JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

If they were to get rid of La Pierre they would get TWO more paying members from this house!

From article:

The National Rifle Association announced that it intends to restructure as a nonprofit based in Texas and has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protections.

"The move will enable long-term, sustainable growth and ensure the NRA's continued success as the nation's leading advocate for constitutional freedom -- free from the toxic political environment of New York," the gun advocacy group said in a statement Friday.

The NRA added that it has been incorporated in New York for approximately 150 years.

Merged two threads.

And agreed with some the others; Wayne LaPierre has to go. (I've been a member since my high school years to the present and that isn't changing, but it is time for some new leadership.)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

I don't really know much about the NRA other than some of the stories that go around here at NWFA. I get the idea they don't really connect with the little guys, and don't go after smaller areas of the country when they come up with the laws like 1639 in Washington. I don't think the NRA even "Officially" condemned law makers putting a persons rights under the constitution up far a vote by the people of the state?

If we felt that they were with us, here in little ol' potland, that giving money to the cause might actually feel like were were part of a movement. Instead of putting money in a huge, bottomless, wishing well and hoping we see something in the way of results.

Strategery..to exit NY?
That is what Im thinking. Tactically it gives them the ability to pack up and move lessening the tax blows NY would no doubt try to stick to the NRA. In their restructuring they can also do away with inflated payroll employees and admin.
Too many Fudds and wannabe politicians with no spines have been running the NRA for far too long. Id like to see them restructure into something like the GOA, OFF..etc.

Strategery..to exit NY?
Considering how broke the NRA reportedly is, it's not clear if they'll be able to pull off the move or not. They're currently under investigation by the NYAG – and it operates as a nonprofit. When Trump tried to shut down the Trump Foundation while it was under investigation by the state of New York, the AG forced it to remain in operation until the state was finished investigating and dismantling it—so it may be a while before Wayne gets a Whataburger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top