JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's getting time to renew my Oregon non-resident CHL, have a couple questions since it's been 4 years and 1 pandemic (1.3 if we include monkeypox) since I last renewed.

I'm a WA resident and have a CHL issued by the Columbia County Sheriff. They have changed their application process so it's now done online through a third-party service, does anyone know if a renewal applicant still needs to show up at the sheriff's office in St Helens to complete the deal? I'm not lazy but gas isn't cheap, it'd be nice not to have to drive there, which leads to me second question.

Any recent experience with Multnomah County CHL non-resident permits these days? I can transfer the CHL but don't want to do that if it's messy or impossible.

Thanks.

It's getting time to renew my Oregon non-resident CHL, have a couple questions since it's been 4 years and 1 pandemic (1.3 if we include monkeypox) since I last renewed.

I'm a WA resident and have a CHL issued by the Columbia County Sheriff. They have changed their application process so it's now done online through a third-party service, does anyone know if a renewal applicant still needs to show up at the sheriff's office in St Helens to complete the deal? I'm not lazy but gas isn't cheap, it'd be nice not to have to drive there, which leads to me second question.

Any recent experience with Multnomah County CHL non-resident permits these days? I can transfer the CHL but don't want to do that if it's messy or impossible.

Thanks.
I do not believe you have to go in person if you renew. Could always give them a call, 5033664611.

I called Columbia County sheriff's office, they require applicants to show up in person for a photograph.

I'll most likely transfer to Multnomah, have to show up for fingerprints the first time even for a transfer, still better than two hours driving.

Thanks for the help.

WA resident, renewed in Multnomah County. Submitted my renewal online July 14th and received an approval confirmation on July 29th. Got it in the mail August 4th.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top