JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I called Freds & spoke to the owner. I stated I might be inclined to sue but.... that's just me. I didn't push to ask what they intend to do but I somewhat gathered a reprint would be forthcoming. I'm having a very difficult time understanding or accepting their comment of, "It has never been our intent to put words into anyone's mouth." I wonder how that can be valid when they deliberatly ammended the ad?

After thinking about it, I decided to write a letter (see below) to the paper expressing my disgust with their actions after reading their apology here.

Letter to the paper:
I don't know if Freds Guns going to sue you for what you did, but, you certainly would deserve it. Your decision to take the action you did is as despicable as most anything one could conjure up. You had several options available to you before you chose to publish the ad but deliberately chose to ignore them.
PERHAPS the public might desire/DESERVE to see a FRONT PAGE story with a corrected ad in the way of an apology? Anything less is just your validation for a wrongdoing against an honest business.

Dan Deckert

Just picked this up at Sporting Systems with a bunch of signs and handouts. Going to try and hit up Larch this weekend.

Thanks for doing this guys!

20181011_150753.jpg

Some good soul started a thread on the Nextdoor neighborhood forum exposing 1639 for what it is,
For any of you on that forum check the Political section
Add something if it isn't already started.

I'm in Tumwater. Would love a couple of yard signs for No 1639 to put in front of my home and business. Please let me know where I can pick them up...if any available. Thanks!

Last Edited:
For the voters against 1639 rallye today in the Tri-Cities. The 'mob' (all 15? of us) :rolleyes: met (gathered?) in the parking lot in the Columbia Center Mall parking lot to show our signs against 1639 at the corners of columbia center & canal drive.

Some 20? minutes into this, joe mall police/cop/whatever he was, came out & told us to get off the grass next to the roadway because it was mall property. He said we could stand on the sidewalk so we all complied and moved off the 4' grass strip. He then asked and stated that the owner of the pickup, in the parking lot that had political advertising on a trailer behind it, had to be removed. More bs followed here but the big dogs showed up about 6 minutes later.

Turns out the joe mall police/cop/whatever he was, lied as the 'grass' was/is city property according to the big dog. So I said the guy (joe mall police/cop/whatever he was,) just lied & the reply was..."he just mis-understood." Can you say bullshi*t here? The truck owner complied with the mall request to move his truck/trailer. All peaceful and respectful on our side.

Ralleye ended after an hour & we had a ton of thunbs up & horn honker supporters. Get out the VOTE!

Dan

DA#*IT Those big words (Hoplophobic) are killing me.. I thought it was some kind of bacterial disease.. :eek:

But as an FYI.. I had to write them a letter...:)
I 'think' Butch Elrod got some pics but...?

Dan

In this case, the mall is under the supervision of..
https://www.simon.com
CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
Simon Property Group, Inc.
225 West Washington Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204

GENERAL INFORMATION
<broken link removed>

THX to Butch Elrod for getting me more signs to put out.
AND in the FWIW dept., the mall is letting Dick's Sporting Goods into it. You remember them? The anti-2nd amendment company that believes it's OK for 18 yo people to defend the US but are to dangerous to own a Ruger 10/22?

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top