JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have an idea: WA initiatives to the people are clearly being exploited by the very, very rich; they bankroll the operation from paid signature gathering to TV ads. In the end, the billionaires in Seattle get their way.

So, lets get the money out of politics, or better yet, lets put the money into politics.

For every dollar over $1000 someone puts into an initiative to the people they must put $1 into the collective opposition's fight. This way everyone get's to state their case on equal footing.

Funny thing about steamrollers, they don't care about tiny pebbles.

I just drove by one of my local eating establishments in my little town and it seems that others have the same mindset that we do.
If my little town can man up to get the word out to inform people to vote then every other town should be able to.;)

20181006_104840.jpg

Last Edited:

^^Yup. Came out a few days ago.

Saw another 'No on I1639' sticker on the highway earlier. WA PF plates.:)

And on the I1639 A Step Too Far article above...zero contrary comments. Hmmm...of course the letter did close commenting on how some of the law enforcement associations aren't supporting it. Ponderous... ;)

Keep it going!

Last Edited:
I have an idea: WA initiatives to the people are clearly being exploited by the very, very rich; they bankroll the operation from paid signature gathering to TV ads. In the end, the billionaires in Seattle get their way.

So, lets get the money out of politics, or better yet, lets put the money into politics.

For every dollar over $1000 someone puts into an initiative to the people they must put $1 into the collective opposition's fight. This way everyone get's to state their case on equal footing.

Funny thing about steamrollers, they don't care about tiny pebbles.

No, the initiative process needs to be removed or severely limited. The initiative process subverts, the right of the people of equal representation. The process gives voice to the mob, not all the people.
If the initiative process were to be used, it should be used only to reign in government. Some examples: taxation, burdensome regulation, equal rights etc.
The initiative process should never be used, to limit or strip the people of their rights and freedoms.

But how many years are you willing to wait to get your case heard? California has been fighting the "Assault weapon" ban and handgun roster for 18 plus years.

IMHO you barking up the wrong tree. The initiative process is the ONLY reason WA state does not have many odious laws and many good ones to boot. I trust the people and the initiative process WAY more than the crooks in Olympia. If initiatives pass that violate rights then that is what the courts (all the way up to the SCOTUS) are for. By the way, the REAL reason Washington state is in such a mess is that most citizens can't get off of their collective fat duffs to bother to REGISTER to vote, much less cast a ballot. 'We have met the enemy and he is us'- Pogo.

You mean the WSSC that just sent an unlawful initiative to the ballot? They are bought and paid for by Seattle elites!:mad:

No, the initiative process needs to be removed or severely limited. The initiative process subverts, the right of the people of equal representation. The process gives voice to the mob, not all the people.
If the initiative process were to be used, it should be used only to reign in government. Some examples: taxation, burdensome regulation, equal rights etc.
The initiative process should never be used, to limit or strip the people of their rights and freedoms.

IMHO, the initiative process is not a bad thing, when it's by and for the people, which is to say WITHOUT paid signature gatherers and OUT OF STATE money. But when millions of dollars are pumped into a campaign to used 'professional' signature gatherers who get 300K votes in ~30 days with very shady (at best) tactics, that is simply 'buying' laws IMHO.

If anything, this latest Supreme Court confirmation hysteria has hopefully energized some folks to at least vote. The extremists on the left exposed their true selves, and it wasn't pretty.

I was watching one of the frequent commentators on the news the other night, she claims [paraphrasing] that back when she was a liberal, they used to laugh at how they'd basically slam the conservatives because they knew they wouldn't fight back, ie. stoop to their level. If you recall, earlier this year year, they were bringing well organized and well funded bus loads of people to the capital to pack the hearings (must be nice to have the time). You have got to hand it to them, they do a great job 'organizing' and exploiting conservatives' politeness.

So unless you want the screaming liberal/leftist mob to be taking over more portions of life, liberty, and pursuit of freedom, put in the 15-20 minutes worth of work to register and cast a ballot.

There's some momentum here, hopefully it doesn't fade in the next month

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER TO VOTE ON LINE OR BY MAIL.:eek:. Oct. 29th in person.

29 DAYS UNTIL NOV. 6.

Spread.The.Word.

Boss

IMHO, the initiative process is not a bad thing, when it's by and for the people, which is to say WITHOUT paid signature gatherers and OUT OF STATE money. But when millions of dollars are pumped into a campaign to used 'professional' signature gatherers who get 300K votes in ~30 days with very shady (at best) tactics, that is simply 'buying' laws IMHO.

If anything, this latest Supreme Court confirmation hysteria has hopefully energized some folks to at least vote. The extremists on the left exposed their true selves, and it wasn't pretty.

I was watching one of the frequent commentators on the news the other night, she claims [paraphrasing] that back when she was a liberal, they used to laugh at how they'd basically slam the conservatives because they knew they wouldn't fight back, ie. stoop to their level. If you recall, earlier this year year, they were bringing well organized and well funded bus loads of people to the capital to pack the hearings (must be nice to have the time). You have got to hand it to them, they do a great job 'organizing' and exploiting conservatives' politeness.

So unless you want the screaming liberal/leftist mob to be taking over more portions of life, liberty, and pursuit of freedom, put in the 15-20 minutes worth of work to register and cast a ballot.

There's some momentum here, hopefully it doesn't fade in the next month

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER TO VOTE ON LINE OR BY MAIL.:eek:. Oct. 29th in person.

29 DAYS UNTIL NOV. 6.

Spread.The.Word.

Boss
@Boss thank you for your thoughts. That is exactly what I think, I just do not write that well.

Thank you @Sporting Systems for posting signs at English Pit and leaving a table full of flyers/cards. I stopped by the Pit Friday morning with my visiting nephew and saw the Vote No on I-1639 campaign in full force. I asked the attendant who placed. He mentioned Dan stopped by yesterday. Thank you again!

Thank you @Sporting Systems for posting signs at English Pit and leaving a table full of flyers/cards. I stopped by the Pit Friday morning with my visiting nephew and saw the Vote No on I-1639 campaign in full force. I asked the attendant who placed. He mentioned Dan stopped by yesterday. Thank you again!
It's all we do right now. All about getting the message out. Across the state. Clark county is going to look different in a couple days.

IMG_1035.JPG IMG_1052.JPG IMG_1057.JPG IMG_1009.JPG IMG_1013.JPG

Will have to stop by and get some more signs. Put a few up on HWY 99 Vancouver/Costco and have noticed all neighbors/dog walkers looking at my yard sign. Been driving around with a sign on my truck and bumper stickers...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top