JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today end the freedom of gun sale privately in Oregon " for now " :D

I have been having some debates locally here about what will be the end results.
Lets take aside a moment compliance or not

As far as publicly done private sales whom will have the advantage with SB941 ? Will sellers of private guns lose out because people will figure hell I have to go to a FFL might as well buy there and avoid the hassle. Or will sellers offer lower prices now to help draw in private sellers knowing the hassle that will now bestow them?

I was curious what others thought.

You can't really discount compliance, it's a big factor in the end result. Lane County has said they will not pursue charges so there will be absolutely no fallout due to this ridiculous law. Unless they get a windfall of revenue and have all other budget issues taken care of, I doubt this will ever pose a problem for buyers or sellers.

You can't really discount compliance, it's a big factor in the end result. Lane County has said they will not pursue charges so there will be absolutely no fallout due to this ridiculous law. Unless they get a windfall of revenue and have all other budget issues taken care of, I doubt this will ever pose a problem for buyers or sellers.

Here is DC it is the same there will be no enforcement of SB941

Think it's going to slow gun sales for a while, at least until people get the law figured out. FTF is dead now so it's a matter of how much the dealers charge. They charge too much for a transfer and people will quit buying used and new guns. Dealers are going to be the make or break in the gun sales, they get greedy and people will stop buying.

We need to petition to have the ability to call it in ourselves and keep records.

If there is no erasing SB941 from the books serious amendments need to be made.
I cannot be denied my RIGHT to purchase/obtain a firearm when and where I desire here in Oregon.

I often work long hours 6 days a week.. What FFL is open on Sunday?
Why cant we petition the $25+ Transfer fee as extortion? Sure the $10 for the BGC..yada yada.. But if I have a friend that needs to borrow a firearm exceeding that magical 7 days? Why can we not call it in ourselves? Why should we HAVE to pay x2 transfer/BGC fees?
Things like that I havent seen addressed..

This bill has more holes and gray area than anything I've ever seen.

I in no way support this bill, Im just thinking we can take it down a peg or two by bringing up these issues that NEED to be adressed.. Otherwose Ill tell you right now, Im not going to abide by this unconstitutional law. Denying me rational access to firearms because of "store hours" is insane.

I for one wont hassle selling anything unless Im hard pressed for money. But seriously.. What a hassle.. The best part of private sales was the cheaper price, but when you tack on $35+ why wouldnt a sane person just buy it new.

Buy new and you still have the same fees when you tire of it and want to sell it. Dealers will probably try to buy people's guns first by making a transfer a hassel then offering peanuts for the gun.

I won't be buying any more.

Made my last private sale this morning (8/8/2015), unless things change for the good.
941 has taken the fun out of the gun trading, buying selling etc.

Gun shows will probably pick up now, at least you wont have to travel to a FFL dealer to make the purchase as they are already there.

Sure hope all the 'Bad Guys' are screwed now and cant get any more guns to rob, rape, plunder and kill with.

As far as the comments "I will not comply" Let's wait and see how that works for you....

Good Luck & Have a good evening Gents

Should be interesting how much money is no longer spent in Oregon on guns because of sb941. All the tax money that won't be generated for the state and tax money that goes for fish and game. All money spent in commerce buying and selling just dried up and the people now are finally looking at who caused it all.:D

I did some 12 this last 12 months was fun and even more years prior, I see myself not changing how I did things before SB941. But I get how others may cease doing it on some level.

The landscape has changed for sure but I guess we will have to see how it all works now with the new law. Will the buyer pay the transfer or the seller? Maybe split it? The market will decide and I am sure we will adapt. One thing for sure is it will never be the same and I perceive it as we never had a real chance of keeping this off the books. I'd like to think the little guy who is right can stand up and fight fair but truth be told, no one wins against a billionaire. Not really a defeatist in my thinking but it is a real thing that money is power in politics. They don't hate guns. They hate us! People who take care of themselves are not what they want. They want to retain their power by making us depend on them.

Don't fool yourself.:rolleyes:

The state police will be the ones enforcing this law, not the counties.

They will be out there running stings and if the person you sell to is an undercover state cop (or their agent - probably a felon to boot), you can count on at least going being arrested and going to court, probably some jail time too. There will also be a lot of bad publicity.

I pretty much am willing to sit on what I have - I would anyway as most of what I have I intend to keep long term.

If a private seller has what I want and it is not available from a store and/or it is significantly less than retail, then I will buy private.

However, in the short term, I probably won't be buying anything and in the long term I would be buying less, if the law stays in place. I don't shoot that much, and what I have I want to stay off the books as much as possible as I do believe that someday this may lead to confiscation.

So in that way, it will impact my buying habits.

From now on if I see an ad for something I want that doesn't specifically reference a BGC or 941, I'll contact the seller. I don't like "lists" and won't be on one. So, am I done buying? Depends on the seller. I guess until I move to Idaho in about a year and a half, I'll just spend my play money on ammo -- lots of ammo. I think that'll be the next target.

Edit: Looks like Heretic was reading my mind as I was typing.

Last Edited:
Just look at kali gun laws if you want to know your future. People of Oregon won't vote to stop it so it's a train wreck in the making.o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top