JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i will give him credit for calling the police on his own ND. most of the NDs where police have been involved, that i've seen/heard about, somebody OTHER than the shooter had to make the call, and sometimes while bleeding..
very true... trying to do the right thing... My question... How do you accidently fire a relvolver???? I mean, really.

If he was on this forum, I would have recommended snap-cap.

Or just making sure it wasn't loaded. I've practiced drawing from a holster at home but only after verifying the weapon wasn't loaded. I'm guessing he didn't intend to pull the trigger.

I work for Washington County. Word from one of my deputy is that the guy might have gotten away with a slap on the wrist if he'd just been honest right from the start. He actually was the one who called 911 when he couldn't get a response from the next door apartment the round went into. But when the cops arrived, he told them he had been cleaning his gun when it went off. It's good no one got shot, but what probably made the next door neighbor want to shoot him was the fact that his .357 round went right into the neighbor's 40-inch HDTV. Here's the official Washington County Sheriff's Dept news release, complete with a picture of the gunslinger and his 40-inch HDTV victim.

Reminds me of a guy I knew back when I was a teen. I saw him walking with a limp one day and asked what happened. He told me he was learning to do speed draws with his dad's .22 revolver and shot himself in the leg. He was a bit perturbed when I laughed at him, but I still say he got what he deserved for practicing a new skill, unsupervised, with a loaded gun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top