JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey fellas,
Had my oregon chl for over 10 years now, each time I submit a bgc I get pushed in front of the line on the current nics que.
Today, first time in as many years I got thrown in line behind the other 3600 peasants. Ffl dealer said they'd call me when it goes through, said it'll be about 3 weeks. Another baffling part is that I have NFA weapons.
Just wondering how often this happens with my fellow NWF peers. I'm not in court for anything and haven't knowingly committed any crimes against the majesty. Just chapps my as$. Knowmsaying.
Brian

Hey fellas,
Had my oregon chl for over 10 years now, each time I submit a bgc I get pushed in front of the line on the current nics que.
Today, first time in as many years I got thrown in line behind the other 3600 peasants. Ffl dealer said they'd call me when it goes through, said it'll be about 3 weeks. Another baffling part is that I have NFA weapons.
Just wondering how often this happens with my fellow NWF peers. I'm not in court for anything and haven't knowingly committed any crimes against the majesty. Just chapps my as$. Knowmsaying.
Brian
Did the ffl enter your CHL #?

There is a NICS waitlist thread that can probably give u more answers.

It's happened to me once, and I think it was the fault of the Pawnshop FFL for not including mention of CHL when I specifically ask them to. I don't do business with that FFL anymore since they scratched my new Winchester and denied it. Over 30 other transactions in OR all front of line. My preferred OR FFL is Sunset Firearms. Super nice owner, very good fees.

I just hand over my CHL and forgo the ODL. I was picking up my stamp, and OSP put me on delay. FFL ran me again and it went though. Apparently the OSP system was down that day and they were probably just hitting delay and moving on. Second time cleared after another 30 minute wait.

Hey fellas,
Brian
Never happened to me and I hope that does not change! I purchased two firearms this year alone and was approved before the clerk finished filling out the paperwork.

I am leaning toward what someone else said. The FFL may have entered your Driver's license instead of your CPL.

Pretty sure they know you have a CHL just from using your DL. Ive been bumped first in line for years and never once have I ever handed anyone my CHL. I always use my DL.
Every UBC I have done has taken less time than it actually did to fill out the 4473 (always using my DL, not CHL), and yes I have made two separate pistol purchases during all of this "COVID" BS.

"Knock on wood"….

@BrianHillsboro It happened to me only once for a transfer in Benton County, where I went to the back of the line. I wonder if it has to do with the County, because my CHL is for Marion County.

I've also been told this has to do with last name. The more common your last name, the longer the wait. Probably a common last name has greater odds of someone with the same name having a long rap sheet.

It could also be a combination of factors.

Happened to me once about a year ago. Was told that I was 3,500
on the list, even with the CHL. IIRC it took 5 days to clear. Worst
before that was a 22 pistol I just HAD to have at the Albany show on a
Sunday. 2+ hrs. Normal is MAYBE 10 minutes.

Every UBC I have done has taken less time than it actually did to fill out the 4473 (always using my DL, not CHL), and yes I have made two separate pistol purchases during all of this "COVID" BS.

"Knock on wood"….
Well, you're "Stomper"! I don't know of anyone who messes with Stomper?

Totally an FFL F**kup.

I did a transfer (as seller) at Tigard Pawn yesterday, buyer had CHL, got bumped to the front and approved quickly.

I did a transfer (as buyer) at Tigard Pawn on Friday. My CHL bumped me to the front of the line - like normal.

Could just be a random bug. I've purchased likely 50 firearms over the years from one specific FFL and only once was I put "in line." Remember, it IS a government website.

It's happened to me once, and I think it was the fault of the Pawnshop FFL for not including mention of CHL when I specifically ask them to. I don't do business with that FFL anymore since they scratched my new Winchester and denied it. Over 30 other transactions in OR all front of line. My preferred OR FFL is Sunset Firearms. Super nice owner, very good fees.
If you have a CHL it will be in your background when they check it. Using the card itself does not grant you an instant approval. I'm willing to bet they made a clerical error and that's what caused you get out into back of line.

Never happened to me. But it does happen from time to time. I always use my CHL when providing ID. I also have NFA items. Have had LE creds, and Security Clearances in the past. Not sure if any of it matters though…

Haha.

It happens to me now. I recently renewed though and some FFLs state that's usually the reason. It sucked the first time, took two weeks. I was mad as I had everything lined up to shoot the new gun that weekend after buying it. Two weeks later I get it and then it had to sit for a bit till I could get it out.

In all seriousness, I'm fairly certain this is some back door waiting period imposed on us by Oregon's political figures. Don't need to pass a law or even try to get a law passed when you can just state that their are labor shortages and other various excuses to drag out the process a few days to a week.

I've had the same experiences as most of you, I've done more ffl transfers than I can remember in the last 10 years, at least 30 at this particular place.
This is the first time I've had to wait over 15 minutes. If it doesn't clear in the next few days I'll probably contact the ffl to ask them if anything on the 4473 was incorrectly input.
Thanks for all your testimonials, fellas! Glad it was local to me and not clear over on the other side of Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top