JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread got way off topic. You have a much higher chance of being robbed in a bubblegumty neighborhood versus being in an active shooter incident. I classify both incidents in different categories. The odds of being caught up in an active shooter are probably lower than winning the lottery. In most cases poverty or drug addiction is driving the crime. I'm around and in around some of the most dangerous parts of Portland and I can tell you with a straight face that the metro area is quite safe. The national average versus living in Portland are completely different statistics. Unless you're in a gang and warring with another gang, you're at extremely low risk of having to use a firearm to personally defend yourself from a life threatening assailant.

This thread got way off topic. You have a much higher chance of being robbed in a bubblegumty neighborhood versus being in an active shooter incident. I classify both incidents in different categories. The odds of being caught up in an active shooter are probably lower than winning the lottery. In most cases poverty or drug addiction is driving the crime. I'm around and in around some of the most dangerous parts of Portland and I can tell you with a straight face that the metro area is quite safe. The national average versus living in Portland are completely different statistics. Unless you're in a gang and warring with another gang, you're at extremely low risk of having to use a firearm to personally defend yourself from a life threatening assailant.

well Oregon is home to at least 4 high profile mass shootings, 3 in recent years and 2 of them in the Portland area.... its true the odds are still low but they are on the rise I was just curious how the odds compared to the increase of CHLs trend.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top