JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I would like to get my Oregon CCW. I have been doing some reading and I was wondering in the NRA basic pistol course would be enough to get my permit. The reason I ask is because it is required in the state of Ohio and I already have my certificate.

I live in Washington county if that makes a difference.

Thank you for any help in advance.

Yes, the NRA Basic Pistol Course will meet Oregon requirements for training to obtain a concealed carry permit. I lived in Salem until three years ago and taught the course at Four Corners. I would recommend taking the Personal Protection Outside The Home course as that will cover the legal aspects of concealed carry in Oregon.

That's good news. Thank you for the suggestion on the Oregon carry laws class. I would be interested to see what differences there are here.

On a side note is there any place local that does firearms training? I haven't been shooting as frequently as I used to and some new instruction and a chance to get a lot of shooting in would be great.

I took my course with 540 Tactical. Worth taking the class + UT. There are often a Defensive Handgun course right after a lot of the CCW classes that is worth taking as well.

I took an NRA First Shots pistol course and it counted for my CHL. The instructor did provide a separate certificate that indicated he taught all the components required for the CHL. That was helpful.

And then the same NRA certificate counted for when I applied for my Arizona permit. AZ, give me almost all the states Utah does, but also NV and NM! AZ doesn't give you WA, though. WA makes it super easy to get a non-resident CPL, though. Just walk-in and walk-out through Clark County.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top