JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, like the title says the genius that I'm dealing with went and shipped my pistol to the wrong gun shop. I'd had my LGS send their info, then for some reason the dealer has mailed it to a different local store.....

It's past closing time, so I emailed them about it. Gave them his email, asking if they can send a copy of their FFL to him.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Had this happen to me earlier this year. The make of the integrated barrel sent it to an FFL of the same name but a different place. I spoke with the 'wrong FFl' and he ended up sending it back to the seller. Did the seller ship to you using a FFL. The seller then has to do a different Form 3 to send it to the correct FFL. The 'wrong FFL' hopefully is honorable. Talk to them, and you should also contact the seller to get it figured out.

I suggest that you write down exactly what happened, who was involved, what was said. If something goes south at least you will have all of the people and events. Accidents happen. Even though the maker had my FFL of choice's info I figured that she just looked the name up on her contacts and clicked on the wrong one. Accidents happen.

Good luck.

So, like the title says the genius that I'm dealing with went and shipped my pistol to the wrong gun shop. I'd had my LGS send their info, then for some reason the dealer has mailed it to a different local store.....

It's past closing time, so I emailed them about it. Gave them his email, asking if they can send a copy of their FFL to him.

Is there anything else I should be doing?
How did you pay? This can make a HUGE difference here.

Not pointing fingers or saying that it's the RIGHT solution for everyone but......

FYI.....my son left our home in Vancouver, WA for Seattle, WA this morning. Because he wanted to ensure that his expensive firearms and parts got to the correct FFL.

And mind you that......in the past (before the FFLs had their hands in my private FTF transactions).....I have driven almost clear across WA to do many deals.

Thank your POLITICIANS and the STUPID VOTERS!

Aloha, Mark

1694026083514.png

I paid with a USPS money order, the seller is a home based FFL.

So the "wrong gun shop" that it's been sent to says they'll have to refuse it and send it back, then the seller can mail it back to the right one.

With all the garbage that's been going on, all the fees, I think I'm going to just stick with antiques in the future. They're my biggest passion anyhow.

So the "wrong gun shop" that it's been sent to says they'll have to refuse it and send it back, then the seller can mail it back to the right one.

With all the garbage that's been going on, all the fees, I think I'm going to just stick with antiques in the future. They're my biggest passion anyhow.
Why not just go to the shop that has it and get it? Send it back? That sounds bubbleguming stupid.

Yup, happened to me. Firearm ended up in Arizona(!). Still have no idea how the hell that happened. Fortunately the FFL in AZ was honorable. Forwarded it to originally intended FFL (whether shipped on his own dime or charged back to seller I don't know). Worked out in end, but I was a bit concerned and miffed at the time going through the stress of that unanticipated problem. From the above it looks like this happens more frequently than I realized... which raises a question as to why that is.

Use this as a lesson learned. Pay with a credit card. Sorry this turned out to be such a PITA :(

I'm on the "just pick it up at the wrong FFL" bandwagon. The idiot seller must already have a copy of their FFL, or he wouldn't have sent it to them.
Of, course, brains aren't his strong point!

Use this as a lesson learned. Pay with a credit card. Sorry this turned out to be such a PITA :(
Agree, credit card. Only one time I ever used something other than a credit card. The seller's system was PayPal. Even though the PayPal system would take a credit card it nonetheless required all purchasers to establish a PayPal account, password, personal information, the works. Most of you (hopefully) remember the thousands who got hacked in January this year. I'm not keen on becoming a statistic, so no PayPal for me. However, I spoke with the seller (owner) and I trusted him, he's been around a long time and known as a good one, so I did it the old fashioned way and sent him a check in the mail. Worked fine, but that was definitely an exception to the rule. With that particular seller I'd do it again, that's what trust is. But for run of the mill sellers, credit card only.

As an aside, a few years ago my daughter paid her college tuition and fees using Venmo. Within days she had more than $4,000 drained out of her bank account. To the bank's credit (Umpqua) they made her whole, but lesson learned: you put your money in a bank to keep it safe and secure, but depending on your actions after that it may not be secure, not at all. When you open up the electronic doorway to your bank account you're taking one helluva risk.

Not pointing fingers or saying that it's the RIGHT solution for everyone but......

FYI.....my son left our home in Vancouver, WA for Seattle, WA this morning. Because he wanted to ensure that his expensive firearms and parts got to the correct FFL.

And mind you that......in the past (before the FFLs had their hands in my private FTF transactions).....I have driven almost clear across WA to do many deals.

Thank your POLITICIANS and the STUPID VOTERS!

Aloha, Mark

View attachment 1482732
He shipped his firearms to Seattle and then drove there to make sure it got there safely? Why not just deliver them himself if he's driving up there anyway? I must be missing something...

He shipped his firearms to Seattle and then drove there to make sure it got there safely? Why not just deliver them himself if he's driving up there anyway? I must be missing something...
He didn't "ship" the firearms and parts to the FFL (in Seattle).

He didn't/doesn't TRUST.....the US Mail or Common Carriers......to transport his expensive firearms and parts. So, he took it there himself. Because, nothing gets "LOST" that way. Not to mention that "CASH is still KING".

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads