JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the bottom of that it should read "A whole bunch of gun owners voted to elect Hilary and have screamed ever since she lost". "A whole bunch of gun owners in OR voted Kate in twice now". So of course this will fix it right up when the NRA is found to be lacking." Then these same gun owners wonder why we are losing so many battles.
Not all gun owners think it's a priority over other issues. You do. I do. But arguing won't change their minds.

Get them involved. Get them shooting more. Get them to try ARs. Make them invested because words don't work. Never do.

Last Edited:
As the NRA has never done any pro-gun advocating, wait, what am I saying, yes many antis think we should throw them out with the baby and the bathwater.

Yes, the NRA needs to put in mucho effort to clean up their problems, but supposedly pro-gun folk who pillory them have their own suspect motives...or perhaps, maybe, possibly, unreasonably expect the NRA to 'always' conform to their way of thinking or they aren't worthy...always agree with my 'authoritie' or disband, you heathens. I know best!

It would be great to read the anti-NRAer's express as much condemnation of gun control as they do bashing the NRA..., so when I say their motives as suspect that's one of the reasons I say: Suspect motives...so why no as passionate anti-gun control posting, eh?

Not all gun owners think it's a priority over other issues. You do. I do. But arguing won't change their minds.

Get them involved. Get them shooting more. Get them to try ARs. Make them invested because words don't work. Never do.

If words will not change their mind then we have already lost and there is no point in bothering any more. Just enjoy your gun until it's time to turn it in. I am not ready to give up yet.

A,

"If words will not change their mind then we have already lost and there is no point in bothering any more."

Sorry, but that post (to me anyway) isn't clear.

Please, if you'll be so kind as to elaborate?

I agree with what G.B. just posted.

A,

"If words will not change their mind then we have already lost and there is no point in bothering any more."

Sorry, but that post (to me anyway) isn't clear.

Please, if you'll be so kind as to elaborate?

I agree with what G.B. just posted.

If we can not persuade gun owners who are actively supporting politicians who want to take their guns, to stop doing it, then we have lost. Places like the NRA, GOA, and any others only have words to try to change minds. Hoping that if you point out to people they are voting to have their rights taken they will change. If as one poster said this does nothing, well we are done. I am not willing to give up yet. I will keep trying to get gun owners to see that by actively supporting people like the Governor of WA and OR they are saying they want to see more and more gun laws. Many get VERY angry when you point this out to them, as they can see it is what they are doing. I keep hoping more of them will finally wake up and rather than get mad, will vote to keep their rights.

As the NRA has never done any pro-gun advocating, wait, what am I saying, yes many antis think we should throw them out with the baby and the bathwater.

Yes, the NRA needs to put in mucho effort to clean up their problems, but supposedly pro-gun folk who pillory them have their own suspect motives...or perhaps, maybe, possibly, unreasonably expect the NRA to 'always' conform to their way of thinking or they aren't worthy...always agree with my 'authoritie' or disband, you heathens. I know best!

It would be great to read the anti-NRAer's express as much condemnation of gun control as they do bashing the NRA..., so when I say their motives as suspect that's one of the reasons I say: Suspect motives...so why no as passionate anti-gun control posting, eh?
For me, my criticism of the NRA is passionate anti-gun control posting.

I'm tired of the NRA compromising or selling my rights away one at a time, little by little. The tradional anti-gunners want to take away everything all at once, which is why they get the most attention. The NRA has been slowly giving away our rights one at a time, and has mainly gone unnoticed. In the end the effect will be the same; both sides will have effectively disarmed us if left unchecked.

Now we have the NRA overtly giving away our rights and suggesting additional gun control (which they were successful at getting, I might add), and yet people still wholeheartedly defend them.

You are defending a group that has successfully passed more gun control than President Obama did, and has a known history of embezzlement by the current executive vice president.

You are defending a group that seems perfectly content to sit on the defensive, with only a half-hearted defense at that. I would rather support a group that is willing to go on the offensive and attempt to regain our rights, in addition to having a "no compromise" defensive strategy.

Those who are complacent and continue to support the NRA in its current form are the ones who are helping the anti-gunners, not those of us that want the NRA to get their house in order or get out of our way.

Last Edited:
A recognition of NRA housecleaning isn't complacency.

It's a recognition of a need for them to do better while having done much good to promote pro-gunners, however the 'my way or the highway' attitude of the vehemently angry is also recognized.

No one wins one it comes with that approach.

Such doesn't work, but I'm sure it's cathartic to vent, fulminate and cry foul!

Resistance is futile so say the band wagon jumpers.

Do as we say or else!

Others say, yep, NRA do better, but thanks for the pro-gun promotion, it 'embiggens' us all as cromulently as is possible...

If words will not change their mind then we have already lost and there is no point in bothering any more. Just enjoy your gun until it's time to turn it in. I am not ready to give up yet.
Words don't ever work for anything. Reason is a fallacy.

Courts work. Law suits work. Buying Congress people work. Getting more people shooting works.

Words. Do. Not. Work.

"Places like the NRA, GOA, and any others only have words to try to change minds."

BS

They have money to buy congressmen. They initiate law suits. They lobby. They train people. That helps.

Impassioned pleas and intellectual arguments to voters are entertainment. Self pleasure.

Political decisions are made at the gut, not the brain.

You're not in a trench inspiring voters by asking, "come on, over the top, nobody wants to live forever."

You also aren't inspiring by outdoing one another to show how other voters are wrong.

FB_IMG_1545566121875_jpg-782457.JPG

This!
For me, my criticism of the NRA is passionate anti-gun contol posting.

I'm tired of the NRA compromising or selling my rights away one at a time, little by little. The tradional anti-gunners want to take away everything all at once, which is why they get the most attention. The NRA has been slowly giving away our rights one at a time, and has mainly gone unnoticed. In the end the effect will be the same; both sides will have effectively disarmed us if left unchecked.

Now we have the NRA overtly giving away our rights and suggesting additional gun control (which they were successful at getting, I might add), and yet people still wholeheartedly defend them.

You are defending a group that has successfully passed more gun control than President Obama did, and has a known history of embezzlement by the current executive vice president.

You are defending a group that seems perfectly content to sit on the defensive, with only a half-hearted defense at that. I would rather support a group that is willing to go on the offensive and attempt to regain our rights, in addition to having a "no compromise" defensive strategy.

Those who are complacent and continue to support the NRA in its current form are the ones who are helping the anti-gunners, not those of us that want the NRA to get their house in order or get out of our way.

"Places like the NRA, GOA, and any others only have words to try to change minds."

BS

They have money to buy congressmen. They initiate law suits. They lobby. They train people. That helps.

Impassioned pleas and intellectual arguments to voters are entertainment. Self pleasure.

Political decisions are made at the gut, not the brain.

You're not in a trench inspiring voters by asking, "come on, over the top, nobody wants to live forever."

You also aren't inspiring by outdoing one another to show how other voters are wrong.
I would add that political decisions are made in pockets. Just follow the money, my dear gunners, and you will see who is really in charge.

I would add that political decisions are made in pockets. Just follow the money, my dear gunners, and you will see who is really in charge.
Pockets, as in deep pockets, are the snark the conspiracy minded. You always end up catching the boojum.

Whoever can muster the votes like the NRA generally can, win the vote or at least block the worst things.

The pockets that matter are those of the voters and even then they matter less than feelings.

Get voters shooting AR15s or spend your $ on lawsuits that will make it to the Supreme Court.

Magnified optics are not second amendment covered either. Magazines are as they are essential to using the gun.

Don't be angry with me. Just telling you how the law works.
You didn't answer my question, though.

Would you feel the same way if magnified optics were banned? Would you still be so nonchalant about it, or would you be upset?

It always amazes me the hypocrisy of those that support infringement on the 2nd Amendment, as long as it doesn't affect them or their sport.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top