JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Too many Pro 2a peeps are sitting there doing nothing...like every online seller and manufacturer in Washington. They're doing nothing. We're getting amazing traffic on our social feeds, making a difference...if Rainier Arms, AeroPrecision and others got busy...they could have a huge impact.

That reminds me, I drove past Olympic Arms the other day (after closing time) and didn't see any "No on I-1639" signs on their property. I'm going to have to make time to stop by when their open.

This talk about sellers and manufacturers, makes me wonder whether @LowPriceGuns has a "Yes on I-1639" or "No on I-1639" sign in their front window. My bet would be on the yes sign, as he was promoting this nonsense even before this initiative was started.

Ray

The Vancouver Columbian editorial came out with
"Vote No on 1639"

So there's one paper opposed to it.
I will note that it was not opposed to all gun control but it was opposed to the over reach of 1639

That reminds me, I drove past Olympic Arms the other day (after closing time) and didn't see any "No on I-1639" signs on their property. I'm going to have to make time to stop by when their open.

This talk about sellers and manufacturers, makes me wonder whether @LowPriceGuns has a "Yes on I-1639" or "No on I-1639" sign in their front window. My bet would be on the yes sign, as he was promoting this nonsense even before this initiative was started.

Ray

I'd be willing to bet he's got a yes sign and his business, he is a turncoat don't you know.:eek::eek::eek:

And now they are stealing signs...

DESPERATE ANTI-GUNNERS STEALING 'NO ON I-1639' SIGNS; CCRKBA WILL PROSECUTE

BELLEVUE, WA – Following reports of disappearing yard signs that urge voters to reject anti- rights Initiative 1639 in at least three Washington State counties, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms announced today that it will press charges against anyone caught removing such signs.

CCRKBA has learned of sign thefts in Whatcom, King and Yakima counties. The signs, produced by the National Rifle Association – which has joined forces with CCRKBA and the Washington Arms Collectors – are being placed at key locations around the state by hundreds of grassroots volunteers.

"This is not the first time we've faced this kind of activity from anti-gunners," said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. "In October 2014, we actually sought leniency for a former Bellevue councilwoman who was caught removing our campaign signs for Initiative 591. She was a supporter of the competing gun control initiative, and she was publicly embarrassed by the incident.

"However, this time around, we're not going to be so magnanimous," he promised. "We are encouraging grassroots volunteers to watch for any sign removal or vandalism and report it immediately to the local police or sheriff's department and we will pursue charges.

"There is no excuse for stealing someone else's property," Gottlieb said, "especially when it is done in an effort to suppress an opposing viewpoint. Our allies at the NRA have been spearheading the grassroots campaign against I-1639 and we're all on a shoestring budget compared to the multi-million-dollar war chest amassed by the gun prohibition lobby in Seattle. Theft of yard signs represents a significant financial loss, and we're not going to just roll over and take it.

"We realize that gun control is an emotional subject that can incite some people to do stupid things," he observed. "But that doesn't justify theft or destruction of yard signs, campaign posters, billboards or other forms of opposing political speech. While we can't imagine that the I-1639 campaign would sanction such activity, we call on them to publicly discourage their supporters from such actions.

"We live in a Republic," Gottlieb concluded, "but it's not a banana Republic. This kind of childish vandalism doesn't help their cause, and only suggests to us that some I-1639 supporters are feeling desperate, especially since law enforcement lined up against their measure this week."

The Vancouver Columbian editorial came out with
"Vote No on 1639"

So there's one paper opposed to it.
I will note that it was not opposed to all gun control but it was opposed to the over reach of 1639

You have to be kidding GWS. I'll have to check that out, so far the Columbian seems like all the rest.

My brother sent aero precision a message on instagram about opposing i639 and maybe putting a no on i639 post on there page . This was last week . They have opened it and that was it . May be loosing me as a customer .

I don't think they or any other liberal rag in Seattle would let that happen, they can do what they want to suppress opposition to their agenda. Just look at the Washington Supreme Court...:mad:

But...but...but wouldn't that be anti-1st Amendment and/or discrimination?:rolleyes:

In any event, as I say, the on-line commenters to published articles would seem to indicate there's less actual support to 1639 than the proponents would like to have us believe. That whole 'the majority of voters, including responsible gun owners, support common sense laws and regulations...' mantra isn't holding water. And they can't be bothered by pesky facts to the contrary.

Update: Another very articulate 1639 opposition Letter to the Editor in the local paper today.:cool:

Informing/educating folks is good. But its worthless without them voting. We're in a high stakes poker game...the chips/currency is votes. The side with the most wins. Simple as that. So on top of educating, folks need to register and VOTE.

Monday (10/8) is the last day to register to vote, particularly on-line.

Dates and Deadlines - Elections & Voting - WA Secretary of State

32 days. Spread.The.Word.

BOSS

Last Edited:
Sounds like something of this degree should call for some serious rallies and noise making.. Perhaps, something like what the liberals do, stop businesses from operating, hold up traffic, make a ruckus. Unfortunately, gun owners/RKBA activists are the most polite people in America when it comes to championing their cause. I think until people become more vocal and show people that they will not tolerate their constitutional rights being infringed, the fascists with the support of the mega corporate hogs who want absolute power, themselves, will continue on stripping away our constitutional rights piece by piece, state by state.

California is practically a fascist bureaucracy right in the USA and the same fascist politicians are wanting to promote their agenda in every other state in America. The fact that Paul Allen, Steve Ballmer, Michael Bloomberg can buy our Constitution and render it void just shows what type of fascist corporate run bureaucracy we are becoming.

It really saddens me, but the power of brainwashing, financial support, media propaganda all are very reminiscent of Nazi era Germany and people are scared, helpless sheep and will buy into such manipulative tactics. It won't be until people become vigilant, make noise and even start resisting, whether Gandhi style or through armed resistance that these constitutional rights can be restored. Writing letters, voting, etc will only work so much against a powerful fascist bureaucracy whose muscle and even illegal means of promoting their agenda was actually designed to suppress such legitimate measures to defend our civil liberties.

First, they will strip you of the 2nd Amendment, before going after your 1st Amendment rights. If they can vote away one of your civil rights, it won't be hard to vote to remove your others. It will be a matter of time before states, cities, etc can vote away certain religions,

I don't see Washingtonians standing up and being vigilant enough to fight the onslaught of liberal fascism that has taken control of this state. I was depressed when I lived in Washington and was fighting against I-594. Sadly, I went around talking to my fellow citizens in Washington state who were gun owners about the issue. Many who didn't even know when I-594 and many others refused to vote. Washington state has one of the lowest voter turnouts for Republicans and that has cost the state so much more freedoms. It is like the Republicans/Conservatives in the state are told their votes mean nothing and many have taken it to heart. Others just seem to be naive and could care less about the situation until they one day go to the local gun store and to their surprise, no longer have the right to buy a semi automatic rifle or pistol.

I remember the gunsmith who lived down the street from me in Lacey told me he really didn't care about what type of laws Washington state passed. He said he is an FFL and a lot of his customers were military and police, so it wouldn't affect him. The guy is originally from California, so maybe this influences his mindset. However, it is his mentality of "it doesn't affect me" that actually screws over everyone.

It is a really sad situation in Washington and Oregon. Colorado isn't in such a great situation , but I actually don't see these legislations making their way here with as much muscle, due to a more balanced political environment and the fact there is a much greater voter turnout for both Republicans and Libertarians in this state. The situation is bad everywhere, but I do see Washington losing its civil rights if they do not mobilize and turn this issue into more of a fiasco. THere is such a huge influx of mind controlled people moving into Seattle and they are being programmed how to think and vote. I don't see a diverse environment of people with more rational thinking. One city will rule the state and its every desire is to punish the hard working, law abiding citizens to make room for more brainwashed liberal zombies who will give them votes, financial support. IN the meantime, Seattle is becoming a crime infested cesspool of mentally ill people, homeless colonies, thieves and thugs who seem to have free reign to operate. The $15/hr minimum wage that won the hearts, souls and minds of the brainwashed populace is starting to backfire ,as more and more employers hire illegals who cannot be vetted thanks to the sanctuary status of the city (which also won the hearts and minds of all liberals). The government in the meantime is doing every thing in its power to punish law abiding and hard working people more and more.

Welcome to Upper Northern California.

So get up and fight it. Talk to people. Leave No on 1639 flyers at places you eat or visit. Someone waiting for a table will pick it up and read it. Put signs up. Our giving up is how they win.
DON'T GIVE UP!!!

Folks are far from giving up. Shooting systems has raised over $25K. Numerous letters to editors. Gun shops joining in. Facebook pages. NRA sending out Bumper stickers, etc.

Hopefully we get some good TV/Radio ads here closer to the end of the month to help across the finish line. But when law abiding gun owners get active, they bring their A game to the ballot box.

Hopefully OR is starting something good and turning a corner with their SAPO's...proactive legislative efforts like this are what's needed in this new(er) era...unless you want to just to stand by and suffer 'death by 1000 cuts' rights-wise.

Keep.Spreading.The.Word.

BOSS

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top