JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Could the NRA clean up it's act? Like all organizations, including our own households, the answer is yes.

EDIT: The numbers in this paragraph are a total wild guess, just for illustration purposes:
Am I worried that Wayne LaPierre makes $1.4 million per year and will get that as his retirement salary? Not much. How many members does the NRA have? I think they claim 5 million - say it's really only 4 million. 4 million x what, $40 each, is $160 million. So, if they squander $40 to $100 million on salaries and marketing, but still have $60 million to spend obliterating antis, I'm OK with that. We have public employees making many hundreds of thousands in pensions right here in bankrupt Oregon. That's taxpayer money - people should be in jail for that. The NRA is private.
EDIT 2 - FOR MORE REALISTIC NUMBERS GO HERE:
National - NRA Dirty Laundry aired

These articles are old news. Knox can't get over his dad's loss, and The Trace and The New Yorker have zero credibilty. Similar articles pop up here from time to time.

The ONLY intent of these thinly veiled anti-NRA articles is to get you and me to stop supporting them, because they help to defeat anti-gun BS around the country including IP43 last year. Their lawsuit caused IP43 to run out of time to collect signatures - or else IP 43 would now be law, many reading this would be felons, people might have been killed when they tried to enforce it, etc.

I'll pay my dues to the NRA and every other pro-gun group I can afford. Wish I cold pay a lot more, including to NWFA. I will also write the NRA and tell them to get their house in order. They are under attack in many states - you folks in Washington have seen it with the Carry Guard insurance. This is not the time to abandon the NRA - this is the time to give all you can as Cody Jinks would say.

Last Edited:
... Am I worried that Wayne LaPierre makes $1.4 million per year and will get that as his retirement salary? Not much. How many members does the NRA have? I think they claim 5 million - say it's really only 4 million. 4 million x what, $40 each, is $160 million. So, if they squander $40 to $100 million on salaries and marketing, but still have $60 million to spend obliterating antis ...

If SAF had an extra 1.4m/yr, how many more lawsuits would get funded? What about $100m? And remind me, what did the NRA have to do with Heller (aside from trying to thwart it every step of the way)? I've been a member for a long time but at some point last year I decided I'd put the few bucks I can spare elsewhere. Anyway, this quote from the article cited at the top is really on target:

"the gun lobby is not a bunch of overpaid suits in Washington DC. If the NRA disappeared tomorrow, the gun lobby would still be just as powerful, because the gun lobby isn't the NRA, it's the NRA members and tens of millions of dedicated patriots just like you, scattered throughout this wide land."

"the gun lobby is not a bunch of overpaid suits in Washington DC. If the NRA disappeared tomorrow, the gun lobby would still be just as powerful, because the gun lobby isn't the NRA, it's the NRA members and tens of millions of dedicated patriots just like you, scattered throughout this wide land."

Wishful thinking on the part of someone. The gun lobby IS the NRA, and all the other 2A groups combined. Scattered patriots have NO political power. Only when we are united to fight antis do we have any power - and even then, in today's environment we are struggling. Typically the smaller organizations team up with the NRA. Support as many as you can.

Typical.. reminds me of "Wounded Warrior" as well. Susan B Komen... all Korrupt.

squander $40 to $100 million on salaries and marketing, but still have $60 million to spend obliterating antis, I'm OK with that.

I'm NOT OK with that.

No more $$ for you NRA.

GOA & SAF for me from now on.

Joined the SAF the other day, time to join the GOA next.

GOA membership done, just signed up and added an extra amount for donation.

~

Last Edited:
Well, now the constant badgering for funds and membership extensions make perfect sense.

Wayne just needs to walk away with what he's bilked from the NRA and call it even... The Board appearantly needs to be replaced with people who can actually do their job.

This is not good, not good at all... Of all the times for this to come to light. We've got enough battles to save our rights without being undermined internally...

I'm NOT OK with that.

No more $$ for you NRA

OK, but no whining when you get to watch your guns cut up by the goobermint. It's a comin'. ;)

The numbers I used were just my wild guess at what they might be. I don't have the real numbers. So, don't base your decision on my numbers. Write them and tell 'em to straighten up and fly right.

Top nonprofit salaries. NRA is right in there with the rest of them.
Charity Highest Paid | Charity Top Compensation | Charity Ratings | Charity Rankings | CharityWatch

Top American CEO salaries:
Highest paid CEOs at America's 100 largest companies

Top Oregon government salaries:
Meet Oregon's top 22 highest paid state employees

OK, but no whining when you get to watch your guns cut up by the goobermint. It's a comin'. ;)

The numbers I used were just my wild guess at what they might be. I don't have the real numbers. So, don't base your decision on my numbers. Write them and tell 'em to straighten up and fly right.

Top nonprofit salaries. NRA is right in there with the rest of them.
Charity Highest Paid | Charity Top Compensation | Charity Ratings | Charity Rankings | CharityWatch

Top American CEO salaries:
Highest paid CEOs at America's 100 largest companies

Top Oregon government salaries:
Meet Oregon's top 22 highest paid state employees

I think joining and donating to the SAF and GOA will suffice nicely.

If the NRA gets turned around and cleans up their act I'll be happy to join and donate. I am not a NRA hater, I appreciate the good they have done, but there are people there that are not as sincere as I would like, hopefully that will be fixed and then the NRA can move forward. Until then, as I said, no more $$ from me to you NRA.

Robert

If the NRA gets turned around and cleans up their act I'll be happy to join and donate. I am not a NRA hater, I appreciate the good they have done, but there are people there that are not as sincere as I would like, hopefully that will be fixed and then the NRA can move forward. Until then, as I said, no more $$ from me to you NRA.

Robert

They do need to clean up their act. If we put enough pressure on them I think they will do it - if they survive. The IRS is going to "help" them do it. I suspect they've had the fear of the Almighty put into them at this point.

Our side does not have the luxury of waiting for the NRA to be fixed - I think we need to keep funding them so they aren't killed by antis. They are too powerful an ally to let them die because of a few dummies in leadership.

I think we need to keep funding them so they aren't killed by antis.

You make a valid point. Hopfully they [NRA] will not be killed off and if that is in danger of happening we can step in and help out as long as we are assured $$ is going where needed and not redirected to Wayne LaPierre's retirement payments.

I do appreciate Wayne LaPierre's efforts on behalf of the 2A, just not as much as Wayne LaPierre seems to $think$ he is worth after he no longer works for the NRA.

~

Robert

Not only have they done good in the past, they are still doing it. Here's the 2016 annual statement of the NRA Foundation. Scroll down and look at the money they give to MANY clubs in the states. I suspect this activity goes a long way to attract new gun sports enthusiasts. That's one thing we desperately need or else our gun rights WILL go away. Take a peek:

https://www.nrafoundation.org/media/2082/16nrafannualreportweb1.pdf

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR