JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Government never keeps its word. To them a contract (like the Constitution) is not binding, and they can change their mind at any time. If you doubt this, ask any Ukrainian about trusting the word of the US Government!
Guess you can also ask the native Americans and about any country in existence 🤬

Hard pass The government will always find a way to crawfish the deal
NO NFA, NO GCA AND NO PERMIT/LICENSE is the only acceptable deal

Bingo, the OP assumes acting in good faith, which we ALL know that the Grabbers and their Kapo Knobgobblers *stares pointedly at unnamed "supporting" vendor* are pathologically incapable of.
Agreed, I trust the gubernment as much as every other person here 😖😖. They have absolutely no credibility in keeping their word.
History of this is too long to type. Short version, it was a discussion with a friends book club that was anti-gun. I wanted to see how far I could bend them to 'our' side 😄. Figured my proposal would make a good discussion topic here 😊.

Trade deal alert. Interpret the second amendment as it was intended when it was written and there will be less need for a second American revolution in the future.

I would not be in favor of this - too many bureaucratic ways to infringe on a constitutional right. Further, cars are different because they are generally large enough to be noticed and therefore easy enough (comparatively) to monitor and ensure compliance. Government agencies do this by having police observe and pull over non-compliant motorists, speeders, etc., and by having an expiration date on licenses.

Guns present a whole different set of challenges. They can be small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, so observation and enforcement by police is impractical. You'd need a cop at every gun range to check weapons against licenses. Expiration of gun "licenses" implies loss of one's ability to keep and bear arms. That's not even factoring in potential for abuse - additional taxes and fees on firearms based on classification, increased licensing costs, and other things that would prevent law abiding citizens from exercising their rights.

Look at the NFA as an example. A $200 tax on a product in 1934 was the equivalent of $4,234 today. That regulation effectively made ownership of whole classes of firearm unobtainable by the majority of the population at the whim of politicians and special interests. After it passed the only people who could afford NFA weapons were rich folks... like the gangsters. That is the very definition of infringement, and blanket licensing would make it even easier for the government to apply similar measures on a much broader scale.

I get the idea, I understand the appeal of a compromise, but I think that is one that would come back to bite us in the long run.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews