JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Walmart to remove violent displays in stores but will still sell guns

Hummmm..... I can't recall ever seeing a "violent display" in Wal Mart. Well, not one that I would call a "violent display." I would have thought that a display that glorified violence wasn't Wal Mart's thing. Rrrrright......it would scare away customers. And besides........ I heard just yesterday, that scenes depicted in Movies and Games, was NOT an underlying cause of violence in America.

OK, Ok, ok.....Halloween is another thing. I guess?

"Money, money, money...."

Aloha, Mark

Yeah that's funny. I've never seen a violent display at Walmart either, other than people spanking their insolent brats.

They did just lay off all the greeters, maybe they should re-hire them with special training.

Was the 'greeter' simply a jobs program for the elderly or infirm as I never really understood their function, except once in awhile they'd do a half-hearted reconciliation check of receipt against goods as they customer was almost out the door.

Was the 'greeter' simply a jobs program for the elderly or infirm as I never really understood their function, except once in awhile they'd do a half-hearted reconciliation check of receipt against goods as they customer was almost out the door.

You're right, it was just a jobs program. But maybe they could revamp it as a security position. Customers are used to seeing someone at the entrance, it would be business as usual from an optics standpoint.

Walmart also provides jobs for the mostly 'unemployable' anywhere else.

They have lower prices for the same products at other stores.

They only have chinese garbage products is a fallacy.

Unless Colt LE6920's and Mobil 1 synthetic oil (and tons of other U.S. made products) are chinese made...yeah, yeah, I know they don't sell AR's any longer, but they still (at least my local one does) sell U.S. made firearms and ammo..

Turning your nose up at Walmart because you may run into folks you wouldn't otherwise mingle with is the sort of 'elitism' I see lefties employ...

Personally I don't care about Walmart or what band aid tactics they use, I try not to shop there.
If they really wanted to stand by their antiviolence stunt they would they would remove guns, all toys, books, games, and the like related to violence.
I don't think these things are the problem but if you want to stop influencing violent behavior and you believe displays are a component of that then do a full sweep of your inventory and show some real conviction.

Walmart also provides jobs for the mostly 'unemployable' anywhere else.

They only have chinese garbage products is a fallacy.

Unless Colt LE6920's and Mobil 1 synthetic oil (and tons of other U.S. made products) are chinese made...yeah, yeah, I know they don't sell AR's any longer, but they still (at least my local one does) sell U.S. made firearms and ammo..

Turning your nose up at Walmart because you may run into folks you wouldn't otherwise mingle with is the sort of 'elitism' I see lefties employ...

You shop where you please, I'll do the same. Call it what you want.

So no more prank Walmart displays then?

DC0E6F7D-45C6-4C81-8FBA-C0E2FF55BFF6.jpeg

They very often do not sell the same products as other stores. If something is too expensive to sell, Walmart uses their dominant position to negotiate the manufacturer into making a cheaper version for Walmart to stock. It's actually pretty common; for any given product and model # there may be literally dozens of different SKUs, each at a different price/quality for a different store. I have no idea if Mobil 1 (your example) does this or not.

Taking a quick glance at the story that goes with the link it was as I suspected. They seem to be mostly talking about games. Posters for first person shooter games and such. To me it seems stupid but who cares.
As for Wally I have never been anti Wally. I HATE the store but has zero to do with the politics of the store. More to do with the help. Even when the economy was in the tank the help there all too often live up the old joke. It's not the fault of the store, its what you tend to get with min wage help. Some do great, a lot of them could care less.
Now as to Wally and guns and ammo? I have since they came about heard gun owners scream about them selling guns. That they hurt the little guys. Now I see the same gun owners yell they may stop selling guns. I could not give 2 craps what they do. Since they made it so easy to buy ammo on line I stopped buying ammo from them. It was often a PITA to get help there. Have bought a couple guns there LONG ago. If they decide to stop? I could care less. Before places like Amazon I shopped Wally weekly. I thank god every day I no longer have to. They do service a huge portion of the people though.

I'm a regular Walmart shopper and I see lots and lots of the very same stuff as other stores sell for often, not always, but most often, for less moola.

I know some absolutely hate Walmart for a variety of reasons.

I just don't happen to be one.

But, since we be in Merica, by all means shop elsewhere. That's your right!

My local one hires quite a number of the elderly and those with severe handicaps - all who do a very job.

That makes me happy and keeps me shopping there.

I'm a regular Walmart shopper and I see lots and lots of the very same stuff as other stores sell for often, not always, but most often, for less moola.

I know some absolutely hate Walmart for a variety of reasons.

I just don't happen to be one.

But, since we be in Merica, by all means shop elsewhere. That's your right!

My local one hires quite a number of the elderly and those with severe handicaps - all who do a very job.

That makes me happy and keeps me shopping there.
The oil you mention is one of the few things I still go there for. Amazon sells it for the same price delivered, always wondered how but, they are often out of stock on it. So as long as it's not the first weekend of the month I will head to Wally for it. Wife LOVES to go to the one by us in the middle of the night since there is few there. Only problem is the one by us turns into a meth head swap meet in the parking lot at night. Some scary looking zombies roaming around there in the early morning hours. :confused:

Taking a quick glance at the story that goes with the link it was as I suspected. They seem to be mostly talking about games. Posters for first person shooter games and such. To me it seems stupid but who cares.
As for Wally I have never been anti Wally. I HATE the store but has zero to do with the politics of the store. More to do with the help. Even when the economy was in the tank the help there all too often live up the old joke. It's not the fault of the store, its what you tend to get with min wage help. Some do great, a lot of them could care less.
Now as to Wally and guns and ammo? I have since they came about heard gun owners scream about them selling guns. That they hurt the little guys. Now I see the same gun owners yell they may stop selling guns. I could not give 2 craps what they do. Since they made it so easy to buy ammo on line I stopped buying ammo from them. It was often a PITA to get help there. Have bought a couple guns there LONG ago. If they decide to stop? I could care less. Before places like Amazon I shopped Wally weekly. I thank god every day I no longer have to. They do service a huge portion of the people though.
"Couldn't care less" :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads