JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OP is correct...I met at the Portland gun show late in 08....became a member in 09....never looked back. That was umpteen thousand years ago when i was young.....just sayn....

Never met a better group of people

OP is correct...I met at the Portland gun show late in 08....became a member in 09....never looked back. That was umpteen thousand years ago when i was young.....just sayn....

Never met a better group of people

You and I mixed it up back in the day when I was a young buck here at NWFA. Good thing I didn't take your advice! Got my first warning here for something I suggested we do kinda like this:

:p:p:p:p:p

I met Joe on here and became one of the first moderators for the first few years under my other screen name, wichaka.

The LE job took me on the road a lot, so was not able to be on here as I wanted, so gave up the moderator job after a few years. But since retiring, am back...

Except for those pesky moderators, always censoring and deleting stuff. :p

Seriously though, I've gotten to know so many good people here, and even made friends with a few that couldn't stand me at first. ;)
What do you mean "at first"

:p

I hate my user name, but my creativity gene is missing. So I have one of the few nics here that can't be pronounced. :D

And one of the most misspelled, maybe not so bad after all? :p
I always assumed the "j" was silent, and having never met in person, a male version of this comes to mind.
06649D80-975C-43AE-A1B3-C7A21A772C2F.gif

So....
Meet Kruejl Deville

8842003E-E0AD-42B1-8923-7CDD8FF1A1BD.jpeg

I met Joe on here and became one of the first moderators for the first few years under my other screen name, wichaka.

The LE job took me on the road a lot, so was not able to be on here as I wanted, so gave up the moderator job after a few years. But since retiring, am back...

Good to know... I always wondered what happened to you. I remember talking about doing some training years ago but then didn't see you around anymore.

In December it'll be a decade that I have been selling, lurking, researching on this site. I honestly do not know how I got here in the beginning, but thank you classifieds for putting me through college so I did not have to take a loan.

I wondered about "Wichaka" too. Your talk of 1911s had me thinking about contacting you about an issue I was having about six years ago with my Kimber. Always enjoyed and learned from your writing.

I dove into firearms in probably 2009 with the purchase of a Kel Tek PF9 for Wifey. After it messed up/sent it back/$$$/getting it sold...A member of ifish turned me onto the NWFA. Wow, what a great ride it has been, and is. I joined 9/11/11. I set myself up in reloading from the classifieds. Purchased firearms. Sold things. Met good people. Had a LOT of laughs over these years. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I didn't have the group here for entertainment and learning.

Things are still great here. The place has changed, but I think that is to be expected, it's not better, or worse. Hell I'VE changed! This place, and the members, have taught me how to be a better forum member, by example.

I joined 5 years ago yesterday. Missed out on the first 5 years of NWFA, but have appreciated the time here since. I became a member after making a FTF gun sale to a member of the forum on AL. He told me about NWFA and asked if I was a member. I joined up the next day. I kind of lurked the first few months, just trying to get a feel for the place, then I started posting regularly and was welcomed by many of the fine folks here. Some from those days are no longer on the site, and some have passed on, but many fine folks remain. Done some good deals and made a few friends along the way. Also got into some heated debates/scraps, learned some stuff and taught some stuff. It's a good place to be, especially for us introverts who prefer to minimize the FTF interaction on a regular basis, but still like to gab.

Like others have mentioned, I do miss the pre-SB941 days. What a time for freedom and buying and testing and selling and meeting lots of neat gun folks.

Congrats to @Joe Link on 10 years of NWFA and many thanks to him and the @Moderators for keeping this place bubblegum and span and running like a top :)

Oh ok, you still go by that on other forums if I recall, nice to see you didn't realize you were still around didnt see that horse head LOL

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top