposes sure. But as value for the gun I don't see it at all, seems like people just waiting to line up for something because it's unavailable and somebody told them it was good. Makes zero sense to my way of thinking (unless you are a dealer or whatever and looking just at investment).

I had my wallet out but they sold out before I could log in. Probably a good thing as I need pole barn money!
More is coming

Must be like certain cigars. I've had every Cuban brand pretty much and many hundreds of different non-Cubans and I don't have a clue why someone would pay $50 for a Cuban when you can get a cigar maybe 5 times better for 1/10 the price.

Makes no sense to my way of thinking. But "you can't buy them" and "everybody says they are the best" is what the unexperienced folk "know". I still have a Cuban cohiba from 1999 and there is no reason to smoke it when I have tons of less expensive cigars that are so much better.

I understand for investment purposes sure. But as value for the gun I don't see it at all, seems like people just waiting to line up for something because it's unavailable and somebody told them it was good. Makes zero sense to my way of thinking (unless you are a dealer or whatever and looking just at investment).

I had my wallet out but they sold out before I could log in. Probably a good thing as I need pole barn money!
More is coming

If there ends up being any extra room in any of those shipping crates for a pistol with an extended slide you know were to find me ;)
It will happen but it will not be in your dream calibers of 7.65 French Long or .30 Pedersen, Vinnie.

Here's mine in 30.06
It's listed for sale.

20220604_093858.jpg 20191124_055934.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR