JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm having the same problem--wanting to get my older Noveske/SWS quad rail off my rifle... silly SWS and their proprietary nut...

Any updates/any one w/ the tool?

BTW, 1st post, hello!

I contacted SWS via email, and got a real shady vibe from whomever it was that replied. He wanted me to send him money without even knowing if he had the stuff I needed available.
When I pressed for clarification he quit responding.
I'm not impressed with their customer service at all.

yeah, I have an email to them too... it sounds like they might be semi-out of business, as all their handguards on their site are out of stock... I tried putting the set bolts back into the barrel nut and to use them as leverage to wrench it off w/ some pliers, but the nut is on so tight, I'm afraid of snapping those little bolts...

Plan B is trying some PB blaster + heat + strap wrench...

yeah, I have an email to them too... it sounds like they might be semi-out of business, as all their handguards on their site are out of stock... I tried putting the set bolts back into the barrel nut and to use them as leverage to wrench it off w/ some pliers, but the nut is on so tight, I'm afraid of snapping those little bolts...

Plan B is trying some PB blaster + heat + strap wrench...

SiliKroil
silikroil.gif
Loosens and Lubricates
Engineered to loosen frozen metal parts and provide silicone-enhanced lubrication. Kroil's high solvency penetrating oils first penetrate to one-millionth inch spaces to break the bond of rust and to provide lubrication at the first molecular level. This frees the frozen metal part. The dimethyl silicones then provide extra long-lasting lubrication and rust protection. SiliKroil is not only good to loosen frozen metal parts but to supply extra lubrication in infinitely small spaces.
Silikroil is designed for use on frozen bearings, slides, gate valves, hinges, chains etc. The addition of Silicone to Kroil also enhances its water displacement qualities and improves its performance as a cutting oil.

I've used this in the past. If you're patient and let it penetrate you won't need heat to get it off.

I know this is an old thread. But I'm in dire need for an sws barrel nut! Someone have one they are willing to part with? Wes
I ended up using a cheap generic noveske style barrel nut... worked perfect.
I got the screws at my local Wilco in the hardware department....
that way you don't have to worry about the stupid proprietary wrench...

I ended up using a cheap generic noveske style barrel nut... worked perfect.
I got the screws at my local Wilco in the hardware department....
that way you don't have to worry about the stupid proprietary wrench...
I have nsr barrel nut, won't work. The hole pattern is the same, however the sws holes are closer to the receiver than new rails. Almost a 1/4" from mating up. Now I'm in 250 for the handguard, another 30 or so for a barrel nut and still wont go! Hoping I'm not up the creek.

I have nsr barrel nut, won't work. The hole pattern is the same, however the sws holes are closer to the receiver than new rails. Almost a 1/4" from mating up. Now I'm in 250 for the handguard, another 30 or so for a barrel nut and still wont go! Hoping I'm not up the creek.
The one I used was from I believe a parallax tactical rail... maybe it was a little different than NSR. Looked the same.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top