JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're right, it was just a jobs program. But maybe they could revamp it as a security position. Customers are used to seeing someone at the entrance, it would be business as usual from an optics standpoint.

Jobs and Customer Relations.... Walter: "Hi there! Welcome to Walmart, get yer sch!t and get out!!!"

Security position with bulletproof glass and shooting ports, Federales in full battle regalia, armed to the teeth!

That would mean I'd have to actually walk into a Walmart. :s0002:

An hour at Walmart is like an hour at the zoo. The saving grace is people whose yaga pants actually fit! :D

Last Edited:
Sorry, I've just gotta share my favorite Walmart anecdote here.

A 28-year old Manager at Walmart became aware that his new greeter was showing up 15-20 minutes late every day. Fred was a nice old gentleman but his habitual tardiness could not be ignored. The young boss resolved to confront Fred the next time he was late. And sure enough, he arrived half an hour overdue the very next day.

Manager: "So, Fred, what did they used to say when you came in late every day at your last job?"

Fred: "Cup of coffee Admiral?"

Jobs and Customer Relations.... Walter: "Hi there! Welcome to Walmart, get yer sch!t and get out!!!"

That is why Walmart has me on their "Do NOT hire" list....:p

Security position with glass and shooting ports, Federales in full battle regalia, armed to the teeth!

I mentioned these items to help with my disability...:s0130:

An at Walmart is like an hour at the zoo. The saving grace is people whose yaga pants actually fit! :D

One has to go to the affluent locations for that bonus...:D

Walmart to remove violent displays in stores but will still sell guns

Hummmm..... I can't recall ever seeing a "violent display" in Wal Mart. Well, not one that I would call a "violent display." I would have thought that a display that glorified violence wasn't Wal Mart's thing. Rrrrright......it would scare away customers. And besides........ I heard just yesterday, that scenes depicted in Movies and Games, was NOT an underlying cause of violence in America.

OK, Ok, ok.....Halloween is another thing. I guess?

"Money, money, money...."

Aloha, Mark

Public (and commercial) virtue signaling at it's worst.... because it's manipulative and they don't really care, they're just trying to increase revenue and camouflage it as "care & compassion". o_O:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
We should all go buy a box of ammo from Wal Mart to encourage them to continue selling it.

I mentioned this in some other thread on this forum but I will say it in this thread too.

Walmart released an official statement regarding their guns, ammo and reloading supplies.

They already said that they were going to continue to sell ammo, firearms and reloading supplies. It was on several business websites and, later on, the letter hit the mainstream news.

I sent my husband to the store to buy just under $100.00 of factory 30-30 ammunition to SUPPORT them for their stance. I was the ONE who insisted on it even though he did not need any 30-30 ammo for his stock.

CALL them or write to them and thank them if you ever buy some of their firearm related products.

My MT husband has reloaded since the 70's but we still buy a bit of factory CF ammunition on and off.

We support local gun stores and some of them that we did support went out of business in the last 17 years if not more even though we supported them.

We never bought a gun from Walmart but I know some people who did in very rural areas.

We have bought RF ammo, shotgun ammo on sale when my MT husband still owned a shotgun and a bit of CF ammo from our local Walmart store. We bought some specific reloading powder from them when the LOCAL stores had none in stock too. I think that he might have (?) bought some primers there a LONG time ago but I could be wrong - memory wise.

We shop at various LOCAL and some big box stores in this town for specific products.

Cate

PS:

I do not buy from Amazon and if some people choose to do this - more power to them.

I would not give Amazon the sweat off of my brow. I have never bought from them and I never will.

We don't buy food online and have it shipped to our home either. I hear that is getting popular too. Large grocery and other stores including Walmart are doing this.

Some cities and rural areas do not have the brick and mortar stores that other states have.

This is a college town and the variety of stores including old fashioned, quality, name brand department stores are not here as they were where I used to live. Most of them have closed up! We don't have all of the small town - rural old fashioned general stores that I had where I used to live too.

Heck, book stores are closing up but they seem to opening more beer and pizza joints. Ugh.

BEER joints and people who make beer are popular here as if we need more bars and DRUNKS! Ugh.

I LOVE all kinds of book stores and finding some of them who actually OFFER CUSTOMER SERVICE like gun stores is getting to be a rare thing.

People tell me that they might not have something in stock but I can order it online. Now, if I wanted to order it online - I would have done that! Can you order it for me? Well no, we can't but YOU can do this. Give me a freaking break - those places do not get MY business.

I even had some sporting goods stores not just book stores or specialty stores tell me this.

And that goes even if I am willing to pay for the item UP FRONT and have them ship it to a local store and my husband will PICK IT UP when it comes into the store.

Sometimes, calling corporate helps and sometimes it does not.

Some people like to shop online. We do not do this but we do COMPARE PRICES for some things online.

We like to buy our products in THIS town and in the surrounding towns to keep them in business.

We buy all kinds of products from all kinds of stores in this town. We buy from Costo even though they do not allow conceal carry there too. We like specific products from Costco and we make a quick trip there on and off too. We do not like their policy and we could boycott them but we don't. We HAVE boycotted other places though for their stance when it comes to firearms.

As far as violent video games and displays go... that is their decision to make and if you don't like it - don't shop there. People murder people not video games but if all a person does is watch that crapola over and over like a freaking ZOMBIE - I do think that it influences their behavior to a degree even if they do NOT commit a murder or crime.

Disclaimer: I have never seen a video game in my life other than in a movie or on a show on the boob tube. I don't know any person who looks at them. My MT husband has never seen one either. I asked him the other day.

I don't BUY or listen to gang rap music about raping women, stabbing/shooting peace officers and other people too. There was a LOT of rock music that I refused to listen to and would not buy either. (I am 69 years old now.)

There have been some movies that I have NOT seen when it came to war, true or supposedly true accounts, and crime mystery movies that I have NOT seen and refused to see.

There have been some that I did SEE and I did not LIKE so I donated the movie.

I do not go to movie houses and our rental place closed up unfortunately. I liked 99 cents night or for a week deal.

There have been some movies/shows that I did SEE and liked but after so many times of seeing a war or mystery crime movie or western or comedy or historical event... that I decided to PASS IT ON and donated them to the library. My MT husband did the same thing.

That goes for some fiction and for some non fiction books too.

I am still glad that Walmart will continue with their gun, ammo and reloading supplies in some of their stores. I shop at LOCAL stores and at Walmart for some items. SEE my above post.

Thank you.

Your mileage may vary. If you have many stores to shop from and/or if you decide to shop online - it is your decision not mine to make.

Cate

What some people wear into walmart are violent displays of poor taste.

I agree with you when it comes to SOME people but I see some people dress in very poor attire in ALL parts of town too.

There are good and bad in all people no matter where they live or where they shop.

They can dress well and be a criminal dirt bag and they can dress poorly or in bad taste and have a heart of gold.

I think of the line from the FBI people now when it comes to him and others talking/writing about smelly people who may only shop at one place. I personally found that VERY offensive and demeaning to LUMP ALL SHOPPERS together. Especially to a man who might have just come off a construction crew job or a nurse who had a 12 hour shift and they stopped on their way home for some item. You know they said that about Conservatives in general and not just Trump supporters.

Disclaimer: I did not support HC or Trump.

I don't like tats printed and holes punched all over bodies and faces either but if that is their THING - more power to them.

If a man has a small military tat - okay. My late husband had a VERY, very small eagle - USN combined tat on his arm. Vietnam Veteran. He was not drafted. USN, Nam and around the world, Air NG Fighter Wing and a NON .gov job. He was the only man that I knew who had one and when I first met him and we were at the beach swimming - I asked him if it was for real. LOL

I have one hole in each ear lobe for pierced earrings too.

But I personally think that women and men who do these things in a MASSIVE AMOUNT to their bodies/faces look terrible too. To each their own.

At least, the in poor taste clothing can be changed but it is pretty hard to erase tats and fill in holes all over wealthier people who shop in higher class stores and poorer people who shop at Walmart in my not so humble opinion.

Old Lady Cate
Added more and typos.

Last Edited:
Walmart also provides jobs for the mostly 'unemployable' anywhere else.

They have lower prices for the same products at other stores.

They only have chinese garbage products is a fallacy.

Unless Colt LE6920's and Mobil 1 synthetic oil (and tons of other U.S. made products) are chinese made...yeah, yeah, I know they don't sell AR's any longer, but they still (at least my local one does) sell U.S. made firearms and ammo..

Turning your nose up at Walmart because you may run into folks you wouldn't otherwise mingle with is the sort of 'elitism' I see lefties employ...

^^^

This and thank you.

Have a nice Sunday!

See my two other posts regarding Walmart on this thread too.

Cate

Cate,

People who get tatted up and punctured with bits of metal worn all over their faces with Edward Scissorhands hairdos and generally look like walking/talking gargoyles and think presenting themselves to the world looking like this lends them some sort of cool guy/girl credibility or even (gag) celebrity status when they simply might be chronically unemployed, living off their parents with no plan to improve their lives, but man, do they ever look cool...

Oh yeah, they are quick to get irate if you 'judge' them while they pretend they don't want attention or to be judged...righhtt!

So, when I compare the people of Walmart to these gargoyles, I laugh and laugh and laugh...give me the people of Walmart any day...

They very often do not sell the same products as other stores. If something is too expensive to sell, Walmart uses their dominant position to negotiate the manufacturer into making a cheaper version for Walmart to stock. It's actually pretty common; for any given product and model # there may be literally dozens of different SKUs, each at a different price/quality for a different store. I have no idea if Mobil 1 (your example) does this or not.

Sounds like Costco

So, when I compare the people of Walmart to these gargoyles, I laugh and laugh and laugh...give me the people of Walmart any day..

I recently saw some of those gargoyle peoples at Walmart. So strange for this little town. But summer brings in the freaks from other areas cuz they don't need warming stations like they do in the winter here. Which btw cost me another $200 on my property taxes last year. :mad:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned... I read that the new Walmart policy has to do with Hunting shows and vids that play in the Electronics/Entertainment area. No more of that!

Sooooo, hunting = violence = mass shooters.

Ok hunters, don't think for a minute that the antis aren't aiming for your guns too!!!

I saw my first gargoyle in Amsterdam many moons ago.

He sported a Spikey Green Mohawk, Safety Pin in his nose and cheeks, arms all sleeved up with garish tattoos and what looked like a girls halter top and striped long pants and he jangled when he walked by so....

If 'hunting videos' equate to violence what about slaughter houses?

Corey the Booker, does want us all to be rabbit food eaters, and aoc too come to think of it as she wants to ban cattle and I guess herbivores in general as they produce methane - wait, so do I - omg!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top