JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dang everybody beat me to the posting of the link. Darn slow boondocks internet connection. :D

It appears the call from the ATF was enough to convince the FFL the error of his ways. I was notified by the buyer this morning that he was contacted to come pick up his firearm. Sad to think the FFL could have avoided all the damage to his reputation by just not being a pain in first place.

Excellent new PlayBoyPenguin :s0155:

Sad that it had to go this far. Something tells me it was Karma time for this guy. It does sometimes come around and sometimes your lucky enough to get to see it happen.

It appears the call from the ATF was enough to convince the FFL the error of his ways. I was notified by the buyer this morning that he was contacted to come pick up his firearm. Sad to think the FFL could have avoided all the damage to his reputation by just not being a pain in first place.

Good to hear! This was always a problem between the buyer and his FFL, imho. The FFL was just being a butt.

At some point, I couldn't understand (not knowing much about FFL's) how he could accept and seize the gun and refuse to release it to you or the buyer. In my simple mind that's theft but I suppose legally it isn't. It sure isn't right though since he didn't refuse the shipment but instead held the gun.

Good to hear that the right thing happened in the end! As for the guys reputation my guess is the locals alreay know what the online community is just learning!

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -- Abraham Lincoln ...

In post #20,Sam invites us to check his feedback on eBay.Looks to me like a bunch of $5-$10 ratchets.That's hardly the same as a very nice revolver. He even burned a couple people on these; what a guy!!
I've never met PBP,but I would not hesitate for a second to deal with him.This deal has already cost him more in stress and aggravation than it was worth.
I hope this is resolved quickly for you.
Good Luck!

Well it looks like you got some resolution, I'm glad. Your right it should of never got to the level it did. I wouls also like to say for everyone that is scared off by this abd will only do FTF. Don't be there are some real good people out of state and some good FFLs out there I recently bought a AK from a guy in Florida and the transaction went great.

In post #20,Sam invites us to check his feedback on eBay.Looks to me like a bunch of $5-$10 ratchets.That's hardly the same as a very nice revolver. He even burned a couple people on these; what a guy!!
I've never met PBP,but I would not hesitate for second to deal with him.This deal has already cost him more in stress and aggravation than it was worth.
I hope this is resolved quickly for you.
Good Luck!

I think many of us haven't ever met PBP. Somebody should organize a get together I think. Shooting, Barb-Q, etc.

Jeez, I live in Colorado but I just joined this forum today, solely so I could subscribe to this thread and see how the drama ended. Now it's all over. What a letdown. ;)

Seriously, congratulations PBP. Ya done good.

Glad it worked out PBP! there is a get together at Threat Dynamics on Jan 30th. It is a Saturday. Free BBQ, door prizes etc. and use of the ranges! I will post the link to the thread later today as the wife is dragging me out the door now! ;) Unless someone beats me to it.

Very Good to hear. I am glad the headache is over, and the buyer has his property.

Glad it worked out PBP! there is a get together at Threat Dynamics on Jan 30th. It is a Saturday. Free BBQ, door prizes etc. and use of the ranges! I will post the link to the thread later today as the wife is dragging me out the door now! ;) Unless someone beats me to it.

Will look forward to the link. My boss is interested in attending as well.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top