JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm trying to get this barrel nut off, but I need a SWS proprietary wrench, which is no longer manufactured. I'm hoping someone on here has one I can borrow/rent/buy or something! Any help would be appreciated, there are some awesome guys here, and it would be great to meet yet another outstanding individual. Thank you!

20181106_165946.jpg

Youc ould also take a pipe wrench to it, and give the wrench handle a sharp smack with a mallet to break the torque and mitigate "bite" marks (if you're going to reuse it).

I'm a little hesitant to use the pipe wrench just yet. That will happen if I strike out here, just trying to use the right tool for the job.

Super special proprietary nutz=manbun of the gun world. Really cool until they aren't. I thought Noveske was top of the line and would support the products they sell. So they source their parts? Possibly the company who made these for them went under. Sorry if anyone got hurt, my beer is talking for me.

Yep ... better to keep it KISS. Anyway you can fab up your own wrench? An anvil. Soft plate steel. Three pound hammer. Drill press. Proper diameter solid rod. A hack saw. Sander. A cutting torch. A welder. Heck ... you would need a well equipped man cave to just make the wrench to get your extra special barrel nut off.

How much installation torque did they use? Dunno. But ... making your own wrench would be fun.

Sorry if anyone got hurt, my beer is talking for me.

No hurt feelings here. It's an older factory Noveske, and they used SWS, Superior Weapons System, as their handguard supplier. Both companies now use a barrel nut that takes a more standard tool to install/remove the nut.

I'm still hoping to use "the right tool for the job" for this, but if push comes to shove I can remove the nut, it just wont be pretty anymore. Besides, I'm an Electrician, so I like to work smarter, not harder!

No hurt feelings here. It's an older factory Noveske, and they used SWS, Superior Weapons System, as their handguard supplier. Both companies now use a barrel nut that takes a more standard tool to install/remove the nut.

I'm still hoping to use "the right tool for the job" for this, but if push comes to shove I can remove the nut, it just wont be pretty anymore. Besides, I'm an Electrician, so I like to work smarter, not harder!
This is such a coincidence!
I just emailed SWS yesterday because I need a barrel nut for an older SWS quad rail I picked up Saturday at the gun show!
The guy mailed me back and said he'd send me a nut for $20, a shim kit for $5, and the tool for $30 + $5 shipping... but it is available. Not sure I wanna drop $60+ on a rail I only paid $20 for.
Anybody have a spare nut for one of these?
5094C492-17B1-4664-8E34-A97C977CF874.jpeg 05B282AA-0F35-428F-B294-0E52423DAE16.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top